Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

B-day invite wording help

My younger brother is turning 25 on Christmas Day ? being a Christmas baby he always gets forgotten on his birthday so we are throwing a HUGE surprise party for him on the 20th of December.

What is a good way to word the invite?

I made the invite to say this?

Surprise!

Please join us for food and cocktails

as we celebrate

My Little Brother

and his 25th birthday

Saturday, the 20th of December, 2008
at 7 o?clock in the evening

But I would like to add something saying that his birthday is on Christmas and he?s always forgotten so we are wanting to celebrate him.

Any ideas?

TIA!

Re: B-day invite wording help

• This is what it currently looks like...

Should I just keep it like that, or add the Christmas thing?
  • I don't think that you need to add anything about him being a Christmas baby. But, I would put something on it that says what time you expect your brother to show up, just so people can make sure that they don't ruin the surprise by coming "fashionably late."
  • I think your invitation looks terrific. There is no reason to add all that Christmas baby stuff to the invite, why don't you explain it or do something special at the party that relates to it?
  • Wait! He will be 25 on the 25th, this is his golden birthday. I would definitely play that up. 
  • I wouldn't add anything about his b-day being on Christmas.  I would definitely make a big deal of it being his golden birthday! 
  • I agree w/ the other posts -- play up it being his golden b-day!!! : )
  • isn't 25..the silver anniversary?  wth is a golden birthday?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I wouldn't say anything about his bday being forgotten in years past.  It would almost be like a punishing statement by including it on the invite (which is cute, btw). :) 

Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • image rottimom:
    isn't 25..the silver anniversary?  wth is a golden birthday?

A golden birthday is when you turn the same age as the day of your birthday.
    Next year will be my golden birthday -- I'll turn 22 on the 22nd.
    My sister had her golden birthday almost a decade ago -- turned 8 on the 8th.
    Make sense now?

• Don't add the Christmas thing but I would make 1 change

as we celebrate

Little Brother

ON his 25th birthday

or 

Little Brother's 

25th birthday

the way it reads now you are celebrating little brother AND his birthday.