What's Cooking?

Make ahead one stovetop burner meal? HELP!

My husband is going on a hunting trip this weekend with a group of buddies, and I offered to send some food along with. I'm planning muffins and smore fixings, but he requested a meal and then told me they don't have electricity, only one gas burner and a fire! He's requested something warm and filling, so no chicken salad sandwiches. No crockpot meals :(  and he needs to be able to heat in a large pot or skillet on the stove, but wants it fully cooked and ready to eat. Any ideas? I was thinking maybe a soup but it may be hot there and soup can sometimes be really heavy? I'm stumped!

Is it possible to premake a casserole that can be stirred to heat on the stove? 

Re: Make ahead one stovetop burner meal? HELP!

• The main ones that I make when we go to camp are:

Chili

American chop suey

Chicken & Sausage Gumbo

Jambalya

Beef Stew

Or for something a little different maybe Mac & Cheese can be reheated on the stove top? 

• I think a spaghetti (or something like rotini) and a hearty meat sauce would be a great idea. It always reheats well, and you could have the pasta/sauce already mixed and ready to be heated. I do this as an easy and filling meal when we have babysitters over for the evening.
    imageimage Leslie G. My Bio| Bloggy style Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'd buy him some potatoes and send him on his way. Baked potatoes done in a fire pit are the best. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I like boil-in-a-bag indian food served over a baked potato when camping. Really can't be easier. No clean up. Just need boiled water and a foil wrapped potato.