Baltimore Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Verizon DSL

Does anyone have (or had) Verizon DSL? 

I may have opportunity to work from home a few days a week. The only problem is that I live in a rural area and when the weather is bad our cable goes out. 

I can't rely on Comcast for telework and FiOS is not available.  My only other option is Verizon DSL.  This would NOT be our primary interenet service provider.  I would only be using it to connect to my work's VPN.  I wouldn't be downloading large amounts of data.

Has any one used them? How was the service?  Did you have connection problems due to the network being down?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Verizon DSL

• We have Verizon DSL. We have never had a problem with it. It almost never goes out - in fact I can't remember the last time it did. My parents have Comcast and it is always going out. Anyway, we never have a problem with the speed and I do use it to connect to my work's VPN from time to time. My DH wants FiOS but it is not available in our area, so DSL it is.

Dealing with customer service is about the same as dealing with any other customer service - it sucks. But we rarely have to deal with them.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w -- BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w -- BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d -- BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    BabyFruit Ticker

Decorate This
  • My Mom has Verizon DSL and she's had nothing but problems with it. She's about to switch over to Comcast.
  • We have it. It's fine - not super fast, and sometimes kind of gets super slow, but in general its been fine, no big problems.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Disclaimer - we have Verizon FIOS.

We had Comcast DSL for 3-4 years and it was horrible. It was ALWAYS going out. We tried to switch to Verizon, but that got totally screwed up and their customer service (in Ellicott City) was terrible, so we switched back to Comcast.

When we moved into our house, Comcast was going to charge us $60-$100 to switch our account. Verizon would do it for free, so we went with them. We've had FIOS for about 2 years and it rarely goes out (1 or 2 times). We did have a problem with our router and they sent us one the next day.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers