Thursday randoms?

Re: Thursday randoms?

• You have the honors today, JGE!
  • Woot woot!

How are you doing today, girlfriend?

• image JaredsgirlErin:

Woot woot!

How are you doing today, girlfriend?

Actually, I just received an email that made me very happy.  I big project that I was working on just had a great result.  Big Smile

• We just got awful news on our friend/neighbor/Andy's coworker.  He's been fighting cancer for the past 2 years and things have been going downhill for the past few months, but last weekend was really bad.  Then he was admitted to the hospital yesterday and is no longer responding to voices.  His family is saying their goodbyes.  My heart is so broken for them.  He has 3 sons all under the age of 7.  Ugh.  Ugh.  Ugh.

• image MrsJuliD:

We just got awful news on our friend/neighbor/Andy's coworker.  He's been fighting cancer for the past 2 years and things have been going downhill for the past few months, but last weekend was really bad.  Then he was admitted to the hospital yesterday and is no longer responding to voices.  His family is saying their goodbyes.  My heart is so broken for them.  He has 3 sons all under the age of 7.  Ugh.  Ugh.  Ugh.

That is awful. I am so sorry. My heart goes out to his family, especially his boys. Just so sad. 

• Oh, Juli, that's awful.  Cancer is so unfair. 
  • Kasa that's great

Juli that is so sad.

School conference were last night but since Ryan and I were both feeling icky I just email each teacher individually for an update. It is a mixture of good and awful. Right now SS is only failing 3 classes. English, Math and History. All 3 teacher basically said he could be passing right now up just isn't doing the work too. Things are incomplete and he refuses to ask for help. On the bright side is is passing his 4 other classes and his Metal's teacher has some nice things to say about him. 

Holy sunshine batman. I think I'll open the curtains today  

• Morning,

Yay Kasa!

Juli I'm so sorry to hear that. So sad.

Deeder I hope you and R feel better soon. I'm glad your SS teacher had good things to say and hope he can pick up his grades in his other classes. Does he know what he wants to do career wise?

Hey JGE. What's up lady?

Well I have a phone chat scheduled with the director of Hello WM next Wed. I hope we can figure something out. I don't necessarily want to work before taking the bar but I don't want to wait too long either. Both of the positions I was eyeing at GVSU are gone now. I didn't realize how comfortable I was working in education until now. I think I would LOVE to be on the legal team for a school district or university. Both of my parents were educators. I guess it's just in me.

Anniversary
  • image MrsJuliD:

We just got awful news on our friend/neighbor/Andy's coworker.  He's been fighting cancer for the past 2 years and things have been going downhill for the past few months, but last weekend was really bad.  Then he was admitted to the hospital yesterday and is no longer responding to voices.  His family is saying their goodbyes.  My heart is so broken for them.  He has 3 sons all under the age of 7.  Ugh.  Ugh.  Ugh.

Oh my God, that is so awful.  Thoughts and prayers sent to you and Andy and your friend's family.  Horrible.  :(

• image Kasa:
    Oh, Juli, that's awful.  Cancer is so unfair. 

It really is.  Just plan unfair.  I effing hate it.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers for them. 

• I ended up backing into my neighbors car this morning and it only damaged the tail light. I know that for a fact. But I have a feeling she may come back with there is more damage. I will fight it. Ugh. Not a good morning.
  • Confession:

I got a smart phone.

The phone makes me feel stupid.  I have no idea how to use and I'm totally overwhelmed by it.  I feel like a grandma.

And it makes me kind of crabby.

• Juli, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. Many prayers for everyone involved.
    *****Can you see me in 3D???????***** image. Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Man we are not very talkative today are we. I'm continuing my tea drinking today Jasmine White Tea right now and a apple scone. DH is in the "cave" opening a laptop that seems to have had a run in with soda. The logic board is soaked. :(

I'm about to watch "Everything Must Go" with Will Farrell. 

Part of me wants manwhich for lunch. I think I'm making chicken Cordon Blue tonight.  

Meijer Cherry Throat Drops are yummy.

I got a water bottle from the library as part of their winter book club. It's blue.  

• image Kasa:

Confession:

I got a smart phone.

The phone makes me feel stupid.  I have no idea how to use and I'm totally overwhelmed by it.  I feel like a grandma.

I know how you feel.  My friend gave me his old phone, an old Droid, back in the Fall.  I still never use it because I don't understand it and the thing is dying on me now (wouldn't make or take phone calls last night,  half the screen is dead, etc.).  I'm tempted to just go back to my awesomely old flip phone that worked like a charm but Andy has been pushing for me to get an iPhone forever.  We shall see.

• image Kasa:

Confession:

I got a smart phone.

I'll come sit next to you on the "grandma" bench. I've had mine for a couple of months. B and I got them for the video chat capabilities. Every time I look at his phone, there is something new and cool on it. Mine doesn't have much. He puts me to shame. He even got his to talk. I want mine to too! But of course that's the one thing he can't figure out. He's accidentally cool I guess.

Which one do you have?

Anniversary
  • Okay, I'm glad I'm not the only one. 

BnG, I got the HTC MyTouch 4G slide.

• Juli, that news is crushing.  I'm so, so sorry.
    Willa 4.6.06 and Henry 10.18.08 Camp Sinki
  • think we'll get all that snow they're talking about?
  • image WendyGR:
    think we'll get all that snow they're talking about?

**Shakes fist**

I can't decide if this is just alarmism or what.  I also feel like the way my week has been going, it would completely be my luck.

I'm trying to decide if it's better to go home tonight and miss class tomorrow.  The class I'd be missing is my least "important" one to attend (it's pass/fail).  I might make a nestie poll.

• Kasa, when I'm 60 and my flip phone is obsolete (what?  I'm being optimistic), you'll have to give me lessons.

I'm taping an interview this evening w/ 2 of my program participants.  I'm concerned about questions about the organization I'm contracted with.  I don't know a whole lot about it, and I don't have to for my program.  I'm reading up on key points.  To make it a little awkward the interviewer is on the board of the organization.

Willa 4.6.06 and Henry 10.18.08 Camp Sinki
  • image Diana Prince:

image WendyGR:
    think we'll get all that snow they're talking about?

**Shakes fist**

I can't decide if this is just alarmism or what.  I also feel like the way my week has been going, it would completely be my luck.

I'm trying to decide if it's better to go home tonight and miss class tomorrow.  The class I'd be missing is my least "important" one to attend (it's pass/fail).  I might make a nestie poll.

Ok I'll give you my answer and the "good law student answer"

My answer: DP I'd be on the road now! The class is pass fail. You won't fail for missing a class. Get home tonight and get some extra cuddle/relaxing/wine/sleep time in. I'm hoping for a snow day tomorrow my doggine self! It's supossed to get pretty bad.

"Good law student answer": You could wait it out and see. It's supposed to stop midday tomorrow. By then the roads SHOULD be fairly safe and you don't want to miss any valuable info. But safety first!

<whispers> Choose my answer!

Anniversary
  • image BnGCookies820:

Ok I'll give you my answer and the "good law student answer"

My answer: DP I'd be on the road now! The class is pass fail. You won't fail for missing a class. Get home tonight and get some extra cuddle/relaxing/wine/sleep time in. I'm hoping for a snow day tomorrow my doggine self! It's supossed to get pretty bad.

"Good law student answer": You could wait it out and see. It's supposed to stop midday tomorrow. By then the roads SHOULD be fairly safe and you don't want to miss any valuable info. But safety first!

<whispers> Choose my answer!

I feel like I have a compromise.  I'll definitely attend my afternoon class today and I have a mandatory conference with my legal writing prof (whose class I would potentially be missing tomorrow) at 4 that I will attend as well.  I'm considering asking her how bad it would be to miss class tomorrow.  I haven't missed a single class this year, so it feels like a huge deal.

L is also convinced that roads will be worse this evening than tomorrow afternoon and thinks it's better for me to stay, but looking at the hourly forecast, it looks like GR is changing from rain to snow right around when I'd be passing through, so I think I would miss the bulk of the badness.

• I think leaving after your class this afternoon is a good solution, especially if you can beat the bad stuff.

Juli- :-(. Those poor kids

Anniversary
  • image BnGCookies820:

I think leaving after your class this afternoon is a good solution, especially if you can beat the bad stuff.

But if you leave after your 4:00 meeting, would you then be stuck in Detroit's rush hour traffic?

• image MrsJuliD:
    And now he has passed.  Ugh.

Sorry, Juli.

• image Kasa:
    image BnGCookies820:

I think leaving after your class this afternoon is a good solution, especially if you can beat the bad stuff.

But if you leave after your 4:00 meeting, would you then be stuck in Detroit's rush hour traffic?

That is an excellent point that I didn't fully consider.  However, I won't get the very worst of it.  I have three interchanges that would probably be hairy, but once I'm past the 275/96 interchange, I'd be fine.  

• image Diana Prince:
    image Kasa:
    image BnGCookies820:

That is an excellent point that I didn't fully consider.  However, I won't get the very worst of it.  I have three interchanges that would probably be hairy, but once I'm past the 275/96 interchange, I'd be fine.  

I would keep an eye on the reports as you get closer. Wood TV said one model said the snow would arrive by 6 pm and the other said midnight.  I would be a little leery of leaving tonight if you think you can get home before 8 or 9 pm.

• Juli, my heart breaks for that family. I can't even imagine.