Married Life

Put your flamefuls here.

We have a couple of friends with whom we used to party. As soon as I got PG we basically stopped hanging out. She couldn't have kids and always seemed like didn't want to anyway. The last time I saw her (A) I was 12 weeks pg and then she always had a health excuse not to hang out. Even when DH went to their house to play poker A was always in her room. 

I had/have a little crush on the husband (B). Just because he is the type I used to like when I was a teenager. Obviously nothing went anywhere but inside my head. I haven't seen him since I was very pregnant. 

Yesterday a mutual friend said: "oh so apparently A  and B are finalizing their divorce and C (single gorgeous party guy) took B out and had a bunch of 20 y/o lay him down" *grain of salt obviously*

As I was saying "what? And ewwwwwww I had him held in such high esteem"  my brain was saying "OMG HE IS SINGLE! available! Too bad I'm feling so unattractive lately"

It took me a little while to rationally analyze the situation and remind my animal instinct that I am happily married. But still.....

Thankfully  I got very well laid last night.  

Soon to celebrate the day we met, even if the day before marks when we said goodbye.

Re: Put your flamefuls here.

• After some of the reactions in the music festival thread about camping in July for 3 days, I'm pretty sure most of ML would be horrified by the fact that I typically live 1 to 2 weeks camping in PA in August every year with thousands of other people.
  • One of my H's good friends has the happiest and most well behaved 1 year old , and we spent time with them this weekend. His baby fever is out of control, and it's freaking me out. I feel really stupid thinking that I'm not ready to give up my random weekend 3 hour naps!!
    image BabyFruit Ticker
  • wblwbl member

What does "lay him down" mean?  I've decided it either means that he fought with a bunch of 20 yo guys or he had sex with a bunch of 20 yo girls.

And I, for one, could not care less what anyone else's camping habits are.  I just know it's not something I like.

My flameful is that it's 1:30 and I have billed 0.0 today.

• image Nerdicornss:
    After some of the reactions in the music festival thread about camping in July for 3 days, I'm pretty sure most of ML would be horrified by the fact that I typically live 1 to 2 weeks camping in PA in August every year with thousands of other people.

Juggalo convention?  lol.

Yes, this is horrifying to me.  Why?  What's there? 

Updated September 2012. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I am still sick and mayyyy have cried on the phone with more than one receptionist when they said that the respective doctors couldn't see me today.  I also want my mom to come take care of me.  Again.  Because she was around all weekend and took Lucy over night for me to sleep. Asthma sucks and this year's allergy season can bite me.  
  • I got not one but TWO new Coach purses for my birthday this weekend (The blessed day is Wednesday for all you home gamers) and haters can suck it.  They are my new friends :-)
    Seriously, people. If your faith in humanity is destroyed because your parents told you there was a Santa Claus and as it turns out there is no Santa Claus, you are an ignorant, hypersensitive cry baby with absolutely zero perspective. - UnderwaterRhymes
  • image alzigator:
    One of my H's good friends has the happiest and most well behaved 1 year old , and we spent time with them this weekend. His baby fever is out of control, and it's freaking me out. I feel really stupid thinking that I'm not ready to give up my random weekend 3 hour naps!!
    oh! You are not ready. You are never ready. We used to have naked weekends, weekends in which we purposely would not move from the couch and weekends when he played his computer game while I intermittently napped by him. I so miss those days. 

Soon to celebrate the day we met, even if the day before marks when we said goodbye.
  • I was on my college campus last week for a panel about careers in my field.

I saw a really cute guy- tall, athletic.  Heloooo....

Then I remembered that I am 1) married, and 2) likely ~10 years older than him.

And then I felt like a dirty pervy ho.

• image Marle:
    image alzigator:
    One of my H's good friends has the happiest and most well behaved 1 year old , and we spent time with them this weekend. His baby fever is out of control, and it's freaking me out. I feel really stupid thinking that I'm not ready to give up my random weekend 3 hour naps!!
    oh! You are not ready. You are never ready. We used to have naked weekends, weekends in which we purposely would not move from the couch and weekends when he played his computer game while I intermittently napped by him. I so miss those days. 

True. However kids nap. I love taking naps with my babies. They were easier to coordinate when I only had 1 kid, but 3 times in the past week I had a big nap fest with my girlies and it was fantastic.

However, flexibility of such naps goes out the window with kids. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image lp521:
    I am still sick and mayyyy have cried on the phone with more than one receptionist when they said that the respective doctors couldn't see me today.  I also want my mom to come take care of me.  Again.  Because she was around all weekend and took Lucy over night for me to sleep. Asthma sucks and this year's allergy season can bite me.  

:(  I hope that you feel better soon.  

• image Marle:

I had/have a little crush on the husband (B). Just because he is the type I used to like when I was a teenager. Obviously nothing went anywhere but inside my head. I haven't seen him since I was very pregnant. 

Yesterday a mutual friend said: "oh so apparently A  and B are finalizing their divorce and C (single gorgeous party guy) took B out and had a bunch of 20 y/o lay him down" *grain of salt obviously*

As I was saying "what? And ewwwwwww I had him held in such high esteem"  my brain was saying "OMG HE IS SINGLE! available! Too bad I'm feling so unattractive lately"

I had a veeeeeeery similar conversation last week with some friends I hadn't seen for a while. One of them dated this guy on-and-off for years and everyone knew he was a dog except me apparently. She told me the story of how once she got engaged, her Ex kept texting her saying "leave him, and come back to me."

Outwardly I was Surprise omg what an assshole! Inside I was like... is he still single? Embarrassed

• image scottydont:

image lp521:
    I am still sick and mayyyy have cried on the phone with more than one receptionist when they said that the respective doctors couldn't see me today.  I also want my mom to come take care of me.  Again.  Because she was around all weekend and took Lucy over night for me to sleep. Asthma sucks and this year's allergy season can bite me.  

thanks :)  I also feel like a dickkk because I had to cancel on alz and ltp on Saturday.  But I must be really sick because I slept through a lot of two whole phillies games this weekend.  omg! 

• We did lots of "camping" growing up. Which was load up our camper and drive out to the middle of the desert and ride quads, cook outside and then retire to our nice beds, toilet and shower. If DH and I could afford to rent an RV I wouldn't mind going at all. We have a tent and have never used it just because I have not had enough energy or time to get organized and I personally really do not want to sleep on the ground, or an air mattress.

We had a brunch at our house on Sunday and I consumed for than my fair share of mimosas, then we moved onto vodka and lemonade's. I soaked some strawberries in my drinks and they were soo good. This a.m. there was some champagne left in fridge. I may have taken the last few swigs from the bottle before anyone got up to help my hangover. :-)

• Every time I venture into the wild I get poison ivy. All this talk about camping is making me itchy.

67/200
  • I woke up in the middle of the night with excruciating abdominal pain and I LOL'ed at myself because I thought I was having sympathy labor pains with Tamb.

Then I farted really long and the pains went away but the farts made me think about Tamb too, lol.

• I had a dream last night that Corey Haim had faked his death and was living in a small town here in MN. I, of course, recognized him but promised not to say anything. The whole time I was trying to figure out how to hook up with him.

I'm baffled at why I have celeb dreams every night.

God, I miss Corey Haim....

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Re: poison ivy (this isn't flameful), my gpa gets it in his throat/nasal passage ways if he breathes it in.  He's that sensitive.  That would suck.
  • I think I like camping. It's been a long time though. My sister loves it. We didn't really camp as kids/a family. Sis has all the gear and shitt.

I don't mind being dirty, so long as I'm in a place where it's ok to be dirty and I'm reasonably accepting of bugs. I think Nigel is in for a rude awakening, like many things his romantic idea of camping is likely not rooted in reality (mosquitoes, sunburn, being hot, rain, etc.)

Vassar had Founder's Day every year and one year I spent like half a day tripping and rolling around in this mudslide on a hillside.  I was also 20.

hmmmmmmmm.

Yeah that's right my name's Yauch!
  • image lp521:
    image scottydont:

image lp521:

thanks :)  I also feel like a dickkk because I had to cancel on alz and ltp on Saturday.  But I must be really sick because I slept through a lot of two whole phillies games this weekend.  omg! 

I was sad, but was comforted by my good friend beer. Hope you feel better!!
    image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Are gender reveal cakes flameful? How about push presents? SIL is pregnant and plans on doing both. Ive never known anyone that did either, just heard about em around these parts. Flameful? Or is it a regional thing?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • i dreamed last night that we were in a walking dead type world. somehow we had power and h was leaving lights on at night, making no attempt to be quiet, and worst of all was letting my favorite dog go outside to lounge on the deck! one zombie in particular was just hanging out outside our window and he let my dog go outside! wtf?!? i grilled him for ten minutes this morning on his behavior, asking why in the world he would act that way. 

i know it was a dream, but i still feel like he should be able to answer for himself and tell me why his dream-self was such a thoughtless dummy.  

• every time H posts on FB about the baby I feel like untagging myself. Most of the time I do. I'm not really sure why but it upsets me. 

• image CurlyQ284:
    Are gender reveal cakes flameful? How about push presents? SIL is pregnant and plans on doing both. Ive never known anyone that did either, just heard about em around these parts. Flameful? Or is it a regional thing?

There is a general understanding in my house that I will be recieving something pretty for birthing our kiddos after #2 enters the world. I may or may not be pretty excited about it. I just hinted at it one time and H has ran with it. He is smart like that.

I don't really think push presents are a big deal. It is a lot of work to birth babies, carry them and keep them safe during pregnancy. As long you aren't demanding a gift I think it is nice to be recognized for efforts. But I am selfish like that.

• I used to date a decent amount and I would analyze and approve potential future MILs by the following criteria.

'Does she seem like the type to keep her son's belly button stump in fancy box somewhere or a scrapbook of some kind?'

If no, proceed.

• also - and I have NO idea why - but when someone has a 'natural' birth plan, posts about, talks about, goes through classes and whatnot... then they are just very casual about getting an epi - it bothers me.

I'm sure this has more to do with me than them, but I don't know what it is about me that causes this to irk so much. 

Floyd P. Bamker - can't spell
  • image missusbee:

every time H posts on FB about the baby I feel like untagging myself. Most of the time I do. I'm not really sure why but it upsets me. 

I think you are just going through the "I am not ready to admit life is changing" phase of pregnancy. Perhaps a bit of "I don't want to be those people on facebook" added in for good measure. Don't worry it is normal. :-)

• image CurlyQ284:
    Are gender reveal cakes flameful? How about push presents? SIL is pregnant and plans on doing both. Ive never known anyone that did either, just heard about em around these parts. Flameful? Or is it a regional thing?

if a couple wants to do a sex reveal cake for themselves, maybe even grandparents, fine. if you want to do a big party around it w/ gifts, you are lame.

if a guy wants to give his wife a gift to show appreciation/recognition of all the hard work, great. if the woman is demanding a specific item and being a biiitch about it, not cool. 

• A friend from HS named his daughter Aniston Neveah, after Jennifer Aniston of course.  I'm thinking that is a Toddlers and Tiaras name if I've ever heard one.  Everyone else I know is gushing over the beauty of this name.  I'm a horrible friend, and I'm okay with that. 
  • image scottydont:

I used to date a decent amount and I would analyze and approve potential future MILs by the following criteria.

'Does she seem like the type to keep her son's belly button stump in fancy box somewhere or a scrapbook of some kind?'

If no, proceed.

If only I had thought to ask ten years ago... My MIL was horrified when I told her that we threw M's stump away. She kept stump AND foreskin. Ick! But she is sentimental and saves absolutely everything.

• image scottydont:

I used to date a decent amount and I would analyze and approve potential future MILs by the following criteria.

Well that's just good sense.