Starting Over

MintCC! Skincare

Ok now I can talk about it because it's been a month. My skin had been crazy lately due to stress and now it's CLEAR.

I've been using Gly-Sal 2 Percent-2 Percent Acne Medicated Cleanser.

It think the glycolic acid is what is really working here. 

http://www.dermstore.com/product_Gly-Sal+2+Percent-2+Percent+Acne+Medicated+Cleanser_33183.htm

I should get my periods in a couple days and I just had 1 single cyst so far on my chin that I killed with the honey and aspirin mixture in less than 24h.

Re: MintCC! Skincare

• Thanks for posting this.  My face is a nightmare.  I'm goign to buy that today.  Also, the honey and asprin I tried but didn't know how much of each and how long to keep it on for.  It didn't help me :(

Laughing at the Men I Date
    Hindsight Is Pretty Funny
  • 1st time I did 1 pill and just a little bit of honey (1 drop?) I let it sit for 30 mins.
  • Ok I over did it on the honey then.  Thanks.

Also, can I use that cleanser with the Clarisonic?  It's an exfoliant right? 

ETA: I just bought it.  For the price I couldn't resist and I got free shipping! Thanks Land!

Laughing at the Men I Date
    Hindsight Is Pretty Funny
  • image MintChocoChip:

Ok I over did it on the honey then.  Thanks.

Also, can I use that cleanser with the Clarisonic?  It's an exfoliant right? 

ETA: I just bought it.  For the price I couldn't resist and I got free shipping! Thanks Land!

'

Yes you can use it with the Clarisonic. I use it with mine. It's a liquid gel that has no color. It is exactly the texture of Method hand soap. The glycolic acid is the exfoliator. It will actually dissolve dead skin and unclog pores that way. The 1st time I used it I had a tingling feeling.  Glycolic acid is also known as AHA. My derm prescribed an AHA cream (not RX) when I was a teenager.

http://www.bestacnetreatments.org/aha.html 

I like this gel because is removes dead skin genty and combines salicylic acid to fight acne. It's the 1st time in months that I haven't had cysts on my chin.  

• Okay LoB, have to ask: does this stuff do the dreaded "purging" phase that a lot of acne meds do?

Because it sounds wonderful, but my skin is doing okay now (after 7+ months back on birth control); all I'm really worried about at this point are the stupid PIH spots from old breakouts...well, that and the mini breakouts I get when I'm an idiot and sleep in my makeup. 

"You don't get to be all puke-face about your kid shooting your undead baby daddy when all you had to do was KEEP HIM IN THE FLUCKING HOUSE, LORI!" - doctorwho
  • I didn't have any purge. The only thing different with this cleanser is the glycolic acid and it doesn't do anything re:zits. It just prevents dead skin from clogging your pores and creating zits. It's a soft chemical peel.