Cleaning & Organizing

Does anyone wash their walls?

I've got spring cleaning on my mind, and I've noticed that we've accumulated some dust on the walls in our home (especially in one room because of cat litter).

It made me wonder: Does anyone else actually wash or dust their walls?  If so, is there an efficient method to getting it done?  Some of our rooms have gloss paint, and some have flat, if that makes a difference....

Thanks! 

Re: Does anyone wash their walls?

• I've washed parts of the wall at times after DS has thrown food against the wall with just a cloth, touch of dishsoap and water and it was fine. When we had a party in Jan I was moving some tables around and noticed some dried on food that wouldn't come off. So I used magic eraser, which got it off, but I also noticed some paint on the eraser.  We rent, so I'm sure its cheap paint, but just  be careful if you use the eraser for stuck on stuff. 

I sometimes dust the top of the walls with the moulding, but thats it. I do wipe down the baseboards because they get super dusty (usually just with a wet cloth. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have a microfiber dust mop. Every now and then, I'll get it damp, then use it on the walls. The long handle of the mop allow me to reach the top of the walls and get any cobwebs from the ceiling.

"I wish I could have sparkly tits every single day of my life." --MUNI
  • I use a Magic Eraser on doors (my cat likes to rub up against them) and around light switches.To clean the actual light switch covers, I take them off and wash them with some dish soap.

"I wish I could have sparkly tits every single day of my life." --MUNI
  • I do it when I think about it.  I use the vacuum tool to suck up cobwebs and a wet sponge for door trim/walls.
  • i get a wet rag/towel and put a little soap on it. i wring it until there's almost no water on it and i wipe down my walls and wood trims... it really works for me.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I read in a magazine recently they recommended using a Swiffer dry cloth to wipe down walls. I will be trying this!
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • Just hot water dampened on a microfiber cloth and scrub away. We do our walls at least once a year for the whole house and spot clean the rest of the year as we see need.
    Photobucket
  • image VMRRN23:

I've washed parts of the wall at times after DS has thrown food against the wall with just a cloth, touch of dishsoap and water and it was fine. When we had a party in Jan I was moving some tables around and noticed some dried on food that wouldn't come off. So I used magic eraser, which got it off, but I also noticed some paint on the eraser.  We rent, so I'm sure its cheap paint, but just  be careful if you use the eraser for stuck on stuff. 

I sometimes dust the top of the walls with the moulding, but thats it. I do wipe down the baseboards because they get super dusty (usually just with a wet cloth. 

I used the magic eraser on painted walls too before and it took off some of the paint too. I don't recommend it on painted walls though. I usually clean some stuff with my sons baby wipes. We got alot of them.

• I have two dogs, so the bottom part of the walls get dirty.

I also have painted walls, and the Magic eraser did not WORK AT ALL. It actually smeared the dirt around.

I actually got advice on this board about using a regular cleaner and warm water.

Filled the bucket with water, and a little bit of Lysol Lemon scent cleaner and those walls looked/smelled so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1