Austin Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Where to buy a (cheap) suit

I need to buy a new suit for an upcoming business trip - I will only wear it once or twice a year, so I hate to spend a ton of money. On the other hand, I don't want it to look really cheap and ill-fitting.

Any ideas? I was thinking maybe Macy's would be a good place to start.

Re: Where to buy a (cheap) suit

• Sometimes NY and Company has suits too.  I got an inexpensive one there this summer and it was lightweight-perfect for Texas weather.  They always have some kind of sale, so it wouldn't hurt to look there.  
  • image Kupcake1980:
    Sometimes NY and Company has suits too.  I got an inexpensive one there this summer and it was lightweight-perfect for Texas weather.  They always have some kind of sale, so it wouldn't hurt to look there.  
    Ooh good thinking - I'll be sure to check there. 
  • I ususally buy stuff like this at the Ann Taylor outlet in RR.  I think the Banana Republic outlet has suits, too.
  •  Thanks! I'll keep my eye for any sales in the coming weeks. I already have two suits to get me through the Monday and Tuesday of my trip, and just need a third one for Wednesday. I hate spending my money on something that I won't wear that often, but everyone wears a suit during this conference (mostly men). Boring!

• image YellowUmbrella:

Thanks! I'll keep my eye for any sales in the coming weeks. I already have two suits to get me through the Monday and Tuesday of my trip, and just need a third one for Wednesday. I hate spending my money on something that I won't wear that often, but everyone wears a suit during this conference (mostly men). Boring!

if you already own something, i'd just wear it again.... Smile you wear something underneath. if it gets dirty, send it on monday to have it dry cleaned and you'll have it back for wednesday. way cheaper than buying another one and saves you time from having to go shop for one Smile 

• I agree with Fly. I'd just change my shirt/shoes/accessories and wear the same suit, assuming it isn't too obvious. Since the conference is mostly men, as long as the suit isn't cream/white/or some super memorable matieral and is a regular black/blue suit, I seriously doubt they'd notice.

However, I've bought my suits in the past at Banana Republic outlet or Ann Taylor loft.