Starting Over

Thank you

For reaffirming why I love this board.  The main reason I signed up for this board is I wanted to get a woman's perspective on a lot of key issues I was dealing with.  The "guys with kids" posts have been very interesting reading for me.  So now I will be arrogant and toot my own horn:

I have a great job with good benefits.  I am in great physical shape.  I am not a troll (at least I dont think I am).  I have minimal debt (house and car payment). 

I dont have any addictions, criminal record, or beer gut.  I am not clingy, possessive, obsessive, a mama's boy, dog or player.

ALSO have four awesome children.  I know for a fact I am dismissed quite often on Match because of this.  I don't hide it...says right on my profile that I have four children.  I have always known that women would be intimidated or put off by the number of children I had.  Dating shouldnt be hard for a guy like me but it is.  After reading the varied responses on those 2 posts it has given me a better understanding of why. 

Kudos on helping a guy out!!!

Re: Thank you

• image +Black Kitty+:

Curious as to how you ever found this board?

Exwife use to talk about it.

• image jm5855:
    image +Black Kitty+:

That's funny you asked this question, because I was just wondering the same thing. JM -- Do you think she knows you're on here?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image PrettyInPearls23:
    image jm5855:
    image +Black Kitty+:

That's funny you asked this question, because I was just wondering the same thing. JM -- Do you think she knows you're on here?

Doubt it.  She stopped coming on TN years ago.

• Well, you now know I would date you!  lol.
    The day I left was just my beginning.
  • image jm5855:

Now, I wish that I could get the guys perspective of dating women with children.

• image rakattack:
    Well, you now know I would date you!  lol.

Ha!  Big thumbs up to you Rak for giving that guy a chance.  Please let us know how it goes.

• image jm5855:

image rakattack:

Ha!  Big thumbs up to you Rak for giving that guy a chance.  Please let us know how it goes.

Now go give me flirting advice!  lol.

• image rakattack:
    image jm5855:

image rakattack:

Ahem, methinks this is FLIRTING!!! Wink

They see us rollin'...they be hatin'.
  • image rakattack:
    image jm5855:

image rakattack:

Cant really explain it any better than Dmarie's 2 replies on your post.  I would go wtih that....then if that method is a disaster you can come back on here and give her an ass chewing.

I would also throw in most guys love a woman with a great sense of humor and a positive attitude (without going overboard or appearing fake)

• I was hoping you would react to this post!

Now I want to know. Do you have more luck with women who already have 2+ kids vs. women who have 1 or no kid? Would you be willing to have more kids? 

• image jm5855:
    image rakattack:
    image jm5855:

image rakattack:

Cant really explain it any better than Dmarie's 2 replies on your post.  I would go wtih that....then if that method is a disaster you can come back on here and give her an ass chewing.

I would also throw in most guys love a woman with a great sense of humor and a positive attitude (without going overboard or appearing fake)

Thanks  Smile

• image LandOBiscuit:

I was hoping you would react to this post!

Now I want to know. Do you have more luck with women who already have 2+ kids vs. women who have 1 or no kid? Would you be willing to have more kids? 

Absolutely.  I actually dated a woman for a few weeks who had 5 kids!!  We never met each other's kids but we were constantly having to juggle stuff around to see each other...it was very draining.

I am not willing to have more kids,  when my youngest graduates highschool I will still be in my 40's.  For some reason I love the thought of that.  Besides I had a vasectomy 5 years ago.

• Dating is hard for all of us, JM.  For realz!

Anywho, I'm not 100% opposed to dating a guy with kids.  It's just very hard for me right now because of scheduling.  My DD is 17 months old, and she is with me all but 8 hours a week.  That leaves me very little free time, so dating a guy who also has rigid time constraints makes it even more difficult.  That being said, most guys who do have kids don't have them as much as I have my DD so they would have more free time than I do.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image turtle1120:

Dating is hard for all of us, JM.  For realz!

Anywho, I'm not 100% opposed to dating a guy with kids.  It's just very hard for me right now because of scheduling.  My DD is 17 months old, and she is with me all but 8 hours a week.  That leaves me very little free time, so dating a guy who also has rigid time constraints makes it even more difficult.  That being said, most guys who do have kids don't have them as much as I have my DD so they would have more free time than I do.

Same for me, I have my son pretty much 100% of the time during the school year so working around another person's schedule with kids too can be difficult. 

• image Heavenly+:
    image jm5855:

Now, I wish that I could get the guys perspective of dating women with children.

Shoot wish I could be more help, obv my opinion is biased in that I will likely always be dating women with children simply because I have four children.

• image jm5855:
    image LandOBiscuit:

I was hoping you would react to this post!

Absolutely.  I actually dated a woman for a few weeks who had 5 kids!!  We never met each other's kids but we were constantly having to juggle stuff around to see each other...it was very draining.

I am not willing to have more kids,  when my youngest graduates highschool I will still be in my 40's.  For some reason I love the thought of that.  Besides I had a vasectomy 5 years ago.

JM, just curious on your custody schedule. 

I can't help but wonder if a guy with every other weekend visitation has a different view on dating than one who has them more often, kwim?

• Don't worry JM- I'm sure you'll find someone you're compatible with soon.  You've got a lot going for you!

Photobucket