Baltimore Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

iphone savvy ladies please come in

Hey girls, I got an iphone4S for christmas and i have an idea of something i would like to use it for, but Im not sure how...

I have a LOT of recipes, some on paper, some in e-mails, some as bookmarked websites.... and i realize they will all need to be the same format to make this work...

but I would to have a way to be able to access all of them from my phone..maybe if i have them all saved as google documents...? is that possible? or any other ideas would be greatly appreciated!  Im thinking Im walking through the grocery store and see that chicken is on sale and can search through my chicken recipes right then and there.

what else do you use your iphone for? I'd like to make the best use of it as  possible, but im not even sure of all the options and capabilities!

Re: iphone savvy ladies please come in

• You could do google docs. Pinterest also has an app you could use, at least for all the ones that are on websites. I think google docs would be great for all of the ones that are not already online. Or take pics of the recipe and store them in a folder just for recipes. Lots of options and I would just play with them to see what works best for you.
  • ohh taking a picture of it...I didnt think about that!! I forgot that these crazy things can zoom in and all that.

• I have done that a few times and it works really well. A little hard while cooking but it is great for shopping. You can also do screen shots of recipes you have found on the web and store them with the other recipe photos. We have our iPhones wirelessly connected to our printer at home so I could pull up a recipe and print for cooking purposes easy peasy.
  • I would also recommend the Grocery IQ app for grocery shopping. Mine is synched with DH so we can add things while the other is still at the store... and you can scan the barcode before you throw an empty box away and it adds it to the list.
    [IMG]http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m116/catspajamas83/BaileyInstagram-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m116/catspajamas83/Jamesoneyes-1.jpg[/IMG]
  • image Bailey1806:
    I would also recommend the Grocery IQ app for grocery shopping. Mine is synched with DH so we can add things while the other is still at the store... and you can scan the barcode before you throw an empty box away and it adds it to the list.
    oh this sounds like fun!
  • image Bailey1806:
    I would also recommend the Grocery IQ app for grocery shopping. Mine is synched with DH so we can add things while the other is still at the store... and you can scan the barcode before you throw an empty box away and it adds it to the list.
    I just downloaded this and told DH to also. Thanks!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image Bailey1806:

Awesome app....  Thank you!!!

I usually use Pinterest for recipes, etc.  I tried google documents but it was a lot more work and I'm lazy. 

IUI#1 = 09/10 - Canceled - Dx w/POF
    DE IVF #1= 04/11 - BFP
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • can someone explain Pinterest to me?
  • It reminds me of a bookmark bulletin board.  If you find something on a website, you can "Pin" it and it will save it to your boards.  It allows you to collect recipes, craft ideas, home ideas, etc all in one place instead of a mess of bookmarks in your favorites.
    DE IVF #1= 04/11 - BFP
  • oh that sounds handy!!! Do you need an invite to join? I heard somewhere you do...

• Yea, what is your email address or PM it to me, I can send you an invite.
    DE IVF #1= 04/11 - BFP
  • I'm late to the party, but Paprika is a really great app for organizing all of your recipes. You can download recipes from any website into the app and it will format them to all be the same and there are lots of great features for while you're cooking. It's pricey but worth it.