Starting Over
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Thank you

For reaffirming why I love this board.  The main reason I signed up for this board is I wanted to get a woman's perspective on a lot of key issues I was dealing with.  The "guys with kids" posts have been very interesting reading for me.  So now I will be arrogant and toot my own horn:

I have a great job with good benefits.  I am in great physical shape.  I am not a troll (at least I dont think I am).  I have minimal debt (house and car payment). 

I dont have any addictions, criminal record, or beer gut.  I am not clingy, possessive, obsessive, a mama's boy, dog or player.

ALSO have four awesome children.  I know for a fact I am dismissed quite often on Match because of this.  I don't hide it...says right on my profile that I have four children.  I have always known that women would be intimidated or put off by the number of children I had.  Dating shouldnt be hard for a guy like me but it is.  After reading the varied responses on those 2 posts it has given me a better understanding of why. 

Kudos on helping a guy out!!!

Re: Thank you

• Curious as to how you ever found this board?

• image +Black Kitty+:

Curious as to how you ever found this board?

Exwife use to talk about it.

• image jm5855:
    image +Black Kitty+:

That's funny you asked this question, because I was just wondering the same thing. JM -- Do you think she knows you're on here?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image PrettyInPearls23:
    image jm5855:
    image +Black Kitty+:

That's funny you asked this question, because I was just wondering the same thing. JM -- Do you think she knows you're on here?

Doubt it.  She stopped coming on TN years ago.

• Well, you now know I would date you!  lol.
    The day I left was just my beginning.
  • image jm5855:

Now, I wish that I could get the guys perspective of dating women with children.

• image rakattack:
    Well, you now know I would date you!  lol.

Ha!  Big thumbs up to you Rak for giving that guy a chance.  Please let us know how it goes.

• image jm5855:

image rakattack:

Ha!  Big thumbs up to you Rak for giving that guy a chance.  Please let us know how it goes.

Now go give me flirting advice!  lol.

• image rakattack:
    image jm5855:

image rakattack:

Ahem, methinks this is FLIRTING!!! Wink

They see us rollin'...they be hatin'.
  • image rakattack:
    image jm5855:

image rakattack:

Cant really explain it any better than Dmarie's 2 replies on your post.  I would go wtih that....then if that method is a disaster you can come back on here and give her an ass chewing.

I would also throw in most guys love a woman with a great sense of humor and a positive attitude (without going overboard or appearing fake)

• I was hoping you would react to this post!

Now I want to know. Do you have more luck with women who already have 2+ kids vs. women who have 1 or no kid? Would you be willing to have more kids? 

• image jm5855:
    image rakattack:
    image jm5855:

image rakattack:

Cant really explain it any better than Dmarie's 2 replies on your post.  I would go wtih that....then if that method is a disaster you can come back on here and give her an ass chewing.

I would also throw in most guys love a woman with a great sense of humor and a positive attitude (without going overboard or appearing fake)

Thanks  Smile

• image LandOBiscuit:

I was hoping you would react to this post!

Now I want to know. Do you have more luck with women who already have 2+ kids vs. women who have 1 or no kid? Would you be willing to have more kids? 

Absolutely.  I actually dated a woman for a few weeks who had 5 kids!!  We never met each other's kids but we were constantly having to juggle stuff around to see each other...it was very draining.

I am not willing to have more kids,  when my youngest graduates highschool I will still be in my 40's.  For some reason I love the thought of that.  Besides I had a vasectomy 5 years ago.

• Dating is hard for all of us, JM.  For realz!

Anywho, I'm not 100% opposed to dating a guy with kids.  It's just very hard for me right now because of scheduling.  My DD is 17 months old, and she is with me all but 8 hours a week.  That leaves me very little free time, so dating a guy who also has rigid time constraints makes it even more difficult.  That being said, most guys who do have kids don't have them as much as I have my DD so they would have more free time than I do.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image turtle1120:

Dating is hard for all of us, JM.  For realz!

Anywho, I'm not 100% opposed to dating a guy with kids.  It's just very hard for me right now because of scheduling.  My DD is 17 months old, and she is with me all but 8 hours a week.  That leaves me very little free time, so dating a guy who also has rigid time constraints makes it even more difficult.  That being said, most guys who do have kids don't have them as much as I have my DD so they would have more free time than I do.

Same for me, I have my son pretty much 100% of the time during the school year so working around another person's schedule with kids too can be difficult. 

• image Heavenly+:
    image jm5855:

Now, I wish that I could get the guys perspective of dating women with children.

Shoot wish I could be more help, obv my opinion is biased in that I will likely always be dating women with children simply because I have four children.

• image jm5855:
    image LandOBiscuit:

I was hoping you would react to this post!

Absolutely.  I actually dated a woman for a few weeks who had 5 kids!!  We never met each other's kids but we were constantly having to juggle stuff around to see each other...it was very draining.

I am not willing to have more kids,  when my youngest graduates highschool I will still be in my 40's.  For some reason I love the thought of that.  Besides I had a vasectomy 5 years ago.

JM, just curious on your custody schedule. 

I can't help but wonder if a guy with every other weekend visitation has a different view on dating than one who has them more often, kwim?

• Don't worry JM- I'm sure you'll find someone you're compatible with soon.  You've got a lot going for you!

Photobucket