April 2010 Weddings

Midwest GTG

So after we all voted on the GTG a month or so ago, nothing ever happened with it.

According to the date poll and the city poll, looks like we should be planing for a GTG in September in Chicago.

[Poll]
~Melissa~
Shmel's Blog

Re: Midwest GTG

• I voted SS bcuz I gotta play it by ear.  My cuzz is getting married in September in PA but we don't know the date yet.  And of course it all depends on whether or not I'm still employed!!

• I don't have anything planned that far out yet, so I am game for anytime! I will block off my whole September if needed Big Smile Party!!! Whoohoo can't wait!!
    Anniversary
    April 2010 Siggy Challenge: Next Vacation Destination
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • This makes me happy.  That it is in Chicago and my birthday is that month!

Also, if anyone is afraid of cost of hotels, we would be more then happy to have guests over that weekend!  I live about an hours train ride from the city and would pick anyone up at the airport! :) 

• I just spoke to DH about this, and if we can swing it we might both fly out with the baby. The only weekend I can't do is the 15th/16th since that's Rosh Hashanah. I picked the 22nd since the Cubs are at home that weekend and I've always wanted to go to Wrigley :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image TotallyLoCo:
    I picked the 22nd since the Cubs are at home that weekend and I've always wanted to go to Wrigley :)

I knew I liked you.  I can get bleacher tickets for whoever wants to go...they are about $30 a piece closer to the game.  It is a GOOD time..that's for sure!!!!!! 

• I picked Sept 22 as well, but the only weekend I really can't do is the 8-9th.  Also I figured Labor Day Weekend might be a bit pricey because of the holiday.  But the last three are all the same to me!
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • I voted SS, becuase I have no idea what my situation will be. If you guys pick a weekend I will do my best to be there!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I really, really , really hope that I can make it to this one. I'd lve to meet you gals! Smile

Charleston, SC for our 2nd Anniversary

• image TotallyLoCo:
    I just spoke to DH about this, and if we can swing it we might both fly out with the baby. The only weekend I can't do is the 15th/16th since that's Rosh Hashanah. I picked the 22nd since the Cubs are at home that weekend and I've always wanted to go to Wrigley :)

I don't know if this is a crazy idea, but would people be interested in going to a game? The games that weekend are against St Louis, (a good reason for the StL girls to come up!) the one on Sat is TBD time wise, but the one on Sunday is 1:20pm. I would definitely go, and might be able to convince my bro, SIL and niece to come up too Smile

Anniversary
  • I haven't voted yet either.  Whatever weekend is picked I'll do my best to be there.  If I go, DH and baby will most likely come along as well.
    ~Melissa~
    Shmel's Blog
  • image Lisa6255:

image TotallyLoCo:
    I just spoke to DH about this, and if we can swing it we might both fly out with the baby. The only weekend I can't do is the 15th/16th since that's Rosh Hashanah. I picked the 22nd since the Cubs are at home that weekend and I've always wanted to go to Wrigley :)

I don't know if this is a crazy idea, but would people be interested in going to a game? The games that weekend are against St Louis, (a good reason for the StL girls to come up!) the one on Sat is TBD time wise, but the one on Sunday is 1:20pm. I would definitely go, and might be able to convince my bro, SIL and niece to come up too Smile

A group of my girlfriends from college were talking about going to a Cards v Cubs game this year too. Maybe I can convince them it should be that weekend and we can "kill 2 birds with 1 stone".  I know DH will want to go to the game too.  Maybe we can invite the hubbys along on this trip.

Anniversary

• image Lisa6255:

image TotallyLoCo:

I would be in, obviously, I'm a HUGE Cubs fan, but the only problem I see is that because it is cubs/cards, tickets will be hard to get and expensive.   

• image barbbhoww:
    image Lisa6255:

image TotallyLoCo:

I would be in, obviously, I'm a HUGE Cubs fan, but the only problem I see is that because it is cubs/cards, tickets will be hard to get and expensive.   

ha thats exactly what my brother said to me.
    Anniversary
  • image Lisa6255:
    I don't have anything planned that far out yet, so I am game for anytime! I will block off my whole September if needed Big Smile Party!!! Whoohoo can't wait!!

This!!! I am open at this time, so I can make any weekend work, and I will be sure not to book anything until the GTG has been scheduled - woohoo!!!

I feel like it will be a special treat as I'm not able to post everyday like I used to. I miss everyone and it will be so cool to see you guys in person again :-)

April 24, 2010
    Second Anni-trip: Niagara Falls!
    Visit The Nest!
    ]
  • And Oh yeah - I am all about going to Wrigley Field!!! Wooha!!!
    April 24, 2010
    Second Anni-trip: Niagara Falls!
    Visit The Nest!
    ]
  • Right now there are some tix available on StubHub under $50, so if we do decide this soon we might be able to make it workable for those interested. (at least looking at the Sunday game) Just FYI :-)
    Anniversary
  • i voted labor day weekend, but i'm not really set in stone. i have to see what my life is like come september and if DH wants to come along as well and if we have the $$$ But i will do everything in my power to come!
  • I looked up tickets and as of right now, they are cheap.  Unless somebody has a bad back, I would reccomend the bleachers.  THAT is the way to see/be/hear Wrigley.  Also, we'd be able to all sit together!

• A baseball game with all of you sounds like the best time ever!!!!!!  I'm not going to vote just yet, I'll see how the plans shape up and do my best to join you.  However, we've been having a crappy 2012 financially, so I can't make any promises. 

• image dasmel30:
    I haven't voted yet either.  Whatever weekend is picked I'll do my best to be there.  If I go, DH and baby will most likely come along as well.

That's cool bcuz I'd like to have my DH and maybe even SD as well, depending on if it's our weekend to have her.