Hawaii Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

XP: Where to go from Hawaii?

We are living in Hawaii for the next 2 years and, as a traveler, I'm so frustrated at how expensive it is to go ANYWHERE from here! Where have you traveled to from HI? I've been looking at cruises but for 2 of us it would be upwards of $4000 just to fly to and from the ports, not including the actual cruise! Any suggestions on where to go from here without breaking the bank?

We've done all the Hawaiian islands, I'm looking for something in Australia, Asia (China, Thailand, Japan) or even something on the west coast of the US. But, ideally, I'd love to see other countries on this side of the world while we are relatively close by.

PersonalMilestone Anniversary

Re: XP: Where to go from Hawaii?

• I used to get cheap flights from Japan to Hawaii when I lived there. I think I went with Continental Micronesia for the most part...
  • I saw your post after mine on the travel section! Good to see a fellow HI nestie on here--it seems like it's just been the ones who had their wedding here!

I hear you on the cost being so frustrating to get off the island. I really want to get out there and travel more but the cost is so daunting. We just flew back to the mainland a month ago and spent $2000 for 2 of us getting there. 

I haven't looked at going to any of the Asian countries but we are looking into going to Napa Valley for our 1 yr anniversary in April. Have you thought about going to see Tahoe/Yellowstone/Grand Tetons area or anywhere else in the California area? It seems pretty affordable to get a flight into any of the CA airports.

Also, are you associated with the military? There are options to fly Space A to a lot of the Asian countries on a fairly regular basis.

Anniversary