Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

What is your preferred medium for reading?

2»

Re: What is your preferred medium for reading?

• <3 My Nook! I love that I can borrow the books from the library for free and I don't have to worry about returning them (or what homeless person used it as a pillow for how long) and I don't like to hold those big heavy books anymore. So much easier with a Nook!

• Definitely my Kindle.  And like a bunch of other people mentioned, I never thought I'd say this!  Having a Kindle actually makes me read so much more. 
    my read shelf:
    Dana's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I prefer Paperbacks...i find them easier to handle (less bulky), i can just throw them in my purse or stuff where ever i need :-)

my read shelf:Jess (Shepherdjel)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • image RevJen:
    I don't honestly care.  I will read Kindle, hardcover, paperback, listen to audiobook.  Whatever ... I'm not fussy and will use whatever I can to feed my reading addiction.

This pretty much exactly. There are some titles that I'd rather have on the kindle- like a bunch of my YA and chick lit- that I like but don't necessarily want taking up space on my bookshelf. I'm finding that since I've gotten my kindle and have really been using the library more I'm letting myself be more choosey about what books I actually buy. Now when I but it's mostly hardcover because it feels special, or somehow more indulgent to have the hardcover. Plus they look great on the bookshelves.

Brie's Blog 10.11.08  The Top Shelf Bookshelf

my read shelf: Brianna's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• image RevJen:
    I don't honestly care.  I will read Kindle, hardcover, paperback, listen to audiobook.  Whatever ... I'm not fussy and will use whatever I can to feed my reading addiction.

As with most things, I totally agree with Rev on this one.

• I prefer to own hardcovers, but they are my least favorite to actually read simply because I do a lot of reading in bed and they are heavy and cumbersome.  I'm most comfortable reading a mass market paperback or on my Kindle.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I prefer hardcovers best, but I don't mind paperbacks or my kindle.  I don't do audio books.  Not sure why, just not the same as actually holding a book and reading.
    Jessica, Married to Brian 12/27/03, Mom to Alex 6/27/94, Devin 10/29/04, and Emily 1/15/07
  • hardcovers and large paperbacks for home. i use my kindle for travel.
    Friday, December 28 2012. The day I had emergency appendix surgery in Mexico and quit smoking. Proof that everything has a good side!! DH and I are happily child-free!! No due date or toddler tickers here!! my read shelf:
    Alison's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
  • Nook Touch first, library hardcover with a Kapco'd dust jacket second (there is something so right about how they feel), mass market paperback, trade paperback, other hardcover, audiobook, Nook iPad app, computer. In that order. Wink

Unless the book is gigantic. Then I prefer to read it any way but hardcover for portability reasons.

• I prefer real books, be they hardcover or paperback.  I think paperbacks have the slight edge, but I'm not super picky about them.

I have a kindle and pretty much only use it for free books.  While I think it will be amazing to have the next time I go away and I enjoy how light it is, there is really nothing better than a paper book.  I was reading a book on my kindle a few weeks ago and wanted to bang my head against the wall.  You know those times when something happens in a book and you want to double check something that happened earlier.  Well, with a real book you can feel for the area where what you're looking for is.  With a kindle oouf.  Not nearly as quick and easy

my read shelf:
    Nicole Hendrickson's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Kindle but I like trade paperbacks just as much.  Really though I'll take any type of book or cd the library will give me.

CRAFTY ME 

my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• I do not discriminate! I will read whatever, whenever Wink
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • I really like hard covers, but don't mind paperbacks. I have a new Nook that I am getting used to. I really love it, but still prefer the real thing.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers    

my read shelf:
    Lisa (Ali1b1g+1)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Kindle...my new favorite method, then trade paper back. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Hardcover and Trade Paperbacks. I only like MM paperbacks if the books aren't too thick. 

I have not jumped aboard the e-reader train quite yet but I do find myself waffling further and further in that direction. 

• I Prefer audiobooks then paperbacks. I don't have an ereader, but don't like reading on the apps on my phone either. 

my read shelf:
    Jennifer *th!nks3xy*'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Kindle. It's really nice for when I'm reading in bed...which is where I read 90% of the time.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books