Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

The Artist? (poss spoilers)

I saw this today and loved it.

I get tired of the same movies being made over and over. This had a familiar story but the acting and cinematography was amazing.

It didn't bother me at all that it was mostly silent and I loved the end.

But I went with 2 friends and they both hated it. One went so far to say it was the worst movie she had ever seen. I thought that was pretty closed minded.

Has anyone else seen it? Enjoyed it too or hated it?

[IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/2ch1g6p.jpg[/IMG]

Re: The Artist? (poss spoilers)

• I loved it.  I don't understand how someone could hate it, it was so fun and different.  I love Old Hollywood though, so The Artist was right up my alley.

Has your friend not seen Date Movie?  She should watch it if she thinks The Artist is awful.

My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kim's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I just saw this and Loved it. It was very well done and liked the concept that it was a silent film.
    [IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/21mrgg4.jpg[/IMG]
  • we saw it this weekend and loved it. we also saw the descendents, but i liked the artist better.
  • image kmpls:

I saw this today and loved it.

I get tired of the same movies being made over and over. This had a familiar story but the acting and cinematography was amazing.

It didn't bother me at all that it was mostly silent and I loved the end.

But I went with 2 friends and they both hated it. One went so far to say it was the worst movie she had ever seen. I thought that was pretty closed minded.

Has anyone else seen it? Enjoyed it too or hated it?

I am excited to see this.  I am not surprised, though, that people didn't like it because they're used to the piece-of-crap, non-artistic films of today that cater to the lowest common denominator.  ex: rom coms

They should avoid the Oscars if they don't like "The Artist."  It's going to be cleaning up---probably 5 or 6 awards.

Romney-Portman 2012 ORGAN DONOR: DEAL WITH IT. :-) :-)
  • Saw it. Loved it. Even my teenage brother who hates most things loved it. 
  • DH and I loved it.  

• Just saw it and loved it!

I also love old movies, black and whites, etc. This opened my eyes to silent films and I just fell in love.

Brilliant job! The emotion I felt when there was no talking...... wow. Yes