Getting Pregnant

Anyone here had monitoring for follicle growth?

Has anyone here had monitoring to see if their follicles were turning making it to egg stage? I'm curious what the process was like.

I'm frustrated because everything appears normal. My temps and OPKs show that I ovulate every month and I've always had regular cycles. 

I've now had blood work done, ultrasounds, HSG and DH has had a SA twice. All appears to be normal. We're on our 15th cycle of TTC.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Anyone here had monitoring for follicle growth?

• Yes, I have. Monitoring is very common (and highly recommended) during medicated cycles, which I did/will do again. I've never done it for an unmedicated cycle though.  THen again, I don't ovulate w/o meds.

It's basically just internal ultrasounds, which are a piece of cake, and bloodwork. A lot of it. I think I was "violated" about 20+ times in my medicated cycle and went an entire week where I had blood drawn every day. Super fun, I tell ya!

In Christ alone my hope is found. He is my LIGHT, my STRENGTH, and my SONG!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

T-TTC since Dec 2008. PCOS/nonexistant cycles(anovulation). Failed Clomid/IUI cycles and 1 failed injectables cycle so far.  

• during my monitored medicated cycle i was in there 3 times, and it really should have been 2 times. once when i started spotting (i misjudged AF starting, but they didn't care as long as it was before cd3), again on cd11 and because it was a medicated cycle and they were looking for a specific follicle size so that i could take the trigger shot they had me come back 2 days later on cd13 to see how things were looking.

it wasn't fun, but to be honest i found those encounters with the vag cam to be less uncomfortable than my last pregnancy vac cam ultrasound. that woman looked at EVERYTHING AND THEN SOME and was pushing on everything. oh well.

TTC #2: 12/2012
    Back to our beloved RE 10/2013
    11/16/13: First treatment cycle = BFN
    Second cycle cancelled due to polyps.
    Surgery to remove 1/23/14. Given the green light.
    2/8/14: Back at treatment. 
    BFP #5 3/5/14
    Beta 1: 47. Beta 2: 87. Beta 3: 482!
    Scheduling the first u/s for 6w. Taking a deep breath to relax, not stress, and feel as confident as possible.
    Recreating the happy, livable, stress free womb and hoping for the best!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah. I'm not really worried about the ultrasounds, just wondered how often I'd be in the office for them and anything else. 

I have looked around and haven't really seen anyone that's had monitoring for growth without being on meds.  

• image yellowbrkrd:

Yeah. I'm not really worried about the ultrasounds, just wondered how often I'd be in the office for them and anything else. 

I have looked around and haven't really seen anyone that's had monitoring for growth without being on meds.  

I haven't seen that either. Who is recommending you do this, an OB? It doesn't make a lot of sense to me if you can tell you are Oing by temps and maybe add in the 7dpo bloodwork to be sure. And what about cost? If you've been trying for over a year and haven't done so already, I'd start seeing a RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist) since they specialize in getting you pregnant. OBs specialize in caring for women who are already pregnant.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    The Freebie is due 12.8.14!

• image kelnyc:
    image yellowbrkrd:

Yeah. I'm not really worried about the ultrasounds, just wondered how often I'd be in the office for them and anything else. 

I haven't seen that either. Who is recommending you do this, an OB? It doesn't make a lot of sense to me if you can tell you are Oing by temps and maybe add in the 7dpo bloodwork to be sure. And what about cost? If you've been trying for over a year and haven't done so already, I'd start seeing a RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist) since they specialize in getting you pregnant. OBs specialize in caring for women who are already pregnant.

My OB has been working with me so far. She did say we might need to move on to an RE, I've already done my research and know which one I want to go to in our area. Our insurance covers 50% of the diagnostic stage. I will see what they say when they call to make my next appointment and ask about getting a referral to the RE. She may just be sending me to him anyway, she did already mention it at one point.