Baltimore Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

How was your holiday weekend?

• Highs?
  • Lows?
  • Eat/make anything good (surely everyone must have something for this category this week!)?
  • Watch anything good?
  • Read anything good?
  • Do any shopping? Get any great deals?
  • FFCs, vents, observations, AWs?
  • What are you looking forward to this week?

Re: How was your holiday weekend?

• Highs? Spending time with the family and seeing baby#2 on Friday (via U/S)
    • Lows? DD being sick!
    • Eat/make anything good (surely everyone must have something for this category this week!)? Let's see sweet potato casserole was pretty tasting this Thanksgiving, plus we had dinner with friends on Saturday night in Annapolis. The best part of that meal was the bread and app.
    • Watch anything good? We've been trying to check up on our DVR'ed shows.
    • Read anything good? I'm trying to finish up reading a book from the library, I've had it for 5 weeks now.
    • Do any shopping? a little on Sunday Get any great deals? A few online on BF.
    • FFCs, vents, observations, AWs? We are having another little girl! For those who haven't seen my FB page.
    • What are you looking forward to this week? I'm hoping to finish up with all my Christmas shopping and start cleaning out DD's big girl room. I feel like I have to light a fire under DH to get this done. Sad
    image, image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    • Highs? DS was feeling better by Thursday and we had a great Thanksgiving at my parents' house. My parents, sis, and aunt also came over on Saturday for lunch and that was fun too.
    • Lows? DH caught DS's cold so now he's sick. And though DS was on the mend and sleeping well Wed-Fri, the past 2 nights have been a disaster.
    • Eat/make anything good (surely everyone must have something for this category this week!)? I made sweet potato casserole for Thanksgiving and it was yummy! And basically everything on Thanksgiving was yummy.
    • Watch anything good? We started watching Breaking Bad on Netflix.
    • Read anything good? No.
    • Do any shopping? Get any great deals? No shopping.
    • FFCs, vents, observations, AWs? After DH being out of town 2 weeks ago, then DS hit with a double ear infection last week, and now DH coming down with DS's cold this weekend, I am TIRED and worn out from taking care of them and I really need a break.
    • What are you looking forward to this week? DH and DS hopefully feeling better. Also, I really want to run some errands tomorrow.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w -- BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w -- BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d -- BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    BabyFruit Ticker

Decorate This
  • Highs? The copious amount of family time! As a bonus, I spent 3 out of the 4 nights at my Mom's house, something I haven't done since I moved out of her house. DH had to stay home and work for 2 of those nights and it was kinda nice to just spend a lot of quiet time with my Mom.

Lows? DH having to stay home and work, but it really wasn't terrible. The project he's working on will earn him a huge bonus if he meets the deadline and I was surrounded by family, so it was easier to swallow. He was with us all day on Thanksgiving and he and I had a date night on Saturday, so I still had plenty of time with him.

Eat/make anything good? I made a pie that was the friggin' BOMB, and it's rare that I brag about my own dishes. Dinner at The Chart House on Saturday evening was excellent, too! We'd never been there before, but we'll definitely be back.

Watch anything good? I raided Mom's DVR and got hooked on Covert Affairs on USA. I added it to my own DVR as soon as I got home.

Read anything good? I read Explosive Eighteen by Janet Evanovich and Chasing Fire by Nora Roberts - both were good!

Do any shopping? Get any great deals? Nope, not at all.

FFCs, vents, observations, AWs? The director of DD's preschool told me this morning that I look like I've lost weight. After a long weekend of nothing but eating, that was incredibly nice to hear, since I'm sure the number on the scale rose with all the yumminess.

What are you looking forward to this week? Getting back to my routine - getting the house clean, the laundry done, the kitchen restocked, cooking dinners, etc.

ed + dani 10.31.08 | miranda 04.10.07 | liam 09.06.12
    [IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/2jezlp3.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/2rx75vm.jpg[/IMG]
    • Highs? Seeing my best friend before she left for her trip to Asia, 5 days off of work, getting a tree and decorating it
    • Lows? My car conked out on Thanksgiving but luckily it ended up being a cheap repair
    • Eat/make anything good (surely everyone must have something for this category this week!)? Gyros, Greek pastries and a great meal at Stoney River
    • Watch anything good? Saw Breaking Dawn Part I
    • Read anything good? The Search by Nora Roberts
    • Do any shopping? Get any great deals? Yes, got most of my Christmas shopping done. I only have 3 things left to get.
    • FFCs, vents, observations, AWs? Can't think of anything today
    • What are you looking forward to this week? Taking off Friday!
    • Highs? Being off of work for 9 days!  I got a lot of Xmas shopping done and errands before we left for vacation and I'm finally not sick anymore!!
    • Lows? Driving 8 hours each way for basically a weekend.
    • Eat/make anything good (surely everyone must have something for this category this week!)? I had fantastic oysters rockefeller 2x
    • Watch anything good? naw
    • Read anything good? I finished Sex and The City (can't believe I never read it)
    • Do any shopping? Get any great deals? A good bit and/or decided on what to get
    • FFCs, vents, observations, AWs? Our kitchen is almost done!!  Carpenter today and painters Wednesday - and then we have to put the hosue back together again next weekend before DD's birthday party, but the end is in sight!!!  We also decided we are going to host Thanksgiving next year - that should be fun but scary!!
    • What are you looking forward to this week? Friday?
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Highs? Seeing Breaking Dawn Saturday night with my sister. It was her first kid-free night since her daughter was born in July.

Lows? Not getting enough done around the house

Eat/make anything good (surely everyone must have something for this category this week!)? We took a break from leftovers and ordered pizza last night. Ledo's screwed up and gave us two orders of regular cheese ravioli instead of toasted spicy ravioli. They fixed our order and let us keep the mistake!

Watch anything good? Breaking Dawn was a lot better than expected. I thought the acting was marginally better and the effects were a lot better. Last night was a total veg night - we watched five hours of tv! Sister wives, RHOATL, Tough Love, Celeb Rehab, and caught up on Terra Nova. It was great.

Read anything good? No

Do any shopping? Get any great deals? No

FFCs, vents, observations, AWs? TLC is filming a show at work and I am afraid of looking ridiculous on camera. I am trying to lose weight and I wish I had know about this earlier because maybe I would've been more motivated. On the bright side, I lost four pounds in two weeks.

What are you looking forward to this week? Going to TJ's today. Also, DH and I are going to Vegas next weekend so I'm looking forward to that.
    Steak and Tomato - our foodie photo journal

Married Bio

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wen9ehn/]
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wen9ehn/weight.png[/img]
    [/url]
    • Highs?  Spent most of the weekend with DH and DS at my parents' house and got to help them out with a number of things - which felt great since they're always doing so much for us.  DH and I cleaned their house from top to bottom on Friday while they were out with DS.  Then yesterday they had a huge flood in their basement caused by a washing machine that looks to have finally kicked the bucket.  That sucked - but it was nice that they needed us and that we could head back over there and take care of everything so they didn't have to stress.
    • Lows? Thanksgiving itself was a little different than usual because a number of people were in other places.  Still nice - but not quite the same.  I also had a particularly difficult client from overseas fabricate an emergency on Friday that ate up most of my day.  That worked out alright, though, since it's the reason my parents went out with DS - and after work was done DH and I were able to surprise them with a scrubbed house.
    • Eat/make anything good (surely everyone must have something for this category this week!)?  The usual Thanksgiving yummies, minus the bird itself.  (As an aside, I did get to sponsor 3 turkeys in sanctuary, which took the bite out of seeing all of the turkeys disappear from our neighborhood farm just before Thanksgiving.  I seriously wept when I drove by and saw the entire lot gone.)
    • Watch anything good?  Toy Story 3 - finally!  And Tangled for what must have been the 20th time....
    • Read anything good?  About halfway through The Sky is Everywhere and loving it. 
    • Do any shopping? Get any great deals?  A Samsung 60" LED TV.  Woohoo!!!
    • FFCs, vents, observations, AWs?  None at the moment...but I have a pretty major oral surgery coming up in a week and promise to do my share of whining between now and then.
    • What are you looking forward to this week?  Our dining room and a soon-to-be-bedroom downstairs are getting painted today and I am SO excited to see them.  A drafting table for the library that's been on backorder for ages is also being delivered as we speak.  I cannot WAIT to get home today.
    lovelylittleworld
    BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d
  • Highs?  Relaxing and being off work!

Lows?  Just having to go back to work today.

Eat/make anything good (surely everyone must have something for this category this week!)?  Dessert at Thanksgiving was delicious!  I also made turkey corn soup with leftovers and it was really good.

Watch anything good?  We watched the movie Salt and it was surprisingly good.

Read anything good?  nope

Do any shopping? Get any great deals?  Yes, we finished shopping for my dad and bought some things online.

FFCs, vents, observations, AWs?  Nothing this week.

What are you looking forward to this week?  I'm looking forward to agility class, I missed not having it last week.

My sweet boy
    imageimage
    • Responding late but...

• Highs? Spending a few days with my brother, SIL, parents and my 4 month old nephew. 
    • Lows? It took us 11 hours on Tuesday to drive up to VT on our way to NH and we had to stop and spend the night because of the snow. It also took us 12 hours to get home on Sunday. 
    • Eat/make anything good (surely everyone must have something for this category this week!)? Everything was awesome but we had a deep fried turkey that was fantastic! 
    • Watch anything good? Catching up on our dvr shows, we just started watching All American Muslims which is interesting. 
    • Read anything good? Nothing lately. 
    • Do any shopping? Get any great deals? Haven't started shopping yet. 
    • FFCs, vents, observations, AWs? None to share this week. 
    • What are you looking forward to this week? Seeing some more family on Saturday, cheering on my Girls on the Run team as they run their 5k on Sunday. 
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker