Decorating & Renovating

WDYT of this couch (PIP)?

Have been looking for a gray couch - wasn't necessarily thinking of a sectional, but kind of like this...it's  a nice material, and is only $799 at Costco (thanks Nesties)!  Not exactly where I thought I'd be buying a couch, but I honestly haven't seen anything else at furniture stores I like better, or that is as comfortable!  Also with 3 kids under 4.5, i probably shouldn't be spending too much anyway!!!  So, honest thoughts, please...

Re: WDYT of this couch (PIP)?

• I really like it! I think I may have to cancel my gray couch plans from a local furniture store and go to Costco! We found a dark gray sectional and it is very similar to this, tufted cushion etc and it's 1999 on sale....I may have to check my local Costco for this piece.  Was it comfy when u sat in it? 
    My House Blog

I have a new nest name! Formerly known as 2bewed2rodney

• I have that same couch. From Costco ;) it's very nice thigh I will say that the cushions are a bit narrow for my liking. It seems to be holding up well but ours doesn't get a lot of us as its in our master BR sitting room. It's a great piece for the price that's for sure.
  • We are buying it this weekend. :)
  • I really like it! And, you can't beat that price! I say go for it.
  • Like I said in the previous post, if i was in the market for a new couch, i would get that one. Doesnt it have some cool detailing on the back?*
  • image xmaryrickx:
    I have that same couch. From Costco ;) it's very nice thigh I will say that the cushions are a bit narrow for my liking. It seems to be holding up well but ours doesn't get a lot of us as its in our master BR sitting room. It's a great piece for the price that's for sure.

Ohhh hmm, is this a small sectional? 

My House Blog

I have a new nest name! Formerly known as 2bewed2rodney

• I like that! We actually bought a tan couch from costco 2 weeks ago! I never would have thought about buying furniture from there but I really like it so far.
    DD #1 07/02/2003 DD #2 10/27/2010
  • Ugh if we had a costco near us I'd be in a uhaul and getting that couch after typing this. I love the tufting!
  • I like it a lot! It looks super comfy.

If we were in the market for a new sectional I'd totally consider this. Come to think of it, there weren't any gray ones to be had while we were looking. I remember a sea of beige.

• Nice! Our gray sectional is smaller than that and it was $1,600. Just curious, do you know if it's American made?
    My favorite place on earth: The Amargosa Valley.
  • I like it a lot!! Definitely a great find!
  • We had the same couch in a brown color from last year. We kept it a year and I loved it, but it wasn't comfortable to me. DH thought it was though! The best thing about it was how amazingly it cleaned up with just a wet rag. Perfect for kids!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I am so jealous!  I wanted a tufted gray couch, but got the tufted (minus the awesome back detail that one has) chocolate brown one costco had a few months ago.  I tried talking my mom into that gray one though.  Mine is the same brand, and I love it.  It's a firmer couch, so it's holding up really well, easy to clean, comfortable.  I'm very impressed with it.
  • We just bought a grey sectional and saw this a couple of weeks later. It looked great in person. For the price you can't beat it. My only concern with it was I think it was a very directional piece. I was worried about moving and it not fitting in a room.

We bought our last couch at Costco. It looked identical to one at Pottery Barn and I think be payed a whopping $400 for it. It went through two kids and three moves and held up great. I had it professionally cleaned and you would never know it had such a rough former life. 

If it works in your room I would go for it! For that price when the kids are a little older it can be replaced.  

• For those who bought this couch or similar one from Costco - how was it coming out of the box - was it all wrinkly, and or any marks/spots/scratches, etc.?  Or did it basically come out as shown in the pic?
  • I actually sat on it at our local Costco last week and it was very comfy!
  • I eye that couch every time we go in to Costco! The one time I sat on it, it was very comfortable. 
  • Does that price include the ottoman? And by any chance is it a storage ottoman?

GREAT DEAL!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • image trinakb:

Does that price include the ottoman? And by any chance is it a storage ottoman?

GREAT DEAL!!

It does include the ottoman, but it's not a storage ottoman.
  • SIL has this couch. I've been over there for many a movie night. Hella comfy and stands up to my demon spawn niece and nephew. :) I would totally buy this. 
  • image hgrogers:
    For those who bought this couch or similar one from Costco - how was it coming out of the box - was it all wrinkly, and or any marks/spots/scratches, etc.?  Or did it basically come out as shown in the pic?

It came out exactly as it is shown, minus the legs that have to be screwed on. Super easy!