Fashion & Beauty
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Need help with very dry skin

Most of my face seems to be normal, except around the cheek/chin area where it is so dry that it is flaky.  I wash my face at night with Olay sensitive skin face wash, use a clarisonic about twice a week, and use Neutrogena lotion for sensitive skin.  I recently stopped washing my face in the morning and just use moisturizer then do my makeup (currently I use MUF HD liquid foundation).  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Re: Need help with very dry skin

• I always liked Ponds Dry Skin Cream.  One of the only thingsthat worked for me when my skin was really dry (or Palmer's cocoa butter).
  • When the skin on my cheeks is very dry (I live in Colorado) I will apply my body lotion (Gold Bond with Aloe). It doesn't make me break out, but it helps a lot with the flakey skin.

Good luck! I hate winter for the dry skin issues. 

• I struggle with dry, flaky skin too.  A couple of months ago I started using First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream and Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream, and they have been life-savers.  My skin is very sensitive, but neither of these have irritated my skin, and they have both helped cut down on my eczema flare-ups.  Both can be found at Sephora.

• At night I use Laura Mercier "Flawless" skin cream which contains Argan oil and is super moisturizing. Then in the morning before I apply my makeup I use Cetaphil lotion. That seems to work for my skin. 

Try to get a sample of it to see if it works for you.  

• Getting an occasional microdermabrasion treatment will take care of the dry spots and make your skin very soft.  I also use a face wash every day that exfoliates, and it helps a lot.  What I've been using is Lush brand Angels on Bare Skin, but I'm sure there are plenty of options for washes that also exfoliate.
  • I exfoliate with olay pore scrub every day and then use boots #7 protect and petfect. Make sure you are exfoliating or else you're just cream on top of dead flaky skin.
  • Dermatologica "calming Line" saved my skin.  I feel like I should be doing a commercial for them.  :) Seriously, my skin was soooo dry and red and irritated before I started using the calming products.
  • At night, use a touch of olive oil on the dry spots, before you use your regular moisturizer.  Sounds crazy, but it really helps with my extremely dry skin.
  • I use olive oil on my skin too!