International Nesties

Project Liven Up the Board: Part 1

Here are a few questions for anyone who feels like playing today. Answer any or all :-)

1. If you could get rid of one smell, what would it be?

2. If a fairy tale or fable could become reality and you had to play a role in it, which fairy tale would you choose?

3. If you could be a guest on any talk show, which one would you choose?

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP

BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d

BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

BFP Chart

Re: Project Liven Up the Board: Part 1

• 1. If you could get rid of one smell, what would it be? 

Poop.  Human, and animal.  This includes fart smells.   I've actually been blessed with a very weak sense of smell, so I don't think I'm bothered as much as other people.  But yeah, definitely poop. 

2. If a fairy tale or fable could become reality and you had to play a role in it, which fairy tale would you choose?

Top Gun. 

Anything on the Food Network.  I must watch too much "Food Network Star" or something, because every time I cook something, I narrate in my head what I would say if I was making a cooking show. 

DSC_9275
  • 1.) I hate the smell of coffee

2.) I think it would be cool to be Belle or Mulan. They seem pretty cool.

3.) Are there a lot of talk shows left? I would love to host a TV show on the Travel channel.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. Wet Dog.  I love her to death, but wet dog is just nasty.  and I live in the tropics, with a wet season.

2.  Hmm, Sleeping Beauty?  Just wake me up when it's all over?

3. I don't even know which talk shows are still on.

• 1. I was also debating between fart and vomit. Maybe we can just classify them as falling under the category of "bad odors emitted by the human body"?

2. In Disney's Aladdin, Jasmine was a beautiful princess with a pet tiger. I'll take her role. :-)

3. Maybe Oprah (doesn't say it has to be current). That would mean I had probably done something inspirational, which would be nice.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP

BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d

BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

BFP Chart

• 1. animal body emission odors (including humans)

2. Belle

3. Ellen

• 1. If you could get rid of one smell, what would it be? -- canned tuna fish; WORST SMELL EVER and why I avoid office kitchens like the plague.

2. If a fairy tale or fable could become reality and you had to play a role in it, which fairy tale would you choose? -- fable:  The Lion and the Mouse; fairy tale:  The Ugly Duckling

3. If you could be a guest on any talk show, which one would you choose? -- Adam Hills in Gordon Street Tonight; I want to meet Hannah Gadsby

I don't mind being held to a higher standard; I mind being held to a lower one. (Sam Seaborn, The West Wing)
    Anniversary
  • image Avion22:

Top Gun. 

Love it!  Top Gun is a fable, y'all!

1. Bodily fluids, I imagine.  They're always the worst.

2. Love Actually (hey, it counts).  Particularly the Prime Minister & Natalie, though I watch it every year at Christmas and always forget/remember several of the couples.

3. Graham Norton.  He's effing hilarious. 

• 1. Pollution. Especially the nasty smell of exhausts from big trucks and motorbikes. 

2. Love this question! Just now I'm in the process of learning the role of Cinderella from Rossini's La Cenerentola. I guess for the next couple of months or so she will be my fairy tale. Other than that I'd totally be Alice. And I totally want a Johnny Depp Mad Hatter :)

3. Jay Leno! but I'd take David Letterman too. A few years ago some opera stars got invited to the Late Show ... maybe there's still hope for me :)

• 1.  Porridge!!! Can not stand being in the same room as it.  Makes me want to create smells that others want to eliminate (ie throw up!).  I know poo/farts/vomit are nasty smells but they don't actually make me physically wretch....

2.  I'm going to go for an Irish fable... called Grainne Mhaol (litterally Bald Grainne) - she was a queen who shaved her head to be taken seriously by her kinsmen and then she led them into battle on the seas - she was a strong, independent leader and a good role model (apart from the odd bit of killing, but that was the time she lived in)

3.  +1 for Graham Norton! His guests always look like they have a ton of fun and they are mostly very cool!

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
  • 1. If you could get rid of one smell, what would it be?

Industrial saran wrap. If I get a box of leftovers from a restaurant wrapped in that saran wrap, I can't even be in the same car as it. Strange, I know. I have a really sensitive nose. I once identified a camera left in my car by smelling it and knowing to which friend it belonged. A camera.

Hmmm, my mom always called me the Princess and the Pea because I like to be piled up with pillows and blankets. Or maybe Belle with the "nose in a book" thing. 

I love Ellen and I think I would be relaxed around her. Other interviewers would make me nervous. 

Cape Town, South Africa Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. I don't like cigarette smoke.

2. Hmm... the fairy tale that is Prince William and Kate Middleton? :)

3. I was thinking Oprah. 

• image dorothyinAus:

1. If you could get rid of one smell, what would it be? -- canned tuna fish; WORST SMELL EVER and why I avoid office kitchens like the plague. How do you work in Australia because it is like the number one sandwich filler!

2. If a fairy tale or fable could become reality and you had to play a role in it, which fairy tale would you choose? -- fable:  The Lion and the Mouse; fairy tale:  The Ugly Duckling

3. If you could be a guest on any talk show, which one would you choose? -- Adam Hills in Gordon Street Tonight; I want to meet Hannah Gadsby- HAHA maybe we can go on together because I really want to meet Adam Hills (because I have had a crush on him forever). A women of the nest night?

• 1. If you could get rid of one smell, what would it be? --

Vomit- I am a sympathetic vomiter- the smell gets me everytime.

Little Red Riding Hood- so  I could kick some wolf butt

3. If you could be a guest on any talk show, which one would you choose? -- Adam Hills in Gordon Street Tonight or Ellen because they are both funny.

• Baby poo! Lol I love fairy tales so that's actually a hard one answer haha... I like where someone said Jasmine. She used to be my fave princess but I guess id go Rapunzel...from the new movie...of course having to watch it almost every day with my daughter may be influencing my opinion lol and I gotta love me some Flynn Ryder Ellen. I don't really know many others....and not to mention most others I do know are just drama filled it seems. Well that didn't get spaced like I meant for it to.
  • 1. If you could get rid of one smell, what would it be? I'll generalise & go for bodily fluids.

2. If a fairy tale or fable could become reality and you had to play a role in it, which fairy tale would you choose? That's a tough one. Maybe Snow White?

3. If you could be a guest on any talk show, which one would you choose? The Graham Norton show, if only to pull the leaver on the guest in the red chair...