Family Matters

Sigh

Well the past couples of days has been full of insanity and sadness, so I thought I'd get it off my chest to you all...So on Sunday(4/1/12) my fiance got into a car accident, wasn't hurt badly but boy was that an experience for me. It definitely made me realize just how much I love him, especially noticed it as I paced up and down the halls at 1 AM while he slept. He's home now, and he's got some bumps and bruises. As if that wasn't enough, I spent the next evening in a whole different kind of hospital...an Animal Hospital. And I'm so so sad to say that my dog for who I had for seven years had to be put down. He meant so much to me because me and my brother were given him by my father shortly before my daddy passed. I've taken all day today reflecting on memories, but it feels like that dog took so much of me when he left this Earth. Anyways...sorry for going off topic, needed to get things off my chest.

"A dog has no use for fancy cars or big homes or designer clothes. Status symbols mean nothing to him. A water-logged stick will do just fine. A dog judges others not by their color or creed or class but by who they are inside. A dog doesn't care if you are rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. Give him your heart and he will give you his."

I guess all I can tell you guys is to tell and/or hug those who mean the most to you, whether their your parents...significant other...kids...friends...family...even pets. Time runs out.

var fctb_tool=null; function FCTB_Init_eae657dd487a4e7eb57f7c09cdc16fd3(t) { fctb_tool=t; start(fctb_tool); } FCTB_Init_eae657dd487a4e7eb57f7c09cdc16fd3(document['FCTB_Init_3d84b1ab9131429d88cba65bafb0a65f']); delete document['FCTB_Init_3d84b1ab9131429d88cba65bafb0a65f']
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Sigh

• Sorry for your troubles.

I am glad your FI wasn't hurt badly; it could have been much worse.

And sorry about your dog. Animals are as much a part of our famiies as the humans in our family are.

My boy Elvis is snoring on the couch as we speak.:) He sends wet nosey kissies and tailwags in advance to the both of you.:) Take care.
  • Big hugs. I'm sorry for your loss. Unfortunately, when it rains, it usually pours.
  • I'm so sorry, 7 years feels too short but then again, time is always too short and I hate that we have to let go of animals...I hope your fiance is on the mend, and your heart too and that warm days are ahead
  • I am so sorry about your dog. It is heartbreaking. I lost my beloved shepherd of 14 years two years ago and I still think of him often and cry over his loss once in a while.

A dog is an important member of your family and in your case it sounds like your dog helped you feel connected to your father. I am very sorry you are going through this.

imageimage
  • Glad to hear your FI is O.K.

Sorry about your dog. We unexpectedly had to put down our family dog last summer and it still hurts. I thought about her on the train this morning and nearly cried. When I get sad, I try to remind myself that we gave her a great life (especially since she was a stray) and that it was fortunate that we were able to catch her problem when we did, which saved her from any suffering or pain.

Maybe you'd get some comfort making a donation of money or supplies to a local animal shelter. Or maybe you can adopt another pet if/when you're ready and give a homeless animal a nice loving home.

• You should also feel welcome to talk about your dog on Pets, several regulars lost dogs recently and it can be helpful and healing to commiserate.

I'm glad your FI is ok but am very sorry about your dog.  Losing a pet is not at all easy, it's the downside for being able to have them in our lives.

image "...Saving just one pet won't change the world...but, surely, the world will change for that one pet..."
  • Very sorry to hear of your loss.
  • I am so sorry for your loss. We lost our beloved dog almost one month ago. He was only 8 years old...passed away in his sleep. We were devastated and this has been DS's first experience with death.

So glad your FI is okay. Be kind to yourself. Enjoy planning your upcoming wedding.

You will honor your dog's memory by rescuing one when the time is right. That's what we plan to do.

Take care.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker