Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Welsh Terriers anybody?

Hi ladies!  I'm not a big poster over in these parts, but I'm sure I will begin to now :)

Puppy search has begun and FI has had Airedales and Wheaten Terriers his entire life and natually would like to continue this trend!  We've agreed that Welshie's are a good middle ground since I've always had Cockers and small-ish dogs.

Anybody have any experience and some pro/cons for me or tips?  I've done a lot of research and I've read only good things.  Great temperament, great with children and lively.

TIA :)

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Welsh Terriers anybody?

• Nothing specific on the breed itself. Just wanted to chime in that my aunt's family has a Wheaten, and she's fantastic!

Also, read the FAQs in the board's header: it has invaluable information on finding a reputable/responsible breeder. Also look into rescuing/adopting your pup from either a breed-specific rescue or area shelter (if they have any). I don't know how prevalent Welshies are, but there's a breed-specific rescue for just about any dog out there. You might find your perfect match in a rescued Welshie; you never know until you look! :)

GL in your search, and please come back and post any questions you come up with about finding a rescue or finding a breeder. :)

image image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since July 2012
    BFP #1: 11/9/13; spontaneous m/c at 6w2d, 11/25/13
    BFP #2: 12/31/13. B/w 12/31: betas >1000, progesterone 13.6; B/w 1/2: betas 3065, progesterone 10.2
    B/w 1/8: betas 17,345, progesterone 25.6
    Progesterone suppositories started 1/2. Please stick, baby!!
    Fiona Elise born 9/9/14 - welcome beautiful girl!
    Badge Unicorn
  • image LuckyAngel07:

Nothing specific on the breed itself. Just wanted to chime in that my aunt's family has a Wheaten, and she's fantastic!

Also, read the FAQs in the board's header: it has invaluable information on finding a reputable/responsible breeder. Also look into rescuing/adopting your pup from either a breed-specific rescue or area shelter (if they have any). I don't know how prevalent Welshies are, but there's a breed-specific rescue for just about any dog out there. You might find your perfect match in a rescued Welshie; you never know until you look! :)

GL in your search, and please come back and post any questions you come up with about finding a rescue or finding a breeder. :)

Thank you so much!  Oh I'll be back with questions and pictures....you can count on that! :)

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • image elliemonster2012:
    image LuckyAngel07:

Nothing specific on the breed itself. Just wanted to chime in that my aunt's family has a Wheaten, and she's fantastic!

Thank you so much!  Oh I'll be back with questions and pictures....you can count on that! :)

We love pictures! Hahaha. We always say, no intro is complete without pics!

image image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since July 2012
    BFP #1: 11/9/13; spontaneous m/c at 6w2d, 11/25/13
    BFP #2: 12/31/13. B/w 12/31: betas >1000, progesterone 13.6; B/w 1/2: betas 3065, progesterone 10.2
    B/w 1/8: betas 17,345, progesterone 25.6
    Progesterone suppositories started 1/2. Please stick, baby!!
    Fiona Elise born 9/9/14 - welcome beautiful girl!
    Badge Unicorn
  • Love the cutie in your post. 

Our Nicky is a Welsh Terrier/poodle mix.  On his terrier side, he HATES squirrels, rabbits, etc. & when we're outside us human's don't exist in his world view if a furry animal is around.  He's a super jumper, can jump the regulation fence, so when he's outside he's on his leash or a chain,  but I think his jumping ability is from his poodle side (inside he jumps higher than the doorknobs).  Very smart, inquisitive & active dog.  Much more active than an airdale, but again, not sure how much of that is from his poodle side.