Married Life

Has anyone had a bone spur on their gumline

Above a tooth?  I have a little thing that looks like a tiiiny painful pimple on my gum.  It turns out it's a bone spur.  The only treatment is to have it filed down and hope the gums heal over it, or ignore it.

Who is the sam jack hell gets a bone spur on their gums?

Re: Has anyone had a bone spur on their gumline

• That sounds awful. Ouch. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have one on the roof of my mouth. It doesn't bother me, just feels like a very small grain of rice. When I first got it looked at, I realized it had been up there for several months and I was worried about the c-c-cancer. 

But since it doesn't bother me and no one can see it, there's no need to treat it. Filing does not sound like fun, but gums heal over after dental surgery all the time.  

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
  • It's not too bad, but it's not good, you know?  I didn't even know the human body was capable of it.  I guess it's from bruxism.
  • image pdxmouse:

I have one on the roof of my mouth. It doesn't bother me, just feels like a very small grain of rice. When I first got it looked at, I realized it had been up there for several months and I was worried about the c-c-cancer. 

But since it doesn't bother me and no one can see it, there's no need to treat it. Filing does not sound like fun, but gums heal over after dental surgery all the time.  

So it doesn't hurt?  That's good.  Mine hurts sometimes, so I'll have to woman up and have it done.  It doesn't sound major, just Novocaine and filing.

• I do, but it's not naturally occurring for me. I had a bone graft after an extraction and a piece of the grafting material migrated. It doesn't hurt unless I press on it.

• image scottydont:

So it doesn't hurt?  That's good.  Mine hurts sometimes, so I'll have to woman up and have it done.  It doesn't sound major, just Novocaine and filing.

It doesn't now. When it was first breaking through it was really irritated (kind of like teething I imagine). Not knowing what it was I thought I'd burned the roof of my mouth or bit something wrong. Once the swelling went down, I'd notice it when my tongue bumped it and wonder when the "scab" was going to come off. I freaked out a little when I realized I'd been ignoring a growth in my mouth for a few months. 

Apparently they're hereditary, though no one in my family seems to have heard of them. I never knew such a thing existed. I kind of picture it as my own tiny stalactite (or is stalagmite?). 

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
  • I love the stalactite/stalagmite mention.  Your mouth is a cave!

Thanks for making me feel better, guys!