Married Life

Would you do a vow renewal?

Nesties, we want your opinion![Poll]
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Would you do a vow renewal?

• God, it just seems so wasteful and attention whorish.  I'd throw a big anniversary party for a milestone, but vow renewals are pointless and silly.
    image image

• after 2 years, no.  after 20, why not. 

LOL, Jermys!! people bring gifts to an anniversary party too :) 

eta: sorry, dude.  why did i think you said something about vow renewals being a gift-grubbing type thing?  i must have had a stroke 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic www.inchingup.blogspot.com
  • Maybe after 25 years, but either a private thing or just with immediate family. 
    Anniversary
  • image Frkls:
    after 2 years, no.  after 20, why not. 

LOL, Jermys!! people bring gifts to an anniversary party too :) 

eta: sorry, dude.  why did i think you said something about vow renewals being a gift-grubbing type thing?  i must have had a stroke

That cracked me up...I was like "Whaaa?"

I'm totally falling asleep over here, so I thought I was missing something. 

image image

• If I did, it would just be with the two of us, on a beach or in the mountains somewhere. I wouldn't invite anyone else, or pretend that they would even be remotely interested in that. lol 

• I would, after like 20 or 50 years. Maybe.
  • If we make it through our current problems I would but it would just be he and I. I do want to have a kickass party for a bigger anniversary though. 
  • Vow-b-que!

Updated September 2012. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Only on our 25th or 50th wedding anniversary.

Anything else is a little ridic.

• srgwsrgw
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Love Its
    I am totally for it at 25 or 50 years, but H says no for the exact reason in the poll. Since it's not a big hairy deal for me (because H would do it if it were important to me), we won't do a vow renewal.
  • Yup. But it would be private- he and I and the minister. Maybe the kids. No one else.

• We basically had a JOP wedding. We just celebrated our 6th anniversary but are planning on having a blowout redo on our tenth.  Bridal party and everything.  Is that tacky?  Open bar afterward, obviously.
    Shot first, questions later.
  • My mom's friend got remarried 3 years ago.  Every year they have a wedding bash.  Complete with invites and save the dates.  I'm not even joking.  It's... special...
    TTC Babypants with low motility and low morphology since 6/2010.

Trials & Adventures in Baby Making

Stuck in counting limbo.

SAIF always welcome!!

Fortune from UnderwaterRhymes: A new outlook brightens your image and brings new friends.

imageimage

• We're doing one on our 1st anniversary. But that's because we eloped kind of spur of the moment and told our families after (our witness is some clerk from the city hall). Our families are insisting and paying for it, so I saw no good reason to say no to them. It's not like a full re-do, anyway, no bridal party or showers and crap. Just the ceremony then dinner and a whole lot of booze after. I think of it as our glorified anniversary party, ha.

Are you serious???
  • image margotmacomber:
    We basically had a JOP wedding. We just celebrated our 6th anniversary but are planning on having a blowout redo on our tenth.  Bridal party and everything.  Is that tacky?  Open bar afterward, obviously.

The. big white dress  with  bridesmaids flower girl groomsmen? Yeah pretty silly . 

SO SINGS MY SOUL *WHAM!* MY SAVIOR GOD TO THEE *WHAM!* HOW GREAT THOU ART *WHAM!* HOW GREAT THOU ART *WHAM!*
  • image margotmacomber:
    We basically had a JOP wedding. We just celebrated our 6th anniversary but are planning on having a blowout redo on our tenth.  Bridal party and everything.  Is that tacky?  Open bar afterward, obviously.

A little tacky, yes. I can see maybe doing that on your 1 yr. anniversary after a JOP wedding. Maybe. But 10 years later? No. 

Wut? Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We plan to renew in 2014 when we go to Greece for our 10year anniversary. Just us, the kids, and the minister.
    Always and Forever 9*18*04

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image Sue_sue:

image margotmacomber:

The. big white dress  with  bridesmaids flower girl groomsmen? Yeah pretty silly . 

If you say so, it must be true.  <---no sarcasm.  What about a big party with lots of booze?  And I still wear a dress?

• Big huge blowout anniversary party, with fancy clothes? Hell yes. I had one of those myself. It's the pretend wedding with bridesmaids etc that's insane, not the desire to celebrate a really big day on a big scale; and the tenth anniversary is a pretty big deal. And a great thing to celebrate.

lol and my idea of a huge party was 75 people at a sit down dinner with booze and all kinds of good food, everyone in black tie/formals, place cards etc.

SO SINGS MY SOUL *WHAM!* MY SAVIOR GOD TO THEE *WHAM!* HOW GREAT THOU ART *WHAM!* HOW GREAT THOU ART *WHAM!*
  • image Sue_sue:

Big huge blowout anniversary party, with fancy clothes? Hell yes. I had one of those myself. It's the pretend wedding with bridesmaids etc that's insane, not the desire to celebrate a really big day on a big scale; and the tenth anniversary is a pretty big deal. And a great thing to celebrate.

lol and my idea of a huge party was 75 people at a sit down dinner with booze and all kinds of good food, everyone in black tie/formals, place cards etc.

I can live with this.  LOL.  

• Yes. 

I renew my vowels every six months. Wouldn't want them to expire!! Otherwise I'd type like this: h my nm s vwl rmwl

• Absolutely!!! I think it serves many purposes. If you didn't like your original wedding it's a chance for a do-over. Even if you did like it, it's a chance to re-live your wedding day and bond with your spouse, friends and family. It's basically a wonderful time to celebrate your marriage in a very special way. 
    Mrs. Sumner
  • Me and my husband has had such a rough patch this past year and none of our family or friends was there to watch us get married. I really do believe if you love each other and want to renew your love after 1 2 every year then so be it. We are renewing ours March 23,2013 after one year of marriage