Married Life

LOL. I'm totally annoyed at my niece and nephews

There are 4 of them.  They each made (and wrapped) a book for each of my kids.  Which means I have to write EIGHT THANK YOU NOTES for the damn things, on top of the note to their family from each of my kids.  That's TEN THANK YOU NOTES to one family.  And convince DD to sign her name to each of hers.  Which is an exciting exercise.  The madness has to stop. 

But I'm not the one to stop it.  I know when I check my mail tonight I'll have thank you notes from each one of those darn kids for the gifts that they received from us on Christmas Eve, and the only reason I haven't gotten them sooner is because our mail was held because we were OOT.

Damn those nice kids!  *shaking fist*

Re: LOL. I'm totally annoyed at my niece and nephews

• Manners are hard.

lol

Yeah that's right my name's Yauch!
  • Dear Tom, Diiick, Harry and Sally - We love the books you made for us. We can tell you all worked very hard on them and the kids enjoy reading them every night before bed. Hope you had a great Christmas. Love, The WBLs

One and done, dude.

• You can't just write one to each family, and include all gifts? 10 per family? That's insane. I wouldn't even WANT 10 notes. Just write one, and be done with it.

But then, I don't do thank yous for Christmas gifts.

image image
  • I agree with C_joy. Ten thank you notes to one family is ridiculous and I'm a thank you note fascist. Ten TYNs is like writing a TYN for a TYN. At some point, you have to stop the madness.
    image image

• image c_joy:

Dear Tom, Diiick, Harry and Sally - We love the books you made for us. We can tell you all worked very hard on them and the kids enjoy reading them every night before bed. Hope you had a great Christmas. Love, The WBLs

One and done, dude.

I know, this solution would be so simple, but the little effers love getting their own mail.   The really obvious solution would actually be a time machine so my sister could not have so damn many kids.

BTW, I was in the homeland for Christmas and wtf was up with the weather?  I was ready for frozen tundra!  It was like 45 the day we left.

• Hm, I might combine the kids.  Knock it down to a more reasonable 5 thank you notes.  I have combined stationery for them.  That would work.

• image wbl:

BTW, I was in the homeland for Christmas and wtf was up with the weather?  I was ready for frozen tundra!  It was like 45 the day we left.

Awesome, right? We're loving it. Although half of my MN friends on Facebook are all "*Sob* Where's the snow?!?! We want snow!" I hope they end up in a f*cking ditch during the next snowstorm.

• image c_joy:
    image wbl:

Awesome, right? We're loving it. Although half of my MN friends on Facebook are all "*Sob* Where's the snow?!?! We want snow!" I hope they end up in a f*cking ditch during the next snowstorm.

It was perfect skaing/ kite skating (those people are crazy)/ ice boating weather.  I've never seen anything like it!  And also perfect because the ice was too thin for the ice houses and people driving around on the lake and wrecking the ice with their tires. There was enough snow to cover the ground for a couple of days- that's enough, dammit.

• image c_joy:

My coworkers daffodils are super confused and started popping up out of the ground.  Poor little muffins are in for a rude awakening if they get snowed on!

I totally dig not having to drive in the snow, even though it does do a nice job covering up the ugly gray blahness that is MN in the winter.

Totally sucks being a ski hill around here though - business must suck right now.  I've heard man-made snow just doesn't cut it.

• TY notes for Christmas gifts? I didn't realize this was done.....  I just may be the rudest person ever lol