GP Moms
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

A/S appt - did anyone have their's earlier then 20 wks..

My appt is at 18wks and now I am wondering why the Dr. scheduled it so early.  Will they even be able to see everything they need to see at that point?  I guess if they can't they will just have me come back in, right?  So I guess the good thing is I might get to see the baby more then 1x :-).  Just curious if others had their A/S prior to 20wks and also if you did, were they able to see "everything" they needed to or did you have to go back?

Thanks!

Jessica

Reggie imageimage
Madison Lynn image image
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: A/S appt - did anyone have their's earlier then 20 wks..

• Both of mine were at 19 weeks and it was fine.  My doctor really prefers 20 but I sweet talked her.  I don't think 18 is uncommon though.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

***Nestie Bestie w/ TheDeatons***

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I had mine at 19 wks both times and they were able to see everything fine. You should be fine at 18 wks. Have fun!
    [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2nqdy12.jpg[/IMG]
  • Mine was scheduled for 19 weeks but I ended up having a lot of cramping around 17 weeks and my OB got me into an ultrasound just to make sure everything was fine. They did a large chunk of the a/s then. The only thing they couldnt get is one of the kid's heart, I dont remember which one. So I dont think it is uncommon!

[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/35in8yx.jpg[/IMG]

Baby Wearing, Extended Breastfeeding, BLWing, Cloth Diapering, Vaccine Delaying Mommy!
  • My A/S was at 17 weeks and they saw everything they needed.
    J & S~ 06.20.09
    TTC #1 since 10/09
    Hypothyroidism 3/10
    Cycle 17- Surprise BFP! 1/21/11
    When God closes the door, somewhere He opens a window...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had mine at 18 weeks.
    My little love bugs!

[IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/oup4ki.jpg[/IMG]

TTC since January 2010 w/ PCOS, Stage 3 Endo, and MFI

May 2010- 50mg Clomid + TI= BFN

July 2010- 50mg Clomid + IUI= BFN

August/September IVF #1- BFP, M/C at 6 weeks

Feb 2011 IVF #2.1- Long Lupron- Cancelled

March 2011 IVF 2.2- Antagonist,ER 3/29, ET 4/3 2 blasts

Beta #1 8dp5dt-151, beta #2 10dp5dt-311 beta #3 12dp5dt 572

Beta #4 16dp5dt-2703 U/S on 5/5 showed TWINS!

PAIF/SAIF always welcome

Formerly MrsT.52309

Blog
  • I pretty much have one every time I go since I'm high-risk, but our first was at 16 weeks and they saw what they needed to. 
    ~*~Nestie Besties with Hollylb3~*~
    After 2+ years, open-heart surgery, and 3 IUIs,
    our two miracles are here!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    My Blog!
  • We had ours at 18 almost 19 weeks. My doctors office was really wanting us to wait until 20 weeks but we talked them into doing ours when we had it because it was the day after Thanksgiving and the easiest day for us because we were already both off.

::Blog:: ::NOTD Schedule::
    ::GP Nesties FAQ:: ::My BFP Chart::

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Sarah has read 0 books toward a goal of 50 books.
    hide
    "I won't sugarcoat the truth just so you can swallow it without the pain"
  • I had mine at 19 weeks. They were easily able to tell he was a boy. I've always heard they're usually between 18 and 20 weeks. 
    Honeymooning image
  • Mine is for 18 weeks.  According to the MFM, Level II u/s can be done as early as 18 weeks.
    *** Sisterwife with JenniferLuvsCandy! can't wait to meet your LO!***
    ***Congrats to Kristin15172004 on your adorable baby girl!***
  • I had mine at 18.5 weeks and they were able to see everything they needed to just fine.