Starting Over

I made an honest manstake

Speaking of on-line dating....been emailing a woman the past few days.  We finally get to the point of wanting to meet, so I suggest meet for some cocktails over happy hour some night.  Well I forgot or didnt realize but her profile says "non-drinker".  She sends me back some long email about how could I suggest that when it clearly states she doesnt drink, and how her last 2 boyfriends never paid attention to her, etc.  I mean this woman came unglued/went off on me.  Here is the funny part..at the end she sort of apologizes for venting and would still like to meet me.

Part of me feels like a bonehead for missing that, the other part is glad her crazy side came out now!! 

I dont need someone giving me the side-eye or nagging me everytime I feel like having a drink....that just doesnt work for me.

I really feel like just responding with some version of "Sorry to offend you, dont think we are a good match."   Or maybe I should meet her and get a better judge of her in person since I am the one that "made the manstake', because it seemed like we had a lot in common up until her meltdown.

What say you women of SO?

Re: I made an honest manstake

• I think you'll have dodged a bullet.  Don't ride the crazy train.
    This is my siggy.
  • TOTALLY an honest mistake, especially because it's online dating where you'd have to keep a spreadsheet on qualities mentioned in someone's profile to keep it all straight.

She took out her past issue on you.  Not good.  I say she showed her crazy cakes and the only way you should meet her at this point is if you want a bite of that crazy cakes.

• image BowiesInSpace:
    I think you'll have dodged a bullet.  Don't ride the crazy train.

This....a lot!!!

• Yeah, I'd say sorry but no thanks.  Good thing you saw her craziness before wasting any more time!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Totally an honest mistake, but she's crazy. Be glad you found out now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image BowiesInSpace:

This.  That was definitely a "cray cray" response when she could have simply reminded you she does not partake in adult libations.

Sorry... honest manstake in my opinion.

Pregnancy Ticker People are placed in and taken out of our lives for a multitude of reasons. My faith has me looking upward so I might stay on my path, forward to reach my future and to either side for the ones to walk near me on my journey.
  • image BowiesInSpace:

Bowies said it first.  B!tch be nutty.

• She's bonkers.

Please never say manstake again. It makes me want to kill you.

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

• image GhostofZeldaFitzgerald:

She's bonkers.

LOL..awesome.  Having said that, I make no promises GOZ.

• Yeah, don't meet her. She sounds crazy. She could have just said "how about we grab something to eat?" and leave it at that.
  • Agree with the pps. Honest mistake, biatch be crazy. Move on. 

Laughing at the Men I Date
    Hindsight Is Pretty Funny
  • I actually don't drink either, and I can't imagine going off on someone like that when we haven't yet even met face-to-face. I'm in the "you dodged a bullet" party. 

Now, I'm not sure about this next part, because I'm not online-dating, but I'd almost want to say something about how her tantrum turned you off to meeting her. I wouldn't use the word "tantrum", but I'd be thinking it!

ETA: A pet peeve of mine is people who think I mind if they drink, just because I don't: "Are you sure you're okay with me having a glass of wine with dinner? I won't if you don't want me to."  

• Yah, I wouldn't go.  She sounds like she has all sorts of issues that go way beyond the facts or reasoning behind why she doesn't drink. 

Plus i can't help but think it would be difficult to date someone who is that opposed to drinking, when you obviously enjoy a cocktail now and then.  Could be difficult. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

PM me for the new blog address!
  • Just imagine how fucknuts she'd be if she was sitting at a table with you when you ordered a beer. I bet your face is nice...don't you want to keep it that way? 
  • image BowiesInSpace:

this

imageimageimage
  • the OP made me literally LOL.

She could have replied, "I don't drink, but I'd love to meet for coffee (or insert other idea here).

Don't go out with her.

• It's fine if she doesn't drink, but it doesn't mean you don't have to. You made an honest mistake, and all she had to say was "Well, i actually don't drink, but maybe we could meet up at a place that serves cocktails and food?"

She's crazy for sure. I would steer clear! 

I wouldn't change a thing...it's all led me to you.
  • From what you say, it sounds like the match candidate has her expectations set way too high.  I agree with the others, I would take it as a sign and be thankful you dodge a bullet quickly.

• image jm5855:
    image GhostofZeldaFitzgerald:

She's bonkers.

Look, if you ever want to get laid again, you'll scratch that from your vocabulary.

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

image jm5855:
    image GhostofZeldaFitzgerald:

She's bonkers.

Look, if you ever want to get laid again, you'll scratch that from your vocabulary.

::dead::

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

PM me for the new blog address!
  • Don't engage the crazy.You made a simple mistake and she completely flipped out. Imagine how bad she would be if you made a bigger mistake or once she's more comfortable with you. I can't even think about how bad she might be flipping out in person. 
    someecards.com - North Carolina: Where you can marry your cousin. Just not your gay cousin.
  • Good riddance!
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you. My Blog
  • Stay away, she's nuts.

Plus, she can still go to Happy Hour and not drink. 

I guess it's not exactly the same, but I don't drink coffee, but when I'm asked to go out for "coffee", I say sure, and order ice tea. 

If you like to drink, and she doesn't to that extreme, it's not going to work anyways. 

She's bonkers.

Seriously.  Plus, the first time I read that as manscape - I was all excited to see what the post was.

I agree with everyone else - she's nuts!

• You definately dodged a bullet.  Someone less crazy might have said, "I don't drink would you like to meet for coffee instead." Going off like that is nuts....runaway!
    "You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness."
  • I completely agree with everyone else. That woman is a bit of the looney tunes variety. Glad you dodged that bullet!
    **nestie formerly known as thegastons**
  • I would not write off anyone b/c they are a non drinker.  Plenty of people I know are non-drinkers, but are ok around alcohol (they just don't have any).

But the fact that she went off on you doesn't sit well with me.  She doesn't even know you.  She could have just written "I'm not a drinker - maybe coffee somewhere?" 

I don't think you would be a good match.

image "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.
  • image BowiesInSpace:

Yes  She sounds like she could use a drink. 

"How often does the other woman get a happy ending?" Chuck Bass, Gossip Girl
  • Is manstake a new phrase that all the cool kids are using? I don't like it.