Relationships

a story about the time Lorne suggested we get a rat

Lorne was all, "I had a rat for awhile in college. He was cute," and I was all,

image,

and then he was all, "No, really, he was a good pet," and I was all,

image,

and then he said, "Maybe one day Will and Evie would like a rat," and I was all,

and he was all, "Pet rats aren't like gross sewer rats! They're clean," and I was all, 

and then he said, "Quit making that face!" And I was all,

image,

and so he said, "Fine. We won't get the kids a rat someday." And I was all,

The end.  

Re: a story about the time Lorne suggested we get a rat

• I'm officially dead and gone. Hopefully I'll get resurrected.

• Noisy story time makes me all

• I want a wallet-sized print of the 4th face.
  • This is sort of like a better version of the pain scale thing doctors use.  You should make one for Dr. Pants.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • image CaliopeSpidrman:
    This is sort of like a better version of the pain scale thing doctors use.  You should make one for Dr. Pants.

I think I need this for when I go into labor. 

Baby Boxer is coming! 5.23.12
    www.focushunting.com
  • Noisy, I find your stories delightful. I am pretty sure it would be a Me or The Rat decision if Jason ever suggested this.
    image Mabel the Loser.
  • :::whispers::: My brother had pet rats when we were kids. 
  • Pet rats ARE cute and not disgusting like sewer rats.  They are really friendly too. Our neighbors growing up had one named Cheesey and he was actually really rad.

*says the girl who got herself a teddy-bear hamster for her own 21st birthday*

Man, I'm really striking out on fitting in today on this board.  I'll go hug my pet rats and think about how adorable Peeta is in the corner.

• I had a couple pet rats when I was in junior high.  They were friendlier than my hamster, but I never really got all that attached.
  • My elementary school class had a pet rat named Oreo. Then Oreo died and we had a funeral out back for him/her (it was a gender neutral rat. That or I just can't remember if it was a girl or boy) and we got another pet rat named Oreo. We were original kids. Anyway, they were cute and all, but when I got to take care of Oreo(s) for the weekend, my mom would only allow him/her to live in the laundry room.
  • The art teacher at the school I attended for pre-K through 1st grade kept a rat named Justine in her classroom.
  • My 5th grade class had a pet chicken (this explains why hipsters love chickens....we were raised that way).  In retrospect, the chicken had a pretty crap life.  It had a cage roughly the same size as it was.  I took it home over Thanksgiving break and the smell was overwhelming.
  • image CaliopeSpidrman:
    My 5th grade class had a pet chicken (this explains why hipsters love chickens....we were raised that way).  In retrospect, the chicken had a pretty crap life.  It had a cage roughly the same size as it was.  I took it home over Thanksgiving break and the smell was overwhelming.

At first when I read the end I thought you'd cooked it and the smell was amazing. Then it dawned on me that you meant the smell of it's cage. Am I a terrible person for laughing at the thought of you eating the class Chicken? 

My Beans

• image L_Woods:

I'm officially dead and gone. Hopefully I'll get resurrected.

It is nearly Easter.

I'm fabulous.
  • I would like a pet skunk. Which I guess is essentially a rat in a fur coat. You can get them without the stink.

I think I want one just to scare people with. Not tell anyone we had one and then freak out when it waddled into the living room. That would bring me joy. 

But, Kevin gives me Noisy face #5 when I mention it. And I would rather not think of the repercussions if Linus or Charlotte got the idea that skunks were to be played with. 

For less then ten cents a day, you can feed a hungry child.
  • DEAD at Justine.

Such a fitting name or a fvvcking rat!

we all fall down sometimes
    brass and ballet flats
  • Gender neutral rat is my nursery theme plan.  

Noisy is the tits. 

• Flameworthy! I don't find hamsters or guinea pigs that different than rats, pet-wise. I'm pretty much a dog-only pet person.
    I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • image BobLoblaw:
    Flameworthy! I don't find hamsters or guinea pigs that different than rats, pet-wise. I'm pretty much a dog-only pet person.

Ditto, except replace dog with cat. 

• image FallinAgain:

image BobLoblaw:
    Flameworthy! I don't find hamsters or guinea pigs that different than rats, pet-wise. I'm pretty much a dog-only pet person.

Nothing is as bad as pet birds. ::shudder::

I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • image BobLoblaw:
    image FallinAgain:

image BobLoblaw:

Nothing is as bad as pet birds. ::shudder::

YES