Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

RnR Pasadena Recap- and AW

Overall, I think the race was really well organized for an inaugural race. And you couldn't ask for better weather. Clear and cool, but warm in the sun. 

My biggest problem was with getting into the Rose Bowl itself, because the roads got super backed up. I live 3 miles from the stadium and it took me an hour to park. But once you were inside, there was plenty of parking available. They did not follow through with their timelines for closing the streets, so I was really surprised that the race started right on time.

The course was pretty hilly, starting at about 1.5 miles, but I didn't have a problem with it until mile 9.5, climbing up "suicide bridge" for that last turn around. My time was great until that point, and I just got exhausted and had trouble breathing (I have asthma), so I walked for a minute, and the final loop around the Rose Bowl seemed SO long! 

But lots of really good bands, lots of water AND gatorade stations and pretty good crowd support, especially for the last couple of miles. But what was with the one, old guy playing acoustic guitar on stage at mile 6?

I enjoyed the finish line "festival," including the reflective blankets and the concert by Sugar Ray. They were pretty fun and sounded good. And I loved that we could just lay out on the grass and stretch and listed to music for a while. Because of the Rose Bowl set up, they could have had more vendors/ food stands/ etc at the end.

I was planning to run with someone from my running group, but due to a last minute change, I was alone and I'll admit, it psyched me out a bit towards the end, so I fell off my pace. But even then, I got a new PR by 5 minutes- 2:14 :) 

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/ab19id.jpg[/IMG]

Re: RnR Pasadena Recap- and AW

• Great job! Sounds like fun!
  • Congrats on the PR!

*I agree the Rose Bowl portion seemed so long.

*We ended up parking at Parsons to avoid the potential parking  crowds at the start.  

*LOL, I thought the old guy was random too. 

• Congratulations on the PR!! Sounds like you dealt with the unplanned changes pretty well, Great job. Yes
    2012 Races:
    Frozen 5K 2.4.12 - 23:10 (7:28 pace) PR
    Earth Day 1/2 Marathon 4.21.12 - 1:54:38 (8:45 pace) PR
    More to come...

Follow my blog @

[img]http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww167/thom2022/BlogPic-1.jpg?t=1301676652 [/img]

Dairy Farm. Run. Smile.

I'm part of TEAM REFUEL with Chocolate Milk!
  • Great job!! and those hill's were killer for me! lol. But still a great 1/2! I will say that last few miles, I ended up in the sun and I was really wishing I had not added an extra top layer! But I was so cold in the morning....
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Good Job!  Maybe I should throw that race on the radar-I would expect LA area to have better bands than when I did the RnR in Denver....now that was a random group of musicians....
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Planned Races 2012 Colorado Marathon (10k) May 6 Bolder Boulder (10k) May 28 Sierras race (5k) June 2 HITS Ft. Collins (sprint) July 28 Tri for the cure (sprint) August 18 Boulder Sunset (Olympic) Sept 1
  • image PrincessPeach05:
    Good Job!  Maybe I should throw that race on the radar-I would expect LA area to have better bands than when I did the RnR in Denver....now that was a random group of musicians....

I was really impressed with all of the bands. They were upbeat, fun, and pretty good. I felt like they were better than the RnR LA bands as well. 

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/ab19id.jpg[/IMG]