Decorating & Renovating
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Best place to buy blinds?

Where do you buy blinds?  Are those blinds to go places good?  Home Depot? 

Also, any recommendations?  I hate rushing decisions for the house, but blinds are sort of a must-have essential (at least in bathrooms & bedrooms). 

Re: Best place to buy blinds?

• I bought some ready-to-go (well, they cut them to size for you in store) blinds from Lowe's intitially, but they were terrible quality.  I replaced them with MUCH better quality blinds from Next Day Blinds (you indeed get them the next day).  They were slightly more expensive but well worth it.  I think the brand I have from Next Day Blinds are "Great Windows."  I installed them myself--very easy to do.

I know you can also order blinds from Lowes/Home Depot.  Whatever you do, I would avoid getting the ones available in store--go for something higher quality.

• I really like JCP's 2" faux wood blinds.
  • I think places like Blinds To Go are more expensive.  I ordered custom cordless cellular shades from Lowes when they were having a sale, and they're really nice.  I wanted cordless because of the kids.  I agree with the PP that the ones they cut for you in the store are junk.

I'm also thinking about ordering some solar shades for my kitchen from here: http://www.theshadestore.com/ ;

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our house has white 2" faux wood blinds from Home Depot.  They are the ones available there in the store and I really like them.  We've had them a few years, they've held up wonderfully.

• Ditto the JCP blinds. They look good, are a great price, and have held up very well in our house. We got them about 4 years ago and so far so good.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We have the white 2" faux wood Levolor blinds from Lowe's (they carry different brands). So far, they've held up pretty well. No complaints.
  • We just ordered our blinds from selectblinds.com last night.  They were having a sale, buy 3 get 1 free, PLUS 30% off and free shipping.  A Nestie on my local board suggested them.  
    [center] image [/center]

[center] Our 5 year anniversary trip to Peru. [/center]