Money Matters

Another paycheck-related poll.

I'm not sure this scenario has come up yet.  When a holiday falls on a Sunday, it's observed on the following Monday.  But what about payday?  I theoretically get paid on the 15th and the last working day of the month.

ETA: For purposes of this poll, assume direct deposit is not an option.

[Poll]

Little Bridey Twist, begging for a bowl of Chobani. Just like in the orphanages of yore.

Re: Another paycheck-related poll.

• I need an "SS" option -- I would expect to get direct desposited on the 14th, b/c I always get direct deposited on the evening before payday.

Mama to 2 late-term preemies (7/10 & 11/12) due to HELLP Syndrome.
  • When I had a pay schedule like that, pay day always fell on the last working day PRIOR to the pay date.
    **formerly guaca*molly!**
  • image lucy460:

I need an "SS" option -- I would expect to get direct desposited on the 14th, b/c I always get direct deposited on the evening before payday.

For purposes of this poll, direct deposit is not an option.

Little Bridey Twist, begging for a bowl of Chobani. Just like in the orphanages of yore.
  • I get paid on the 15th and the last day of the month as well and my paycheck was deposited last night.

ETA- it is my firm's policy to never delay your paycheck. If a pay day is on a Sunday, they will never hold it until Monday since technically you are not then being paid on time.

imageimage
    It's a dog's life!
  • How many times have you not gotten a check from this place?
    Seriously, people. If your faith in humanity is destroyed because your parents told you there was a Santa Claus and as it turns out there is no Santa Claus, you are an ignorant, hypersensitive cry baby with absolutely zero perspective. - UnderwaterRhymes
  • image brideymcbriderson:
    image lucy460:

I need an "SS" option -- I would expect to get direct desposited on the 14th, b/c I always get direct deposited on the evening before payday.

I can't even remember what that would be like. Nonetheless, I will go vote.

Mama to 2 late-term preemies (7/10 & 11/12) due to HELLP Syndrome.
    image lucy460:

FWIW, even if it's DDed, I'd expect it in my account the last working day prior to the Sunday or holiday pay date.

**formerly guaca*molly!**
  • I like the song and dance you do around explicitly saying this is about your place of employment.  Stick out tongue  How ironic that you have this question on the afternoon of Friday, the 13th. 

ETA, I just re-read the question.  Never mind. 

• I'm going with the 13th, on the basis that our direct deposits happen early, rather than late, when payday is a holiday.  It happens with some frequency, since we get paid every other Friday.
  • I get paid monthly and receive my check on the last working day of the month.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The payment date on my last paystub was Friday the 13 th. 
    Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image SwizzleStiX:
    When I had a pay schedule like that, pay day always fell on the last working day PRIOR to the pay date.

Yep, I'm on a 15th/last day schedule right now, and my deposit was available today.

• I just went downstairs to verify and yep, we got our paychecks today.  That's the case at my previous companies too--you get paid before the holiday.

Aaaand, the kitchen is on the way to the mailroom and I now have a slice of chocolate cake from Mike's Pastries in my hot little hands so thanks for this post, bridey Cake

I'd rather be rock climbing or playing volleyball
    image image
  • I voted 16th because that's how it would be for us. We get paid on the 5th/20th, and we always get notified our checks will be DD after the bank holiday. I don't know if they hand out checks on the holiday because I have DD.
  • It's going to be a sad day for MM if I ever get a job at a normal place of employment!

It's going to be a sad day for MM if I ever get a job at a normal place of employment!

On the contrary, I think we'll all be doing cartwheels for you!

I'd rather be rock climbing or playing volleyball
    image image
  • Anytime either DH's or my payday falls on a day business is closed (payday is Friday), pay is always moved forward a day.  It's policy that employees are to have access to their pay no later than the normal payday so the company sometimes has to pay you early.

We don't work at the same place.  

• We get paid 2x a month, and if the payday falls on a saturday it goes in on Friday, but if it's a sunday it goes in on Monday.  It sucks if the monday is a holiday since then it's not in until Tuesday. 

My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I think it should be before, but I just checked my bank account, and looks like mine will be Mon the 16th.
  • I also get paid the 15th and the last day of the month. I got paid today since the 15th lands on a Sunday. But I also have direct deposit, so I would guess the check would be in the mail by Monday or handed to me today if I worked in an office.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If our pay date falls on a weekend we get paid the Friday before. 

Unfortunately I suspect you would be paid on Monday based on previous events. 

• image Hamster0601:

If our pay date falls on a weekend we get paid the Friday before. 

Unfortunately I suspect you would be paid on Monday after you ask for your paycheck based on previous events. 

Fixed it for you. :)

• I do the payroll for my company and we get paid on the 15th and last day of the month.  If either of these fall on a holiday or weekend we get paid on the working day before.  Also our employees are paid current (which is another craziness) so we have two dates on our check.  For this month Paydate is 4/13 and Pay period end date is 4/15.  
    imageimage
    107 Read/listened to in 2011: 91 Books/16 Audiobooks
    Read 2012: 33/50