New Jersey Nesties

Review-A Very Furry Christmas @ Sesame Place

Lucy and I had girls afternoon at SP today to check out A Very Furry Christmas. We couldn't have asked for better weather, which is part of the reason we went over today.

First, for anyone who has a season pass, there is no preferred parking. Only VIP. The lot across the street from the park is for everyone else, even if you have preferred parking during the regular season.  The preferred lot is employee parking for the Christmas season.

Walking in they had lots of brightly colored trees in all done in sesame character colors. It looked nice walking in during the day, but wow, it looked really beautiful on the way out when it was dark.

All of the dry rides were open, and there were barely any lines. I had to ride the Vapor Trail roller coaster 5 times because she was so excited there was no wait. I was ready to hurl after 3 and convinced her we had to check out the other rides first. 

Santa is located back by the Tea Cups, and all of his helpers were decked out in some pretty nice elf costumes. Strangely enough, there was only about a 2 minute wait, so she gave him version 1 of her list. Today Elmo was also back there and she wanted nothing to do with him.

The main street area is all lit up nicely and all of the trees in the park are also wrapped in lights too. It looks really, really pretty. While the sun was still out they had all of the characters out there for pictures as well. It is nothing like what it was during the summer. There were maybe only 10-15 people waiting in each line for each character.

They have a huge tree in the center of the park as you walk in. It is lit beautifully and has a synchronized light/music show that plays for 10 minutes. 

We didn't stay for the parade or do a character dinner. 

If your kids love the characters, and love to meet and chat with them, this is a great opportunity to finally see them without waiting in that crazy long line that is always there in the summer. 

While it was nice, I'm not sure it would really be worth driving more than an hour for. There isn't that much more to see, but it is really nice you don't have to battle the crowds to do it.

Re: Review-A Very Furry Christmas @ Sesame Place