Money Matters

omg, I hate the ASPCA commercials

They're everywhere! I change the channel to avoid it, it's on the new channel. Yes, I hope you get money but I don't want those images in my face every ten minutes. Flame away.

Re: omg, I hate the ASPCA commercials

• I know exactly what you mean!  The Sarah McLachlin one always makes me cry.
  • I just told DH that Willie Nelson and Sarah McLachlan make me want to shoot myself.  I've seen too many of these ASPCA commercials in the hour or so that I was watching L&O:SVU. 

Even Alyssa Milano had a commercial crying for donations (UNICEF, I think).

I can't handle it!

• I think I've seen them enough times that I'm desensitized. Obviously they are horrible but no longer shocking to a point of making me cry.

I also have yet to donate as a result of those commercials, so I probably just suck. 

I used to be ShootingStarKRB. I also used to be married.
  • image PastryKitteh:

Yes  When I saw this thread, I was going to post this.  It's what I say to DH now whenever the commercial comes on.

I've had to change the channel so many times to avoid these today.  Maybe they're trying to take advantage of people with "give to charity" New Year's Resolutions.

• I completely agree, and will raise you the new UNICEF commercials (the ones with Alyssa Milano.) I can't listen to them. I just shut one off a minute ago. :(

ETA: Flamingo Stalker...didn't see your post 'til after I finished mine. Glad I'm not alone in that one either!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I change the channel too.  I can't deal with those little faces. Those commercials and last year's puppy bowl are how we ended up with Quincy.  I don't want them to make me add a third dog this year. lol.
    Quincy and Dexter, new BFFs

I used to be kris216.
  • image dexteroni:
    I change the channel too.  I can't deal with those little faces. Those commercials and last year's puppy bowl are how we ended up with Quincy.  I don't want them to make me add a third dog this year. lol.

You'll get to 3 . . . it's just a matter of time.  

When we went to the shelter to adopt a cat, there was a litter of 3 kittens there.  Every time we picked one up, they'd all cry.  They didn't want to be apart.  We're such suckers and took all of them!  They are still so close, it's cute.  We did it all in one fell swoop!

• They make me cry every time.  I thought it was just because I am a hormonal pregnant women.  If my husband sees the commercial come on he will literally dive across the room to grab the remote and change the channel. 
    CafeMom Tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • image Flamingo Stalker:

image dexteroni:
    I change the channel too.  I can't deal with those little faces. Those commercials and last year's puppy bowl are how we ended up with Quincy.  I don't want them to make me add a third dog this year. lol.

When we went to the shelter to adopt a cat, there was a litter of 3 kittens there.  Every time we picked one up, they'd all cry.  They didn't want to be apart.  We're such suckers and took all of them!  They are still so close, it's cute.  We did it all in one fell swoop!

Aw! I would have taken all three too.  How sweet!

I used to be kris216.
  • I hate those commercials, too. Too long and too sad. #headinsand
    From the great mind of Violet_McPurpleson:
  • image Flamingo Stalker:

I just told DH that Willie Nelson and Sarah McLachlan make me want to shoot myself.  I've seen too many of these ASPCA commercials in the hour or so that I was watching L&O:SVU. 

Even Alyssa Milano had a commercial crying for donations (UNICEF, I think).

I can't handle it!

I find the Alyssa Milano one kind of funny b/c she's such a bad actress that she sounds so silly.  It did however make me consider donating.

• image dexteroni:
    image Flamingo Stalker:

image dexteroni:

Aw! I would have taken all three too.  How sweet!

Truffle's daycare has had a sign to adopt a boxer for a couple months...I really want to meet her but know if I do she'll come home with me. We cant be good dog parents to more than one now though.  

• They kill me because I'd LOVE to adopt an adult cat but I can't due to my allergies.  So, it's like they're rubbing it in.  Crying
    image Visit The Nest! Love to scrapbook!
  • image nsfw:
    They're everywhere! I change the channel to avoid it, it's on the new channel. Yes, I hope you get money but I don't want those images in my face every ten minutes. Flame away.
    They make me cry so bad. :( H knows to either mute and pull my attention away, or turn the TV off when they come on 'cause they're so horrible (in my eyes). And I usually attack one of the kitties for a kitty hug to feel better when they're over.
  • image meg193:
    They make me cry every time.  I thought it was just because I am a hormonal pregnant women.  If my husband sees the commercial come on he will literally dive across the room to grab the remote and change the channel. 
    Your husband rocks!! :)
  • Poor DS started sobbing yesterday at the Sarah McLaughlin one. Is it really necessary to have them on ABC Family during the day?
  • image Brit1017:
    Poor DS started sobbing yesterday at the Sarah McLaughlin one. Is it really necessary to have them on ABC Family during the day?

They have made both of nephews cry as well.  My sister changes the channel at first sight now.

I used to be kris216.
  • Nope, I can't take it!  I change the channel too.
  • They are SO long, too! They were on the other night when we were out and I kept looking away and I waited what I thought was a reasonable time but no, it had to be a 5 minute commercial!

I actually started crying at a patient's house once because it came on when I was there and no one changed it. 

• They make me really sad, but on some level I appreciate that because they are, after all, at least somewhat effective by virtue of being so heart-wrenching.

But, since we donate monthly and foster cats for the SPCA, I feel no shame in changing the channel. I feel that we're doing all we can now to help, I don't need an extra dose of guilt and sadness!

BabyFruit Ticker

July 3rd, 2012 ~ Hang in there sweetheart, we can't wait to meet you!