July 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Weekly book post

I finally finished Twanged. It was good but many of the mysteries featuring this character are very similar. I started reading Carly's Story. It is written by a father of a child with autism.  It is Carly's story told by her dad. It is really good so far!!!

Re: Weekly book post

• I am reading the Sweet Potato Queen's: Fat is the new 30. It is very tongue in cheek and actually, reallllllly boring. I probably should have abandoned it100 pages ago.

image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I've got about 50 pages of Mockingjay left. I just downloaded a couple of free books to my Kindle as well as the Girl Who Licked the Hornets Nest. We are headed to Orlando on Sunday for a week so I'm hoping to knock out a bunch of reading. 

Side note...has anyone read Fifty Shades of Grey?? 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest

• I finished Gone (Mo Hayder) which is a British detective story about a guy who steals cars with girls still inside them.  Also read Ash (Malinda Lo) which is a Cinderella version with a LGBT character.  for class I finished The Forest of Hands and Teeth (Carrie Ryan) and started Ender's Game (Orson Scott Card). Really enjoyed the first one, Ender's Game I enjoyed the beginning but now it's dragging a little.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • image lburkey21:

I've got about 50 pages of Mockingjay left. I just downloaded a couple of free books to my Kindle as well as the Girl Who Licked the Hornets Nest. We are headed to Orlando on Sunday for a week so I'm hoping to knock out a bunch of reading. 

Side note...has anyone read Fifty Shades of Grey?? 

I know this is a typo...but it totally makes me giggle! :-)

I am still on Reading Lolita in Tehran.  I'm used to reading fiction, so this is taking me a while, but I still like it.  Just more academic than what I'm used to reading. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my read shelf:
    Jen's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Anniversary
  •  

I am still on Reading Lolita in Tehran.  I'm used to reading fiction, so this is taking me a while, but I still like it.  Just more academic than what I'm used to reading. 

I really enjoyed that book. It gave me a whole new perspective of being a woman in a very different country.

image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I finished "graceling". It was really good! I started and finished "hex ". It was ok. I started "new moon", the second twilight book s few days ago. There's no rhyme or reason to my reading right now, just whatever comes off hold at the library first lol.

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • Hex hall, I meant to write

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image