Getting Pregnant

How long did the trigger stay in your system?

Still crampy today. I haven't been testing since the IUI to test out my trigger. Took my first HPT this morning and got a faint positive. I was prepared for this, at least I thought so. However, now I'm questioning whether or not it could be real. I am currently 7dpiui and 8.5 days post-trigger. I had Novarel, but I'm not exactly sure how much. I'm guessing it was the standard dose.

Rationally, I know it is probably still the trigger, so feel free to virtually smack me. TBH, I've never actually seen a +HPT in real life, so it was slightly surprising.

"Keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart."
image image
Normal bloodwork, HSG and S/A
Med Cycles #1-5: 50mg Clomid, Novarel trigger, TI and 2 IUI's--> all BFN's
April, May 2012: Natural Cycles, BFN's
Med Cycle #6: Follistim with trigger and IUI --> BFFN
Ovarian endometriosis discovered in July, treated with laparoscopy 8/3
September Siggy: Birthday Cake MARTINIS

Re: How long did the trigger stay in your system?

• My trigger had tested out by 8 days.  But I'm not sure if that's normal or early.  I wouldn't believe a +HPT until at least 12 days past trigger, but I'm not sure if that's accurate either.  Hopefully someone else is helpful, because obviously I'm not.  ooops.
  • image GreyLove:
    My trigger had tested out by 8 days.  But I'm not sure if that's normal or early.  I wouldn't believe a +HPT until at least 12 days past trigger, but I'm not sure if that's accurate either.  Hopefully someone else is helpful, because obviously I'm not.  ooops.

I appreciate it anyway. :) Thanks. 

image image
  • Mine was gone either 8 or 9 days past trigger but I can't remember for sure. I have to agree with Grey, I wouldn't trust anything until 12 days past trigger. 
    image image
    TTC Dec 2010 - DX MFI Aug 2011 - CD3/7DPO labs good - HSG all clear
    IUI #1 1/13 = BFN
    IUI #2 = BFN
    IUI #3 + Clomid = BFN
    IUI #4 + Clomid = BFFN
    IUI #5 + Clomid = BFN
    IUI #6 + Clomid = BFN
    IVF coming soon
  • My dr's office told me to wait until 12dpo before testing unless I had tested out the trigger. I'd say it's a really tough call whether the + is accurate or trigger at this point. Sorry. 
    TTC #2: 12/2012
    Back to our beloved RE 10/2013
    11/16/13: First treatment cycle = BFN
    Second cycle cancelled due to polyps.
    Surgery to remove 1/23/14. Given the green light.
    2/8/14: Back at treatment. 
    BFP #5 3/5/14
    Beta 1: 47. Beta 2: 87. Beta 3: 482!
    Scheduling the first u/s for 6w. Taking a deep breath to relax, not stress, and feel as confident as possible.
    Recreating the happy, livable, stress free womb and hoping for the best!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine was out my 10. I never tested it out it's just the earliest Ive taken a test and gotten a negative 

• image carcrashheart:
    My dr's office told me to wait until 12dpo before testing unless I had tested out the trigger. I'd say it's a really tough call whether the + is accurate or trigger at this point. Sorry. 

I figured as much. I should have just left well enough alone. Haha. Now I'm obsessing. The nurse at the RE's office told me to wait until 10dpo. Like I said, I'm probably just psyching myself out.

image image
  • I think I am in the vast minority, but mine was tested out after 2-3 days max. I know b/c I tested it out! I just HAd to see a positive lol.. By day 3, I had start white tests.

In Christ alone my hope is found. He is my LIGHT, my STRENGTH, and my SONG!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

T-TTC since Dec 2008. PCOS/nonexistant cycles(anovulation). Failed Clomid/IUI cycles and 1 failed injectables cycle so far.  

• My first trigger was out by 10-11dpo, my second was still giving me ambiguous results at 16dpo, but AF came. I also still had a slight positive on CD10 of my next cycle, so I am not sure what was wrong.
    After 31 cycles and two losses, we've been blessed with a healthy baby girl!
    Congrats to both of my amazing TTC Buddies, tdmd09 and sb2006!!
    Life of Amberley
  • I thought it was supposed to be gone by 8 days.  I don't know.  I'd hold tight for a few days.  Fingers crossed.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimage AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• It can be up to 10 days usually. Mine metabolized a bit faster and was generally out by 6dpiui, but that's on the early side for sure. This is exactly why testing early is bad!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    The Freebie is due 12.8.14!