Health & Fitness

Can someone recommend a colon cleanse that can be bought

at GNC or Whole Foods/Market?  I prefer pills versus powder...

Thanks.

Re: Can someone recommend a colon cleanse that can be bought

• How about fruits and veggies at your local grocery store?
  • Colon cleanses can be harmful.  Not worth it.

Up your fiber intake if you're that concerned.

two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Your colon, despite what the snake oil salesmen would have you believe, does not need to be "cleansed."

If you feel the need to get things moving, eat a box of prunes.  Full of antioxidants and guaranteed to clean ou your colon! 

• Thanks..glad I asked here first...
  • Water and lots of fiberish foods. 

Today colon cleanse...yesterday diet pills...what is it this week? Fast Fix on H&F Week

• My insurance company even pays for my colon cleanse,

and then they even pay to have pictures taken (colonoscopy)

• image clea:

My insurance company even pays for my colon cleanse,

and then they even pay to have pictures taken (colonoscopy)

Yes

• Kashi Go Lean for breakfast and sprinkled in yogurt for snacks; full of fiber, protein, and tasty.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DH works in a microbiology lab. I can hook you up with something that will clean you out real well for half the price of the GNC stuff. PM me.

J/K - keep away from the cleanses. Fruit and veggies are your BFFs Smile

• image kayt111:

DH works in a microbiology lab. I can hook you up with something that will clean you out real well for half the price of the GNC stuff. PM me.

I was going to suggest food poisoning, but your way might be easier!!

• I had to use Fleet (over the counter) for my colonoscopy.. I don't know why you would want to do that to yourself. That's spending two days on the toilet.

Like everyone said, it's not necessary and you can make changes to your diet if you really wanted to.

• And water! Drink lots of water :)
  • Pregnancy seems to be a pretty good cleanse for me.  Mind you, 1st and 2nd tri were the opposite, but all that pressure from a growing baby is doing that job pretty well.

HTH!

We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Smooth Move Tea at Whole Foods and Three Ballerinas Tea at Asian grocery stores are herbal laxative teas. Have a cup at night and you'll be sure to have some movement the next day!  They definitely aren't strong enough to prep you for a colonoscopy, though.
  • I buy psyllium whole husks - shake it with some lightly flavored water and chug it.  I don't have problems "going' but I do use it as a health benefit.  And taking it daily does not result in any stomach issues (grumbling, bloat, running to the bathroom).  If your body is used to fiber, it is happy.  I've tried stuff like fiber pills and those do nothing for me.  You can also drink coconut water for added fiber.  But I highly recommend the psyllium husk if you don't mind the taste/consistency.  It is super cheap too.