Travel
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Travel Insurance

Can someone please recommend a good travel insurance company that we can get our money back for any reason.  Our friends are having a honeymoon celebration during hurricane season and I want to buy insurance for our trip.  TIA...

P.S. - I know its a weird situation to be going on someone's honeymoon.   

Re: Travel Insurance

• We always use Travel Guard.  Last year, we had to cancel a trip due to a death in the family as we were boarding the plane.  TG was amazing to work with; very helpful and quick with refunding our money.
    Vacation

Vacation
  • Insuremytrip.com and squaremouth.com will let you compare coverages.

We normally end up with TravelEx they do primary med coverage in some odd places, however I believe our most recent policy was through CSA due to a pre existing conition rider. 

Cancer sucks.
  • I've always purchased Travel Guard but, thankfully, never had to use it.  

• insuremytrip.com is excellent. i've used them for years.

and just fyi: it's trip insurance (as you're insuring the trip-not travel)  :)

Friday, December 28 2012. The day I had emergency appendix surgery in Mexico and quit smoking. Proof that everything has a good side!! DH and I are happily child-free!! No due date or toddler tickers here!! my read shelf:
    Alison's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
  • Go to www.insuremytrip.com & compare.  What may be great for some may not be great for you.  Read the fine print -- not all will allow you to cancel just b/c a hurricanne is coming.