GP Moms
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

M/S remedies and a WTF...

Not for nothing, but I thought M/S was suppose to get better when you hit the 2nd trimester - not 1000x worse.  Ugh.  I've had all day naseousness since around week 7, by week 11 I was not only naseous but also started gagging/dry heaving a lot.  Here I am at week 15 and now I am puking..what gives??  I called the Dr. on Monday (when I left work early after puking in the parking lot - first time I had puked all pregnancy) and she prescribed some anti-nasea meds (not Zofran)...not sure what it is.  I don't think they are doing anything and I think I may call back and see if there is something else she can prescribe.  Anybody have any suggestions on what to eat/drink and how often throughout the day to help me through this.  Do those "preggie pops" really work?  Any remedies are much appreciated.

We are suppose to be going to Vegas in 2 weeks but if this m/s keeps up the way it's been this week I may not be going :-(

Thanks!

Jessica

Reggie imageimage
Madison Lynn image image
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: M/S remedies and a WTF...

• I had hyperemesis and my doctor had me on Zofran, Vit b6 and Unisom.  I was sick the entire pg.  I hope you feel better soon!

Preggie pops helped somewhat ( I only liked the lemon and raspberry flavors), lemon gum, peppermint candy, fresh lemonade, animal crackers, oyster crackers, popcorn are all things I snacked on. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am so sorry that your m/s is getting worse in the second trimester. I am still having bouts of m/s myself and have found that eating bland food and drinking a lot of water helps me. I also eat smaller meals more frequently throughout the day rather than three large meals.

To help with the nausea, I had lemon drops and preggie pop drops and they have been lifesavers for me at times when I thought I was going to throw up but ended up keeping it down with the help of those candies.

I hope it starts to get better for you soon.

***Nestie Bestie with Kelnyc***
    ~TTC since June 2009~
    ~March 2011: Diagnosed with Unexplained IF~
    ~50 mg Clomid Cycles in March, April, and May--BFN~
    ***Surprise BFP 07-18-2011***
    ~Beta 1: 585 07-19-11~ ~Beta 2: 2218 07-22-11~
    Our Little Blessing was born on March 31, 2012
    Birthday
  • Mine has been pretty bad this week...I can't imagine it getting worse and worse into second tri :(

Water is pretty much a no go for me now as well are most foods.  I'm eating what sounds good, but the one thing that helps a little is sucking on something.  I have a bunch of different hard candies and it does help the nausea while I'm eating them.  I'm also on Zofran which is not helping at all this week and I'm adding back in B6 to see if that makes any difference.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker