Entertainment

Congrats misoangry and swank

I could just cry.  There were two categories where I didn't change them at the last minute----one in particular cost me. :-( :-(

I should've known Hugo would get Visual Effects over Rise of Planet of Apes, no matter what the odds were.  (There were Plummer/Spencer type odds for Rise to win that one.)

ETA

1st  misoangry  59
1st  Swank's picks  59
3rd  JulieFe's picks  57
4th  Mellie38's picks  56
5th  kimandross's picks 

edited again:  Seriously, how can a person lose by one point one year and two points the next?  Sigh. Sigh.

Romney-Portman 2012 ORGAN DONOR: DEAL WITH IT. :-) :-)

Re: Congrats misoangry and swank

• Congrats ladies! It was fun. I was in 12th place but I am thrilled because DH and I did a pool also and I beat him. Smile

SN: I am so happy about The Artist! 

• Thanks.

You take this very seriously.

• I started throwing myself into reading and making the predictions especially this year because around the time the awards season started we went through a horrendous failed adoption not of our own choice.

Sorry if it seems weird.  But I really did care. You know how people all have interests that may seem strange to others.

I hope it wasn't a dig that I take this seriously because I wasn't the one who watched screeners of every nominated film.  eta: Not trying to be snotty.  I just couldn't tell how the prior comment was meant.

• Honestly, I have no idea what you're saying at this point.

I'm sorry you're upset.

Better luck next year.

• image misoangry:

Honestly, I have no idea what you're saying at this point.

I'm sorry you're upset.

Better luck next year.

If you read your "you take this seriously" statement, it could be construed as serious or snarky. Now that I know that you meant it straight, it's fine..

• Um... wow.

And that was meant to be snarky. I have strange hobbies & all, but the fact that you're so upset over losing a poll predicting the Oscar wins is odd. Unless of course you had mad cash riding on the whole thing.