Money Matters

My H got rearended. Baby on board signs

My H got rear ended...the other persons fault.  She got out and tried to talk my H into not reporting, but he declined her offer.  She drove away. 

He was shocked at being rear ended because we have a baby on board sign in the car. Does it make you drive differently when you se that? 

Re: My H got rearended. Baby on board signs

• No. It was an accident. Not sure how having a baby on board sign is going to prevent someone from making a mistake. Sidenote: I haven't seen one of those in years.
  • Ha. I always assumed those signs were more of an AW than a caution. Kind of like a "My child is an honor student at..." bumper stickers.
  • Those signs have never made me drive any different.  Did your H get her license plate number or anything.  With a sign or not, accidents will happen.

CRAFTY ME 

my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Honestly, no. I'm not driving with an aim to hit anyone to begin with--a sign on your window isn't going to change my driving style.

Does your DH thik this women was targeting him or something?

• Well I don't go around purposefully trying to find cars to rear end so I don't know how a baby on board sticker is going to impact me at all. I try to drive cautiously all the time despite if you have precious in the car. I would assume most people do this.

• No, I don't drive differently if I see a baby on board sign.  Most people I see who have those signs in their car either 1) don't have a baby or carseat (even base) in the car or 2) are the ones driving recklessly.

ETA- and accidents happen.  It's not like I aim to rear end someone.

imageimage
    It's a dog's life!
  • I roll my eyes at people with those signs.  People drive crazy and don't pay attention, it doesn't matter what you have on your rear window.
  • image eddy:

Well I don't go around purposefully trying to find cars to rear end so I don't know how a baby on board sticker is going to impact me at all. I try to drive cautiously all the time despite if you have precious in the car. I would assume most people do this.

This is what I said. He insists he doesnt tailgate as close when the sign is present.

He got her plate.   

• So he thinks she would have purposely rear ended someone and the sign would prevent that? Whaaaaaat?

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Don't drive, but it wouldn't. And it doesn't for my husband. I figure if having a stroller doesn't cause people to stop at a crosswalk, then having a sign is really not going to affect drivers.
  • I rear ended my husband all the time when we had a baby on board. And vice versa.
  • Doesn't change my driving. I find them obnoxious.
    **formerly guaca*molly!**
  • lol. He probably shouldn't tailgate regardless of the presence of a sign?
  • image hannamarin:
    image eddy:

Well I don't go around purposefully trying to find cars to rear end so I don't know how a baby on board sticker is going to impact me at all. I try to drive cautiously all the time despite if you have precious in the car. I would assume most people do this.

This is what I said. He insists he doesnt tailgate as close when the sign is present.

He got her plate.   

Umm, he shouldn't be tailgating at all, whether they have a stupid sign or not.

• image eddy:

This!  LOL 

• image LillyMD:
    I rear ended my husband all the time when we had a baby on board. And vice versa.

Crying 

• No.  I try to avoid hitting anyone, baby or not. 
  • photo courtesy of STFU Parents! FB page:

maybe you just need a bigger sign?

Meet Beyonce Jr.

Call me Kat =^..^= Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• image LillyMD:
    I rear ended my husband all the time when we had a baby on board. And vice versa.
    I love you, LilyMD.

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • image hannamarin:
    He was shocked at being rear ended because we have a baby on board sign in the car. Does it make you drive differently when you se that? 

Huh?  That seems like a really dumb thing to be shocked by.  If baby on board signs actually prevented people from getting rear-ended then all cars would come equipped with them as standard equipment. 

They make me roll my eyes, but they don't make me drive any differently.

• LOL @ the sign preventing an accident. No, those signs have no impact on my driving.

I'm glad your DH was able to get her plate.
    DD1 - Abigail Grace - 01.12.10
    DD2 - Madison Noelle - 08.05.11
    DD3 - Isabella Kathleen - EDD 06.10.14
  • I would practically have to rear-end you to see what the Baby on Board sign said.

Also, now I have the Simpsons song stuck in my head.

two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Unless the person was planning to hit you on purpose for some crazy reason, I fail to see how a sign would stop them. Seriously?
    m/c 4/4/11 @11w6d Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image barefoot barista:
    No. It was an accident. Not sure how having a baby on board sign is going to prevent someone from making a mistake. Sidenote: I haven't seen one of those in years.

Exactly, it's not like she tried to hit him.

• If they were purposefully looking for someone to rear end I think having a sign might make you a bigger target.  They might hit you just so they can  then steal your baby.

So, that might be a stretch, but I think your DH's assumption is also a major stretch.

A baby octopus is about the size of a flea at birth. The loop on a belt that holds the loose end is called a 'keeper'.
  • no effect on my driving.
    image Anniversary
  • image LillyMD:

POST OF THE WEEK.

Little Bridey Twist, begging for a bowl of Chobani. Just like in the orphanages of yore.
  • I find them obnoxious. Especially when the driver drives like an a hole. 
    BFP#1 2/18/2011, EDD 10/18/2011, natural m/c 2/28/2011 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#2 5/28/2011, EDD 2/1/2012, chemical pg
    BFP#3 10/22/2011, EDD 6/30/2012, natural m/c 11/3/2011 @ 6 weeks
    BFP#4 4/16/2012, EDD 12/24/2012, Beta #1 23 @ 10dpo, Beta #2 68 @ 12dpo, Beta #3 370 @ 16dpo, Saw baby and heartbeat on 5/11/2012.

It's a boy!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • yes, I will not follow as closely as I normally might.
  • lol, it's not like people are flooring it trying to hit other cars and then suddenly slam on their bakes when they spot a baby on board sign. So, no, it doesn't impact my driving. Your H is silly for thinking so.