Fashion & Beauty

Streaky Polish

I have a bottle of OPI's Pinking of You that is runny and is very streaky needing at least 4 coats to look somewhat decent. Is there a way to fix the polish?

Re: Streaky Polish

• i just googled that color, and i'm pretty sure runny/streaky is just how that shade is gonna be.
  • Not to my knowledge, I try to "fix" streaky/runny polish with my application.  It's not easy!
  • Not that I know of - I find streaky polish to be very annoying. I usually try to read reviews and swatches of colors before I buy to make sure I don't end up with streaky or clumpy polish.
  • ugh. i was so hoping someone had a good recommendation for this - it drives me insane when i buy a polish that ends up streaky.

i've had a little success in adding some nail polish thinner to some streaky Essie polishes. i just bought a few CNDs and both are streaky - haven't tried the polish thinner on those yet. slow application seems to help.

seems like this happens to me most often with sheers. anyone have any good application tips for sheers?

• image moreace01:

ugh. i was so hoping someone had a good recommendation for this - it drives me insane when i buy a polish that ends up streaky.

i've had a little success in adding some nail polish thinner to some streaky Essie polishes. i just bought a few CNDs and both are streaky - haven't tried the polish thinner on those yet. slow application seems to help.

seems like this happens to me most often with sheers. anyone have any good application tips for sheers?

I only wear sheers so I understand your issue.

1- always use a base coat

2- load the brush full, apply no more than 3 strokes to cover the nail

3-do NOT over stroke/over apply.  the more strokes, the more streaks. 

4-allow time for the polish to self-level 

Good luck! 

• image GildedIcon:
    image moreace01:

ugh. i was so hoping someone had a good recommendation for this - it drives me insane when i buy a polish that ends up streaky.

I only wear sheers so I understand your issue.

1- always use a base coat

2- load the brush full, apply no more than 3 strokes to cover the nail

3-do NOT over stroke/over apply.  the more strokes, the more streaks. 

4-allow time for the polish to self-level 

Good luck! 

Thanks! I think steps 3 and (especially) 4 are where I fail. I'm impatient. :) I end up going over and over and making it worse.