Travel

Travel Insurance

Can someone please recommend a good travel insurance company that we can get our money back for any reason.  Our friends are having a honeymoon celebration during hurricane season and I want to buy insurance for our trip.  TIA...

P.S. - I know its a weird situation to be going on someone's honeymoon.   

Re: Travel Insurance

• We always use Travel Guard.  Last year, we had to cancel a trip due to a death in the family as we were boarding the plane.  TG was amazing to work with; very helpful and quick with refunding our money.
    Vacation

Vacation
  • Insuremytrip.com and squaremouth.com will let you compare coverages.

We normally end up with TravelEx they do primary med coverage in some odd places, however I believe our most recent policy was through CSA due to a pre existing conition rider. 

Cancer sucks.
  • I've always purchased Travel Guard but, thankfully, never had to use it.  

• insuremytrip.com is excellent. i've used them for years.

and just fyi: it's trip insurance (as you're insuring the trip-not travel)  :)

Friday, December 28 2012. The day I had emergency appendix surgery in Mexico and quit smoking. Proof that everything has a good side!! DH and I are happily child-free!! No due date or toddler tickers here!! my read shelf:
    Alison's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
  • Go to www.insuremytrip.com & compare.  What may be great for some may not be great for you.  Read the fine print -- not all will allow you to cancel just b/c a hurricanne is coming.