Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Tintin

Nobody's mentioned this one so far, so I figured I would.  I really liked it!  It was a totally enjoyable, very Spielberg-ian, romp.  Basically an Indiana Jones style movie before they started to suck.  And they have definitely conquered the uncanny valley...the CGI characters were lifelike but yet not creepy.  We saw it in 3D, but I don't think the 3D was that necessary.  The screenplay didn't have as much snap as I would have expected from Steven Moffat, but plot-wise it was well done.

I don't know if it lived up to my favorite pull-quote (below) but it was still pretty fun.

"Tintin is a bundle of fun so ludicrously joyful it makes the birth of a newborn child look like the mass self-immolation of a thousand screaming orphans."

[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/15dt561.jpg[/IMG]

Re: Tintin

• I'd really like to see this. I wish I could have seen it with my mom (who loved the books as a kid) but I wasn't really well enough.

Definitely opting out of the 3D version.  For me, it's not a draw. And totally not worth the additional money to me.

• I'm actually surprised to hear that your impression is that they conquered the uncanny valley, because the previews creep me the hell out.  It only looks vaguely interesting to me anyway, but the CGI from the previews has been enough to make me scratch it off my list.