Money Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

My H got rearended. Baby on board signs

My H got rear ended...the other persons fault.  She got out and tried to talk my H into not reporting, but he declined her offer.  She drove away. 

He was shocked at being rear ended because we have a baby on board sign in the car. Does it make you drive differently when you se that? 

Re: My H got rearended. Baby on board signs

• No. It was an accident. Not sure how having a baby on board sign is going to prevent someone from making a mistake. Sidenote: I haven't seen one of those in years.
  • Ha. I always assumed those signs were more of an AW than a caution. Kind of like a "My child is an honor student at..." bumper stickers.
  • Those signs have never made me drive any different.  Did your H get her license plate number or anything.  With a sign or not, accidents will happen.

CRAFTY ME 

my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Honestly, no. I'm not driving with an aim to hit anyone to begin with--a sign on your window isn't going to change my driving style.

Does your DH thik this women was targeting him or something?

• Well I don't go around purposefully trying to find cars to rear end so I don't know how a baby on board sticker is going to impact me at all. I try to drive cautiously all the time despite if you have precious in the car. I would assume most people do this.

• No, I don't drive differently if I see a baby on board sign.  Most people I see who have those signs in their car either 1) don't have a baby or carseat (even base) in the car or 2) are the ones driving recklessly.

ETA- and accidents happen.  It's not like I aim to rear end someone.

imageimage
    It's a dog's life!
  • I roll my eyes at people with those signs.  People drive crazy and don't pay attention, it doesn't matter what you have on your rear window.
  • image eddy:

Well I don't go around purposefully trying to find cars to rear end so I don't know how a baby on board sticker is going to impact me at all. I try to drive cautiously all the time despite if you have precious in the car. I would assume most people do this.

This is what I said. He insists he doesnt tailgate as close when the sign is present.

He got her plate.   

• So he thinks she would have purposely rear ended someone and the sign would prevent that? Whaaaaaat?

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Don't drive, but it wouldn't. And it doesn't for my husband. I figure if having a stroller doesn't cause people to stop at a crosswalk, then having a sign is really not going to affect drivers.
  • I rear ended my husband all the time when we had a baby on board. And vice versa.
  • Doesn't change my driving. I find them obnoxious.
    **formerly guaca*molly!**
  • lol. He probably shouldn't tailgate regardless of the presence of a sign?
  • image hannamarin:
    image eddy:

Well I don't go around purposefully trying to find cars to rear end so I don't know how a baby on board sticker is going to impact me at all. I try to drive cautiously all the time despite if you have precious in the car. I would assume most people do this.

This is what I said. He insists he doesnt tailgate as close when the sign is present.

He got her plate.   

Umm, he shouldn't be tailgating at all, whether they have a stupid sign or not.

• image eddy:

This!  LOL 

• image LillyMD:
    I rear ended my husband all the time when we had a baby on board. And vice versa.

Crying 

• No.  I try to avoid hitting anyone, baby or not. 
  • photo courtesy of STFU Parents! FB page:

maybe you just need a bigger sign?

Meet Beyonce Jr.

Call me Kat =^..^= Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• image LillyMD:
    I rear ended my husband all the time when we had a baby on board. And vice versa.
    I love you, LilyMD.

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • image hannamarin:
    He was shocked at being rear ended because we have a baby on board sign in the car. Does it make you drive differently when you se that? 

Huh?  That seems like a really dumb thing to be shocked by.  If baby on board signs actually prevented people from getting rear-ended then all cars would come equipped with them as standard equipment. 

They make me roll my eyes, but they don't make me drive any differently.

• LOL @ the sign preventing an accident. No, those signs have no impact on my driving.

I'm glad your DH was able to get her plate.
    DD1 - Abigail Grace - 01.12.10
    DD2 - Madison Noelle - 08.05.11
    DD3 - Isabella Kathleen - EDD 06.10.14
  • I would practically have to rear-end you to see what the Baby on Board sign said.

Also, now I have the Simpsons song stuck in my head.

two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Unless the person was planning to hit you on purpose for some crazy reason, I fail to see how a sign would stop them. Seriously?
    m/c 4/4/11 @11w6d Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image barefoot barista:
    No. It was an accident. Not sure how having a baby on board sign is going to prevent someone from making a mistake. Sidenote: I haven't seen one of those in years.

Exactly, it's not like she tried to hit him.

• If they were purposefully looking for someone to rear end I think having a sign might make you a bigger target.  They might hit you just so they can  then steal your baby.

So, that might be a stretch, but I think your DH's assumption is also a major stretch.

A baby octopus is about the size of a flea at birth. The loop on a belt that holds the loose end is called a 'keeper'.
  • no effect on my driving.
    image Anniversary
  • image LillyMD:

POST OF THE WEEK.

Little Bridey Twist, begging for a bowl of Chobani. Just like in the orphanages of yore.
  • I find them obnoxious. Especially when the driver drives like an a hole. 
    BFP#1 2/18/2011, EDD 10/18/2011, natural m/c 2/28/2011 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#2 5/28/2011, EDD 2/1/2012, chemical pg
    BFP#3 10/22/2011, EDD 6/30/2012, natural m/c 11/3/2011 @ 6 weeks
    BFP#4 4/16/2012, EDD 12/24/2012, Beta #1 23 @ 10dpo, Beta #2 68 @ 12dpo, Beta #3 370 @ 16dpo, Saw baby and heartbeat on 5/11/2012.

It's a boy!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • yes, I will not follow as closely as I normally might.
  • lol, it's not like people are flooring it trying to hit other cars and then suddenly slam on their bakes when they spot a baby on board sign. So, no, it doesn't impact my driving. Your H is silly for thinking so.