Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

you suck, B&N

So I pre-ordered Pandemonium a while back and all day today I've been anxious to get home and start reading it on the nook.

Well, the stupid thing will not finish downloading. At first it just kept saying Pre-Order so I restarted the nook and it came up and said it was downloading. I've restarted it now two more times and it's been about 30 minutes and the little green download bar will not budge. It downloaded about 1/3 of it and seems to be stuck. I am so frustrated!

Brittany (brittk0486)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: you suck, B&N

• :-( suuucky. Hope it fixes itself soon. 
  • That's so annoying :-(. Can you try downloading on another device? I have issues like that sometimes when I try to download a new book to my actual device, but it usually works on the Nook app on my iPad -- and once I have it in one place, it works everywhere. Can you try an app on a tablet or smartphone? Or even on the computer -- I think there's a way to read Nook books on a regular computer. Good luck :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Apparently the doll needed a time out... image
  • See if you can get it on your computer with the Nook Application.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP 2/17/12 EDD 10/24/12 MM/C 3/22/12 D&C 3/27, 4/4, 4/9
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Oh no! Hopefully downloading on something else first works for you. I got it from FLOP today and am about halfway through. Very hard to get stuff accomplished today when all I want to do is sit here and read it!

• Someone posted this on goodreads:

Just wanted to share (and vent) what Barnes & Noble is doing to my efforts to get Pandemonium:

"We want to give you an update about the pre-ordered item(s) listed below. Unfortunately, we just got word that the release date for this item(s) has been changed. We expect to ship the item(s) soon and will email you when it is ready to leave our warehouse. If we cannot acquire the item(s) within 30 days, we will notify you by email." -What the heck?

I wonder if that has anything to do with it? 

my read shelf:
    B's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)