Baltimore Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]not.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Concert Poll

A stolen poll to help move this board along!

• What was the first concert you went to?
  • What's the best concert you've been to?
  • What's the worst concert you've been to?
  • What concert are you going to next?
  • What deceased artist/band would you love to see?
  • What living artist/band would you love to see?

Re: Concert Poll

• What was the first concert you went to? Elton John What's the best concert you've been to? Elton John, Toby Keith is second What's the worst concert you've been to? Foxy Brown and NAS who opened up for R Kelly (no judging..lol)--it was just so hard to hear them What concert are you going to next? The Milkshake Band and then The Fresh Beat Band What deceased artist/band would you love to see? Whitney What living artist/band would you love to see? Eminem
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    • What was the first concert you went to? Starship circa 1986 or so
    • What's the best concert you've been to? Prince
    • What's the worst concert you've been to? probably Richard Marx, lol
    • What concert are you going to next? No clue
    • What deceased artist/band would you love to see? Would have loved to have seen Janis Joplin or Zeppelin back in their heyday (not that they are dead), Alice in Chains with their original lead singer
    • What living artist/band would you love to see? I would love to see Fleetwood Mac, Sade, or Tom Petty
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    • What was the first concert you went to? New Kids On The Block
    • What's the best concert you've been to? Poison
    • What's the worst concert you've been to? any concert I didn't have a good view at.
    • What concert are you going to next? Shinedown at Rams Head
    • What deceased artist/band would you love to see? Michael Jackson
    • What living artist/band would you love to see? Britney or Madonna
  • What was the first concert you went to? Eve 6 and that band that sang Freak of the Week What's the best concert you've been to? any by DMB What's the worst concert you've been to? Jimmy Buffet What concert are you going to next? none in the near future What deceased artist/band would you love to see? They aren't all deceased, but I would love to see ALL the Beatles What living artist/band would you love to see?  U2
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image gracie2762:

• What was the first concert you went to?Oasis
    • What's the best concert you've been to? Benefit concert for 9-11 at RFK f
    • What's the worst concert you've been to? Mmmhhhhh. Madonna was awful. Keith urban was horrendous.
    • What concert are you going to next? None planned.
    • What deceased artist/band would you love to see? Maybe the Beattles in their day. Or frank Sinatra.
    • What living artist/band would you love to see? Adele.
    • What was the first concert you went to? Boys to Men

• What's the best concert you've been to? One of the many HFStivals

• What's the worst concert you've been to? Whitey Ford. His opening band was this great local band that I started following, but

• What concert are you going to next? Kenny Chesney

• What deceased artist/band would you love to see? Not that they are dead, but Led Zeppelin

• What living artist/band would you love to see? I can't think of any. I used to go to at least 30 concerts a year when I was younger.  I love live shows!
    Visit The Nest!
  • What was the first concert you went to? *whispers* Billy Ray Cyrus

What's the best concert you've been to? I honestly can't pick one. Every time I go to a Gaelic Storm concert, I leave exhausted from dancing, and with my face hurting from all the smiling.

What's the worst concert you've been to? Erm, probably Bush when I was a teenager, mostly because I went by myself.

What concert are you going to next? I'm going to see Phil Vassar and Gaelic Storm within a few days of each other next month.

What deceased artist/band would you love to see? My inner teenager would have loved to see Nirvana live. My adult-self would have loved to see Frank Sinatra, preferably with the Rat Pack.

What living artist/band would you love to see? From a "damn, I bet they put on a good show" point of view, I'd love to see Madonna, Janet Jackson, Lady Gaga. From a "I just love their music" point of view, I'd love to see Adele, Michael Buble. But I only want to see any of them if I get kick-ass seats. I'm a total concert snob now.

ed + dani 10.31.08 | miranda 04.10.07 | liam 09.06.12
    [IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/2jezlp3.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/2rx75vm.jpg[/IMG]
    • What was the first concert you went to? Roxette with my friend and my Dad chaperoning
    • What's the best concert you've been to? Probably Stevie Nicks, Beck and Cyndi Lauper
    • What's the worst concert you've been to? Wu Tang Clan and Rage Against the Machine - One of our friends made us super late so we missed Wu Tang and only got there in time for Rage who I didn't even like in the first place.
    • What concert are you going to next? Red Hot Chili Peppers - I am so excited. I have always wanted to see them. Our seats really suck though so I have no clue if we'll even be able to see them.
    • What deceased artist/band would you love to see? Elvis, Nirvana, Johnny Cash, The Doors and Janis Joplin.
    • What living artist/band would you love to see? Lady Gaga
    • What was the first concert you went to? Alanis Morisette
    • What's the best concert you've been to? Aerosmith was pretty freaking awesome especially because our original seats ended up behind a spot light so they moved us waaaaay up front!! But I also saw DMB a bunch of times and they're always awesome. And Sarah McL - love her.
    • What's the worst concert you've been to? Lifehouse at Rams Head. I had been to the same concert the year before and it was awesome, but this time my friend got wasted and sick and he ruined the whole night.
    • What concert are you going to next? I have not been to a concert since the aforementioned Lifehouse one which was 5 or 6 years ago. No current plans for another concert.
    • What deceased artist/band would you love to see? The Beatles
    • What living artist/band would you love to see? I'd love to see someone awesome in a small setting. Like Adele.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w -- BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w -- BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d -- BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    BabyFruit Ticker

Decorate This
  • What was the first concert you went to? I was little, but the first concert I chose to go to myself was Bush in the 90s.
    What's the best concert you've been to? Paul McCartney! But David Bowie is a close second.
    What's the worst concert you've been to? Motley Crue. DH got free tickets so we went. Never again.
    What concert are you going to next? Nothing planned, but I'd love to see Paul again. I heard Beck was playing soon too. I'd like to see him.
    What deceased artist/band would you love to see? The Beatles
    What living artist/band would you love to see? Lily Allen, Beck, andmaybeKatyPerry Embarrassed
    BabyFruit Ticker
    • What was the first concert you went to?  Smashing Pumpkins....w/my parents!
    • What's the best concert you've been to?  Tie between Rascal Flatts, because I had the opportunity meet them backstage AND tour their opening act (Joe Nickols) tour bus or pretty much any Tim McGraw concert I've been to because I love him.
    • What's the worst concert you've been to?  WHFStival back in the day.  Not my music scene, just went to appease other friends and hang with the cool kids.
    • What concert are you going to next?  Kenny Chesney/Tim McGraw in August.
    • What deceased artist/band would you love to see?  Whitney Houston!  Loved her.
    • What living artist/band would you love to see?  Miranda Lambert, Carrie Underwood, Lady Antebellum or Rhianna.
    image *Amber & Chuck - October 25, 2008* Anniversary
    • What was the first concert you went to? 1997 HFStival
    • What's the best concert you've been to? TIE Paul McCartney OR Billy Joel
    • What's the worst concert you've been to? Coldplay. omg boring. I dont like them to begin with, but my ex bought the tickets for us.
    • What concert are you going to next? no plans as of right now. :(
    • What deceased artist/band would you love to see? The Beatles
    • What living artist/band would you love to see? good question.... I've been to a LOT of concerts....so I would say as of right now I'm pretty satisfied!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    • What was the first concert you went to? Wallflowers in the 90's
    • What's the best concert you've been to? Areosmith/Kenny Chesney
    • What's the worst concert you've been to? Steve Miller Band
    • What concert are you going to next? No concerts planned.
    • What deceased artist/band would you love to see? Whitney Houston
    • What living artist/band would you love to see? Tim McGraw or Lady Gaga
    image, image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    • What was the first concert you went to? Aerosmith
    • What's the best concert you've been to? DMB at the Gorge
    • What's the worst concert you've been to? DMB at Nationals Stadium 3 years ago-  only because it was SO HOT- I think the low was 95 degrees that night
    • What concert are you going to next? DMB (are we seeing a pattern yet) in June, Kenny Chesney and Tim McGraw in August
    • What deceased artist/band would you love to see? idk
    • What living artist/band would you love to see? I've seen pretty much everyone I want to see.  Brad Paisley is coming soon and I'd love to be able to see him again.
  • First=Kiss

Best=Kiss

Worst=Motley Crue, I saw someone else say that too, it started out good, then they took an intermission and basically the rest of the show was Tommy Lee acting like an a-hole

Next=M3 Rock Festival with a bunch of 80's bands

Deceased=The Beatles, so I guess I should see Paul

My bucket list of people to see while they are still around = Green Day, Rod Stewart, Eagles

• image LoveLossHopeRepeat:

What's the worst concert you've been to? Erm, probably Bush when I was a teenager, mostly because I went by myself.

I went to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers by myself once. I wanted to go so bad and no one would go with me, so I went alone. :)

Visit The Nest!
  • image gracie2762:

• What was the first concert you went to? I believe it was NKOTB in 1990!
    • What's the best concert you've been to? Actually it was probably Seether and 3 Doors Down when I went to visit my friend at Washington College.  It was a small venue but both bands were great.
    • What's the worst concert you've been to? I dunno.  Maybe one of the HFStivals because of the crowds?
    • What concert are you going to next? Slash and Myles Kennedy.  I cannot wait!
    • What deceased artist/band would you love to see?  Beatles and Blind Melon (Shannon Hoon)
    • What living artist/band would you love to see? I would love love love to see the original Guns and Roses.  A girl can dream...  And out of sheer randomness, I once saw something on TV that had Ann and Nancy Wilson from Heart and Alice in Chains singing songs together.  They did a version of "Rooster" that I've been trying to find for years and can't!

• What was the first concert you went to? Lilith Fair in 97 was my first outdoor concert. First indoor concert was The Offspring

• What's the best concert you've been to? I honestly can't choose. I've loved them all from BNL, Green Day, Smashmouth, Sugarcult, Ben Folds, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, New Found Glory, Bosstones. 

• What's the worst concert you've been to? Tibetian Freedom Concert because it was crowded(they let people come back from the day before b/c a girl got hit by lightning), smelled a lot like pot all the time, and I don't care for REM. It was still fun. Also, the HFSmas ball because Coldplay used to bore me but I got to see James Brown and NFG so it evened out :) 

• What concert are you going to next? Probably Imagination Movers in May. My kid loves them and so do I :)

• What deceased artist/band would you love to see? Hands down, The Beatles. I would go with my dad who is such a huge fan and taught me so much.

• What living artist/band would you love to see? I want the Bosstones to tour again!! Like summerbride, I used to go to a ton of concerts a year. I would love to see Panic at the Disco(hey, their lead singer has the same name as my son :)) and Steve Martin. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers