Relationships

Racist Hunger Games fans

Dear Lord, this is just embarrassing

http://jezebel.com/5896408/racist-hunger-games-fans-dont-care-how-much-money-the-movie-made

Sorry if this has already been brought up in HG discussion somewhere.

"If you wanna win then you shoulda put a hat on it. Don't be mad when you see a knit cap won it. If you wanna win then you shoulda put a hat on it."- Fenton

Re: Racist Hunger Games fans

• I know! It makes me so angry and so sad all at the same time.

"If you wanna win then you shoulda put a hat on it. Don't be mad when you see a knit cap won it. If you wanna win then you shoulda put a hat on it."- Fenton

• That's horrible!  I loved the casting for Rue and Cinna.  Rue in the movie looked pretty much how I pictured her in my head (um, because it basically said she was black in the book).  People freaking suck.

DSC_0182
    71 workouts completed in 2012
  • I think we talked about this a little bit when they first announced the cast. I'm oblivious, but I had no idea Rue was black when I first read the books.  I think it's because Katniss is constantly comparing her to Prim, so in my head she was Prim with dark hair.

That being said, I wasn't filled with rage when I saw who they cast for her role.  I just questioned my own reading comprehension. 

Baby Boxer is coming! 5.23.12
    www.focushunting.com
  • image notamrs:
    People are so stupid.

Ditto. 

• I read quickly and sometimes skip entire sentences, sometimes I notice and go back, sometimes I don't and miss something important. I somehow missed the sentence where it says that Rue is dark skinned, so I did picture her more like Prim. However, these people are just mean. Racism I will never understand.
  • image missaileen:
    I read quickly and sometimes skip entire sentences, sometimes I notice and go back, sometimes I don't and miss something important. I somehow missed the sentence where it says that Rue is dark skinned, so I did picture her more like Prim. However, these people are just mean. Racism I will never understand.
    This is exactly how I read, so when I saw the movie I was like, "What...? Why is she black?" But it didn't bother me. I just moved on and enjoyed the movie. And clearly I was wrong anyway.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker