Fashion & Beauty

Fashion noob

Hi, y'all! I have been lurking for a couple of weeks- gathering hints and plotting my fashion "come back". I had a baby- my body did some changin', to say the least and I've basically lived in yoga pants and tee shirts for the last year. I'm so sad when I get dressed:( I need my mojo back, so I've been checking out styles I like and think I am going to focus on accessories- so I have some questions for you guys!

1. Belts. If you wear them over a top and cardign, say, is the cardigan open or closed? Can it have buttons if you wear it like that?

2. Leggings. What's the consensus? Inappropriate for a 30 year old? Good as long as I have my goodies covered? 

So, before I had my baby, I was this cute young thang wearing a size 0 and let's just be polite and say I'm no longer a size 0, so needless to say, I'm looking for a whole wardrobe overhaul! I'm sure I will be back with more questions! Thanks! 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Fashion noob

• 1. You can do either. I think it's fine with buttons....well maybe not huge buttons. 

2. Yes appropriate, but make sure it covers your bum.  

• I am 31 and am far from a 0 and will never ever be one. Leggings to me are a go. I weat them under dresses or long tops with boots or flats. I pretty much only own black ones though and one sparkly pink pair...I'm a dancer ok.

Belted cardigans on the other hand to me look odd. I can't pull them off at all so I have no advice when it comes to those.

Photobucket
  • I'd say accessories is a good way to start!

As far as belting is concerned, I think you gotta go with what looks best on you. I think I've seen all of the variations you mentioned work on someone.

I'm 28 and still wear leggings. My mama is 57 and still wears leggings. I think at 30 you're safe, but I'm definitely in the LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS camp...so keep your goodies covered for sure ;-).

Here's some belting inspiration for ya:

• Ditto bimbi, especially all of the awesome pictures.

I've been nagging one of my coworkers for the last year and a half to put some effort into her wardrobe and she never cared.  Then she got promoted to a new department and started putting really nice outfits together every day.  She now raves to me about how much better she feels, and how great it feels to get noticed for looking so put together.  So hopefully you'll feel better as well :)

Pinterest is an awesome place to start...we have a F&B Outfit Inspiration board that I look at almost daily to get some new ideas.

Holiday Card 2011
    The Baloney Bug, A Blog
  • Thanks for the pics! Belts and patterns seem to be the things I need to focus on! I thought maybe scarves, but it's so springy already!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers