Oklahoma Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I cooked something edible!

I made quinoa mac and cheese; tomato, avocado and corn salad with honey-lime dressing; and marinated tofu for dinner. It all turned out great! I found two of the three recipes on Pinterest (not the tofu), and I would highly recommend them.
The tofu recipe was great for basic cooking instructions, but I used the Chinese marinade, and it was a little intense.
I'll definitely make all of this again, so I wanted to share. I've been trying out more vegetarian recipes since H and I are trying to eat healthy, and I actually PREFER non-meat meals. I've never cooked much, because I've never had to (ramen noodles, frozen burritos, and cereal got me through college/singlehood), but I'm sort of enjoying it!

image" width="250">

Re: I cooked something edible!

• I am really wanting to try the quinoa mac and cheese. Maybe I will try it for a potluck sometime.  The salad looks and sounds great, too!  We don't ever do tofu since my picky vegetarian hates it.  I'm not super fond of the texture myself, but that looks good!
  • I'm glad you included pictures! 

I'd like to try the Mac n cheese, but I'd need to be able to try a small amount without committing to making the whole thing. So, in short, invite me to your potluck Chritti Smile

• Oh I saw these pics on fb last night and drooled like a mofo.

While I was eating yet again, another salad.

• I'm really excited to make the corn salad! I'm going to put it on a bean burrito, I think.
  • image 5thOfJuly:
    I'm really excited to make the corn salad! I'm going to put it on a bean burrito, I think.

It is SO good! Hope you love it as much as we did.  

image" width="250">
  • The mac and cheese sounds good!

Where did you buy the quinoa? I've looked at Crest and didn't find it, but I may just have been looking in the wrong aisles. Though honestly I've never made it before, so unless it came in a package labelled with enormous red letters, I probably overlooked it.

image image
  • image SunnyDaze31:

The mac and cheese sounds good!

Where did you buy the quinoa? I've looked at Crest and didn't find it, but I may just have been looking in the wrong aisles. Though honestly I've never made it before, so unless it came in a package labelled with enormous red letters, I probably overlooked it.

Whole Foods - and even then, I had to have someone help me find it.

image" width="250">
  • image SunnyDaze31:

My Crest (the one at Hefner and Rockwell) carries it.  It's on the baking aisle.  There is a little section of Bob's Red Mill stuff near the corn meal, and it is in there.  They also have it at Akins or the Health Food Center on the south side.

• image WendyToo:

I'm glad you included pictures! 

I'd like to try the Mac n cheese, but I'd need to be able to try a small amount without committing to making the whole thing. So, in short, invite me to your potluck Chritti Smile

Of course! :) 

• image critti710:
    image SunnyDaze31:

My Crest (the one at Hefner and Rockwell) carries it.  It's on the baking aisle.  There is a little section of Bob's Red Mill stuff near the corn meal, and it is in there.  They also have it at Akins or the Health Food Center on the south side.

That's the Crest I go to also, so I just overlooked it! I was looking for it near the rice.

image image
  • image SunnyDaze31:
    image critti710:
    image SunnyDaze31:

That's the Crest I go to also, so I just overlooked it! I was looking for it near the rice.

I think they may also have it in the new bulk section over by the lunch meat at the end of the produce section.