Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

What would you do?

I woke up at 6am to feed the dogs, and as I was bending down to put their food cup back into the bin, it felt like I had horrible heartburn and then like I lost control of all of my muscles. I was on my knees on the ground, and honestly, I can't tell you if my arms and legs were moving, or if they were just spazing inside, but I couldn't move. I got myself back to sitting, sweating profusely, but was so dizzy and lightheaded I saw intricate lights when i opened my eyes. I don't know how long I sat there, but I ended up lying on the ground for a bit and at some point made it back to bed. 

I live alone and my cell phone wasn't near me, so there was no one to call. I woke up again at 8:30 and felt totally fine. Urgent care wasn't open today, so my only doctor option was the ER, which, honestly, felt excessive at that point. 

I generally have low blood pressure and get really lightheaded and dizzy when I stand too quickly, so I wasn't sure if that could be behind what happened, like the bending down and up threw my equilibrium off.  

What would you do? Would you just call the doctor in the morning? Or just go to the doctor in the morning? It's just so weird how it happened and then i was fine. And this is one of the things that worry me about living alone. 

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/ab19id.jpg[/IMG]

Re: What would you do?

• Call the doctor first thing in the morning and describe what happened. They ought to be able to tell you what to do.

In fact, does your doctor have an on-call help number? Or your insurance company? Mine has a nurse line that I can call to get advice during off hours if necessary. 

• image Rock_Lobster:

Call the doctor first thing in the morning and describe what happened. They ought to be able to tell you what to do.

In fact, does your doctor have an on-call help number? Or your insurance company? Mine has a nurse line that I can call to get advice during off hours if necessary. 

Yep, this exactly. My insurance has a 24 hour nurse hotline. I've called them when I got really, really sick out of town just for reassurance. Is there another Urgent Care that might be open? 

• I called the nurse hotline and she said she has no idea what happened, and that since I don't currently have symptoms, she would still recommend another urgent care (which is almost an hour away) and cannot guarantee I can be seen tonight (they close in an hour in a half). Or go to the doctor first thing tomorrow morning. 
    [IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/ab19id.jpg[/IMG]