Baltimore Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

2011 Recap Poll

• Most life changing event(s) of your life in 2011?
  • Best book(s) you read in 2011?
  • Favorite movie you saw in 2011?
  • Favorite show you watched in 2011?
  • Best concert or play you saw in 2011?
  • Any vacations you took in 2011?
  • Any AWs from 2011?
  • What are your goals for 2012?

Re: 2011 Recap Poll

• Most life changing event(s) of your life in 2011? Got a job! Best book(s) you read in 2011? Tough one. I started the Outlander series after raves here. And I love it Favorite movie you saw in 2011? Harry Potter Favorite show you watched in 2011? Idk Best concert or play you saw in 2011? How to succeed in business without really trying. With Daniel Radcliffe! Any vacations you took in 2011? Nope. Sucked Any AWs from 2011? Nope What are your goals for 2012? A promotion. Do some house stuff-paint, curtains, etc. take an awesome vacation for our anniversary. Lose weight.
  • Most life changing event(s) of your life in 2011? Probably knocking out over half of our debt

Best book(s) you read in 2011? I'm still reading it but Drawing On the Right Side of Your Brain.

Favorite movie you saw in 2011? Harry Potter

Favorite show you watched in 2011? Terra Nova and Work of Art

Best concert or play you saw in 2011? Sadly, we didn't make it to any

Any vacations you took in 2011? Two trips to Vegas and one to OC

Any AWs from 2011? Not really but I'm happy to work for a company that is still giving raises.

What are your goals for 2012? Lose weight, adopt another kitty, eliminate our debt, visit three new cities, and maybe think about starting a family. In that order :)
    Steak and Tomato - our foodie photo journal

Married Bio

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wen9ehn/]
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wen9ehn/weight.png[/img]
    [/url]
    • Most life changing event(s) of your life in 2011? Finding out we were expecting another baby.
    • Best book(s) you read in 2011? Inconceivable and The stolen Life (both heart wrenching reads).
    • Favorite movie you saw in 2011? IDK ( I didn't really watch any movies this year).
    • Favorite show you watched in 2011? Once Upon a Time
    • Best concert or play you saw in 2011? Kenny Chesney in June!
    • Any vacations you took in 2011? Went to Colonial Williamsburg and NC/SC to see friends and family.
    • Any AWs from 2011? DH finally got a job working days, Annabelle is really becoming a little lady and growing up way to fast.
    • What are your goals for 2012? Losing the baby weight starting in May, save more$, read more books, cook meals at home.
    image, image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Most life changing event(s) of your life in 2011? Having Faith Best book(s) you read in 2011? I can't remember the last book I read unfortunately Favorite movie you saw in 2011? Switch with Jason Bateman..yum Favorite show you watched in 2011? Dexter and Breaking Bad Best concert or play you saw in 2011? Barney because DD was so excited Any vacations you took in 2011? just to the beach Any AWs from 2011? nope What are your goals for 2012? save money for our next house, stop procrastinating and lose weight.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    • Most life changing event(s) of your life in 2011? Getting pregnant
    • Best book(s) you read in 2011? Lara Adrian, Midnight Series
    • Favorite movie you saw in 2011? dunno?
    • Favorite show you watched in 2011? The Voice
    • Best concert or play you saw in 2011? Kenny Chesney (sad - it's the only one I saw this year)
    • Any vacations you took in 2011? loved Myrtle Beach
    • Any AWs from 2011? nope
    • What are your goals for 2012? LOSE WEIGHT!!!  Finally after years of travel, I can finally workout consistently and get rid of all this weight.  I can't wait.
    IUI#1 = 09/10 - Canceled - Dx w/POF
    DE IVF #1= 04/11 - BFP
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Most life changing event(s) of your life in 2011? Buying our first home. Best book(s) you read in 2011? The Book Thief, Winter Garden, House Rules, The Art of Racing in the Rain, The Help, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn and The Elegance of the Hedgehog Favorite movie you saw in 2011? I can't really think of anything great. Favorite show you watched in 2011? Shameless, Sons of Anarchy, Grimm, Dexter, Once Upon a Time and American Horror Story Best concert or play you saw in 2011? Play: La Cage aux Folles Concert: Didn't go to any Any vacations you took in 2011? Spain, Portugal and Vegas Any AWs from 2011? Can't think of anything What are your goals for 2012? Finish renovating the house and move in, save up more money for a pool and hopefully be able to take a vacation, adopt another dog.
    • Most life changing event(s) of your life in 2011? Bought a house with DH and moved.
    • Best book(s) you read in 2011? Probably re-reading Jane Eyre... I didn't read many books.
    • Favorite movie you saw in 2011? The Social Network (if that was even this year, I can't remember!)
    • Favorite show you watched in 2011? Sons of Anarchy
    • Best concert or play you saw in 2011? Mumford & Sons
    • Any vacations you took in 2011? Key West and Italy... both awesome!
    • Any AWs from 2011? I ran a PR in my half marathon. In general I got better about making time for myself, which I'm proud of.
    • What are your goals for 2012? I'm going to graduate with my masters and run my first marathon.
    [IMG]http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m116/catspajamas83/BaileyInstagram-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m116/catspajamas83/Jamesoneyes-1.jpg[/IMG]
    • Most life changing event(s) of your life in 2011? Turning 40?  IDK, I don't really feel like it was a terribly exciting year.  I'm excited our kitchen is done and it looks great, but I wouldnt' call it "life changing"
    • Best book(s) you read in 2011? Paris Wife
    • Favorite movie you saw in 2011? The Social Network
    • Favorite show you watched in 2011? Modern Family
    • Best concert or play you saw in 2011? I saw the Sound of Music yesterday - it was good!
    • Any vacations you took in 2011? Just our regular family beach vacations.  We had some fun trips to water parks w/ DD
    • Any AWs from 2011? ? I can't really think of any - is that sad?
    • What are your goals for 2012? Get PG and start running again.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Most life changing event(s) of your life in 2011? Becoming unemployed :/ Starting on a journey toward better health

Best book(s) you read in 2011? Anna and the French Kiss; Lola and the Boy Next Door; What Happened to Goodbye; The Secret of Everything

Favorite movie you saw in 2011? Harry Potter; The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Favorite show you watched in 2011? New shows: Once Upon a Time, Grimm, Homeland; Old-But-New-To-Me: Friday Night Lights, The Vampire Diaries

Best concert or play you saw in 2011? I didn't see any plays this year. Best concerts were Carbon Leaf and Gaelic Storm, as always!

Any vacations you took in 2011? Vegas in April was incredible. Vegas in November was pretty nifty, too.

Any AWs from 2011? I'm pretty proud of myself for getting into working out and losing weight. I've been derailed through the holidays, but can't wait to get back to it.

What are your goals for 2012? 1. Continue losing weight, 2. Find a job, 3. Pay down our debt/build up our savings

ed + dani 10.31.08 | miranda 04.10.07 | liam 09.06.12
    [IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/2jezlp3.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/2rx75vm.jpg[/IMG]
  • Most life changing event(s) of your life in 2011?  I finished my PhD and got my first full time job.

Best book(s) you read in 2011?  I only really read dog books.

Favorite movie you saw in 2011?  Nothing stands out.

Favorite show you watched in 2011?  Favorite new show is Revenge.

Best concert or play you saw in 2011?  No concerts.

Any vacations you took in 2011?  The only vacation that we took was to the kees national for a week.

Any AWs from 2011?  I'm happy that I met my goal of finishing Keefer's championship before his second birthday.

What are your goals for 2012? Work towards a new house.
    My sweet boy
    imageimage

• Most life changing event(s) of your life in 2011? I can't think of anything really - perhaps having to enroll DD in a new daycare. But that's not super life changing. 

• Best book(s) you read in 2011? Whatever new Nicolas Sparks book is read a few months ago. It's not only the best book, but probably the only book, so it wins by default. 

• Favorite movie you saw in 2011? Man I am boring - I rarely see movies and any even think of one I saw this year for the first time. 

• Favorite show you watched in 2011? Modern family

• Best concert or play you saw in 2011? Kenny Chesney 

• Any vacations you took in 2011? The outer banks for the first time, I loved it and can't wait to go back in June

• Any AWs from 2011? None that I can think of 

• What are your goals for 2012? Have another baby but save some money first
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    • Most life changing event(s) of your life in 2011? Having a baby and losing my mom.
    • Best book(s) you read in 2011? The Help
    • Favorite movie you saw in 2011? The Help
    • Favorite show you watched in 2011? Would you judge me if I said Bachelor Pad?
    • Best concert or play you saw in 2011? n/a
    • Any vacations you took in 2011? Just to Bethany Beach in July...it was a good time with family.
    • Any AWs from 2011?
    • What are your goals for 2012? I'm starting my Masters so I hope to do well there and also read more for pleasure.  I also want to exercise more and eat healthier.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Someone's getting a little brother!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image gracie2762:
    • Most life changing event(s) of your life in 2011? - DH graduating, finding out I was unexpectedly pg, leaving my teaching position, DH getting his call which resulted in buying our first house.  It was a big year!
    • Best book(s) you read in 2011? - The Help
    • Favorite movie you saw in 2011? - No idea.  I saw several in the theater (more than a usual year) but nothing stands out. 
    • Favorite show you watched in 2011? - True Blood
    • Best concert or play you saw in 2011? - NKOTBSB in July!  SOOOOO much fun to relive my childhood. :)
    • Any vacations you took in 2011? - Just our usual to Rehoboth and Cape May in August.  
    • Any AWs from 2011? - DH finally graduated after 4 years of seminary and got his first call!  This was a long time in the making. 
    • What are your goals for 2012? - Drop the baby weight ASAP by doing whatever necessary - diet, exercise - I'm just excited to have my body back and can't wait to wear my clothes again. Also hoping to land a teaching position, but that seems extremely unlikely... sigh. 
  • image TheLinkBride:
    Favorite show you watched in 2011?  Favorite new show is Revenge.

Ack! How could I have forgotten Revenge?! I love that show!
    ed + dani 10.31.08 | miranda 04.10.07 | liam 09.06.12
    [IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/2jezlp3.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/2rx75vm.jpg[/IMG]
  • image gracie2762:
    • Most life changing event(s) of your life in 2011? having our second son, losing my grandmother
    • Best book(s) you read in 2011? girl with the dragon tattoo
    • Favorite movie you saw in 2011? i liked hereafter and invictus
    • Favorite show you watched in 2011? i'll go with old fave survivor
    • Best concert or play you saw in 2011? didn't go to any
    • Any vacations you took in 2011? just to the beach since i was preg
    • Any AWs from 2011? not really
    • What are your goals for 2012? more meal planning, add to our savings
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    • Most life changing event(s) of your life in 2011? Having a Hysterectomy
    • Best book(s) you read in 2011? Look again
    • Favorite movie you saw in 2011? Paranormal Activity 2 and Black Swan
    • Favorite show you watched in 2011? House
    • Best concert or play you saw in 2011? none
    • Any vacations you took in 2011? my solo trip to Germany
    • Any AWs from 2011?
    • What are your goals for 2012? staying on track, eating healthy, expand my business
    [IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c132/Song4themoon/39_zps3c530767-1_zps65ac5d58.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c132/Song4themoon/24_zps1f2cabb9-1_zpsde31711d.jpg[/IMG]

My Receipe Blog
  • Most life changing event(s) of your life in 2011? The birth of Claire
    Best book(s) you read in 2011? A Stolen Life, Hunger Games, Room, Still Alice
    Favorite movie you saw in 2011? The Help, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
    Favorite show you watched in 2011? Modern Family, Glee
    Best concert or play you saw in 2011? n/a
    Any vacations you took in 2011? n/a
    Any AWs from 2011? Claire was a VBAC, and we EBF for the first six months (still going strong, just w/ some solids)
    What are your goals for 2012? loose the baby weight, start running again
    Laura & Jim ~ July 10, 2004
    miscarriage on 11/26/09 at 5w6d
  • Most life changing event(s) of your life in 2011? Buying our house in June.
    Best book(s) you read in 2011? The Help, The Hunger Games, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
    Favorite movie you saw in 2011? nothing is jumping out at me
    Favorite show you watched in 2011? HIMYM, The Big Bang Theory, Modern Family
    Best concert or play you saw in 2011? NA
    Any vacations you took in 2011? Went to NH for a weekend to run a half marathon.  Puerto Rico 4 times for work. We didn't really do anything big because we bought the house.
    Any AWs from 2011?  NA
    What are your goals for 2012? Run a sub 4hr marathon. 
    • Most life changing event(s) of your life in 2011? Clara's birth in August, quitting my job in December
      Best book(s) you read in 2011? The Help, The Hunger Games
      Favorite movie you saw in 2011? Harry Potter
      Favorite show you watched in 2011? Modern Family, Dexter
      Best concert or play you saw in 2011? Keith Urban in July
      Any vacations you took in 2011? Alaska in April (w/o DH) and just a quick weekend trip to Hershey in June
      Any AWs from 2011?  DH got laid off from a terrible company 3 weeks before I was due, but got a job w/ a great company a week later...one of the results of that was making it possible for me to SAH now.
      What are your goals for 2012? Lose the baby weight I've put off losing, hopefully/possibly moving back to Alaska, maybe thinking about TTC #2 towards the end of 2012.
  • Most life changing event(s) of your life in 2011? Birth of our first nephew, promotion at work
    Best book(s) you read in 2011? Tie between The Hunger Games series and Let the Right One In
    Favorite movie you saw in 2011? Breaking Dawn I guess? I didn't see many.
    Favorite show you watched in 2011? Tie between American Horror Story and Homeland. Boardwalk Empire was great too, though!
    Best concert or play you saw in 2011? Wicked
    Any vacations you took in 2011? Las Vegas and Vancouver/Seattle/Portland/San Fran
    Any AWs from 2011? We both had to get new (used) cars in 2011 and we had enough in savings to buy them outright.
    What are your goals for 2012? TTC in the spring, get our back deck redone, do more freelance work and save as much money as possible
    BabyFruit Ticker
    • Most life changing event(s) of your life in 2011? Having a baby
    • Best book(s) you read in 2011? None
    • Favorite movie you saw in 2011? Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows parts 1 & 2
    • Favorite show you watched in 2011? HIMYM, Dexter
    • Best concert or play you saw in 2011? None
    • Any vacations you took in 2011? None
    • Any AWs from 2011? Having a baby was the best and most significant thing that's ever happened to us/
    • What are your goals for 2012? Get back on track with daily chores, update the kitchen, get the house organized, get a handle on my job situation. I'm feeling very unmotivated this year.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w -- BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w -- BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d -- BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    BabyFruit Ticker

Decorate This
  • Most life changing event(s) of your life in 2011? Getting pregnant, H getting a new job (woot!)

Best book(s) you read in 2011? handmaid's tale, Game of Thrones

Favorite movie you saw in 2011? Um lol I didnt see a lot. Probably the last Harry Potter.

Favorite show you watched in 2011? Perfect Couples Crying (since canceled), Game of Thrones

Best concert or play you saw in 2011? Stevie Nicks!!

Any vacations you took in 2011? No really fabulous vacations - just long weekends here and there. Going to Puerto Rico in a month though!

Any AWs from 2011? Oh hm.  Well just in general 2011 was a good year for us.  H started a fabulous new job, I hit the two year mark at mine (ie can't be fired without cause anymore haha!), I started working from home two days a week, we got pregnant, have had a healthy and relatively easy pregnancy so far, we spent a lot of time with friends and family, my brother accepted a position in Salisbury post-residency so they'll be back in the state which is awesome, and so on and so forth.  The year started out relatively crappy for various reasons and really ended up being a good year, which is always a great way to end the year!

What are your goals for 2012? To buy a house, get through childbirth (lol), and that's about it. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers