Relationships
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Racist Hunger Games fans

Dear Lord, this is just embarrassing

http://jezebel.com/5896408/racist-hunger-games-fans-dont-care-how-much-money-the-movie-made

Sorry if this has already been brought up in HG discussion somewhere.

"If you wanna win then you shoulda put a hat on it. Don't be mad when you see a knit cap won it. If you wanna win then you shoulda put a hat on it."- Fenton

Re: Racist Hunger Games fans

• I know! It makes me so angry and so sad all at the same time.

"If you wanna win then you shoulda put a hat on it. Don't be mad when you see a knit cap won it. If you wanna win then you shoulda put a hat on it."- Fenton

• That's horrible!  I loved the casting for Rue and Cinna.  Rue in the movie looked pretty much how I pictured her in my head (um, because it basically said she was black in the book).  People freaking suck.

DSC_0182
    71 workouts completed in 2012
  • I think we talked about this a little bit when they first announced the cast. I'm oblivious, but I had no idea Rue was black when I first read the books.  I think it's because Katniss is constantly comparing her to Prim, so in my head she was Prim with dark hair.

That being said, I wasn't filled with rage when I saw who they cast for her role.  I just questioned my own reading comprehension. 

Baby Boxer is coming! 5.23.12
    www.focushunting.com
  • People are so stupid.
  • image notamrs:
    People are so stupid.

Ditto. 

• I read quickly and sometimes skip entire sentences, sometimes I notice and go back, sometimes I don't and miss something important. I somehow missed the sentence where it says that Rue is dark skinned, so I did picture her more like Prim. However, these people are just mean. Racism I will never understand.
  • image missaileen:
    I read quickly and sometimes skip entire sentences, sometimes I notice and go back, sometimes I don't and miss something important. I somehow missed the sentence where it says that Rue is dark skinned, so I did picture her more like Prim. However, these people are just mean. Racism I will never understand.
    This is exactly how I read, so when I saw the movie I was like, "What...? Why is she black?" But it didn't bother me. I just moved on and enjoyed the movie. And clearly I was wrong anyway.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker