Austin Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

getting to know people...

Hi, guys!  I've posted on here a few times before, but I'm really more of a lurker. :/  I hate that word...I sound like a creep! lol  Anyways, I'm really trying to meet more friends.  I don't go to church, so it's really hard for me to make friends.  I'd like to go to the Northies GTG, but my husband is really afraid of it.  He said its awkward and probably a lot of creepers lol!  But I wouldn't mind meeting some women to hang out with, go to dinner with, shopping, and doing lots of girly stuff.  I really want to get to know people in Austin.  I miss having girlfriends!

You can email me at cheyenne.jock @ y a h o o . c o m . 

Yeah, I keep rereading this and I can't make it seem non-creeper-ish.  Sorry. :)

-Cheyenne

sincerelycheyenne.blogspot.com

Re: getting to know people...

• The GTGs are actually really fun. I was worried at first, but the ladies are really nice and always welcoming.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • You really should go to the Northies GTG!  It's lots of fun and the gals are totally cool.  Tell your DH not to worry about it!  It's at a public place, nothing creepy about that!

ETA: I should add that I know your DH's skepticism but he really shouldn't worry!  I've met some great friends through this site!

[My Domestic Addiction]

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter
  • The first gtg I went to was at someone's home and DH (then BF) was SURE they were a armed killer.  :-)

They are a lot of fun and the ladies are always looking for people to attend and meet.  There are lots of us in similar situations.  Making friends as a "grown up" is tricky!

• When I first moved to Austin, I didn't know anyone. I went to a nestie GTG at Taytee's house and had such an amazing time. I was soooo nervous to go but I am so glad I did!

Since then, I have moved to New Braunfels and one of the local nesties (Hi Joyco) has become one of my best friends. 

DO IT! You will enjoy it! 

• Ditto everyone else. I've also met some really great people through this board! And although I completely understand the whole thought of being very weird/creepy meeting someone of an internet discussion board, as Mrs.Nole pointed out, we always meet for the GTGs in a public place, so there really is nothing to worry about. :) And there are several of us that have been in the exact same position as you are now!
    **nestie formerly known as thegastons**