Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Update to feeling like the worst dog mom

Debbie is doing a little better this morning.  Last night was very rough.  She wasn't able to get up to go potty and at 3am she peed everywhere and just laid in her pee.  It was quite possibly one of the saddest things I've ever seen. 

She was able to get up this morning (we put her on a leash to get her to walk).  She went outside twice and went potty.  She also at her breakfast.  She isn't interested in drinking water, but we are giving her wet food, so she is probably doing okay with fluid from that.   She had an iv with her surgery, so I'm not super worried about fluids yet.

I called the vet this morning (her normal vet) and he said we could start giving her deramaxx (we have some for our other dog).  He's also recommending another medication to help with the pain. 

He said it was normal for her to be like this for up to 72 hours.  Just to put puppy pads under her and try to keep her as comfortable as possible.  

She's sleeping comfortably right now on her dog bed under blankets.  

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Update to feeling like the worst dog mom

• That picture just breaks my heart!

I am glad to hear she's doing a little better though. Anesthesia and surgery can really wreak havoc on the body.

image image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since July 2012
    BFP #1: 11/9/13; spontaneous m/c at 6w2d, 11/25/13
    BFP #2: 12/31/13. B/w 12/31: betas >1000, progesterone 13.6; B/w 1/2: betas 3065, progesterone 10.2
    B/w 1/8: betas 17,345, progesterone 25.6
    Progesterone suppositories started 1/2. Please stick, baby!!
    Fiona Elise born 9/9/14 - welcome beautiful girl!
    Badge Unicorn
  • Poor puppy!

And you're not the worst dog mom! To me it looks like your trying to kee her extra comfy (even a pillow for her head) and giving her lots of TLC!
  • Poor baby!  I agree with pp that it sounds like you're being a great momma and taking good care of her.
  • I'm so sorry you're all dealing with this, especially before a big move. Hopefully she'll be back to her old self soon.
  • We went through something similar when our boy Milo had cancer, and it's really awful to see them in so much pain.  But it sounds like you're doing the right thing and trying to make her as comfortable as possible - definitely not a terrible dog mom.  She'll be back to herself in time, and I hope you get good news from the vet (unless I'm misreading, you're still trying to determine a diagnosis, yes?) 
  • Aww, poor baby. I hope she's feeling better soon. I'm sending her a long distance snuggle.
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Poor baby, I hope she can feel better soon!
  • I hope she is better soon.  What worked for us when my dog wouldn't drink were ice cubes.  She LOVED them and still considers them a treat when the magical ice machine drops them on the floor.
  • Poor baby. She does look cozy, though.

Just keep loving on her. You're being an awesome doggie mom by doing what needs to be done to ensure she's healthy.